40: Knowledge is power
6k 15 160
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"First, why are you dressed like that if you're a boy?"

"I… it's not my fault. When I enrolled those guys saw me and sent a petition for this to be uniform. They forced it on me. And now… I can't come to the Academy without it."

I'll say this again. Bullying is bad. What's the point? Everyone has feelings. Trampling on them won't get you anywhere. 

"You're, lady Yurishia, right?"

"How do you know my name?"

"I spend most of my time in the library and… gathering intel. That includes you. One day I want to become a great sage, so that means I always have to have knowledge on hand."

So he's a bookworm. Wait. That can prove useful. 

"If I would need some information on someone, would you be able to get it?"

"Of course. For the right price."

"How do I know you're telling the truth?"

"Ask me something. I'll give you a sample of my skills."

"What's the relationship between Azamar and teacher Amelia?"

"Azamar is Amelia's son."

"Why are people here so stingy about pure blood nobles?"

"Hey, I said one question. Any more and it requires a price."

"What do you want? Want me to take a walk to the mine and get you some proper stones?"

"Won't… that get you in trouble?"

"I do what I want. If I can get you some stones, how much would that be worth?"

"Depends on the information you are requesting. If you want just general information or specific info about someone..."

Well, it's never a bad idea to have knowledge on hand. So I guess this might be a profitable exchange. Nelia doesn't 100% know everything about this school. And her spiders aren't allowed inside. More like they are warded off. 

I could use the fellow to help me get more… up to date. So I guess tomorrow after class I will skip the dungeon exploration part and just go to the mine instead. It should be interesting. 

"Alright. Then I'll do it. I'll let you know when I get some stones."

"Are you super sure you won't get in trouble?"

"I'm sure."

After all, maybe I can find a way to have some fun with that milf body Amelia has, fufufu.

------

~The next day~

"Are you sure it's a good idea to go looking for stones?"(Bessie)

"That's right. If my knowledge serves me right, they need to be refined. You can't use them as they are."(Lumi-chan)

"Have you forgotten you have me? As long as I have a hammer and my own stones, refining them won't be an issue at all."(Shizu)

"See? There's nothing to worry about."

"Lady Yurishia, you're playing with fire if you ask me."

"Aww shut it. I do what I want to do."

I understand the girls are worried. I don't have any reason to do this. But it's not like I am doing this from the generosity of my heart. Knowledge is power and if I am to graduate I need lots of it. Maybe this guy will tell me why they tried to rig the tests. And what other tricks they might prepare. But that can wait. Amelia walked once more into the classroom so my slaves went back to their seats.

"Alright class, let's pick up where we left off and let me explain more about the dungeon."

She clapped her hands a few times to get the class's attention.

"Underneath this Academy a large dungeon was built in a labyrinth style. The deeper you go, the stronger the monsters you will face. The only exception is floor 1. It has no monsters at all. A powerful barrier was placed to prevent the monsters from escaping. Note that the monsters were placed by brave Mazoku. Using sleeping drugs they were moved inside the dungeon. 

Now as I mentioned you really want to explore each floor properly as occasionally you will find a stone with writing on it. It will specify the time and place for the secret classes. If you don't wish to attend them, try to go as deep as you can and practice your magic."

"Sensei, what happens if we are unable to face a monster? Will we get killed?"

"Heavens, no. Various familiars have been placed on each floor of the dungeon. If your life is in danger they will distract the monsters and bring you to safety. There's something else I want to point out. 

This dungeon has a total of 30 floors. As teachers we must mention this, familiars have only been placed up to floor 20. If you go beyond that, you're on your own. Also, the dungeon is accessible to any class, not just this one so there are chances to meet other people as well."

"Sensei, if all classes have access to it, won't the monsters… umm run out?"

"There's no need to worry. Some are specially bred and others will be transferred if the number gets too low."

There were also some additional rules that we need to respect in the dungeon. 

  • Stealing another party's kill is forbidden
  • Battle between students is only allowed on floor 1 and there must be a 3rd party witness
  • Other battles may only take place in the arena by formally submitting a request
  • Helping another party is allowed as long as they request help

"Also you can go out all you like. The dungeon walls have a powerful anti-magic layer so you don't need to worry about the dungeon collapsing. Now then, let me start by teaching you some spells to defend yourselves."

The class continued like that. As expected of a teacher, she had talent. She described various battle formations as well as several attack and defence spells. The complex barrier Fuka was easily described in a manner that everyone could understand it. 

Other spells like Ice Shot, Triple Fireball, Dark Bolt were also explained. Although she made mistakes from the optimal form, I decided to ignore them this time. The class went on like that for a while. I must say it is a more efficient way to teach magic, than the way I learned it.

"And that concludes today lesson. You have the rest of the time to explore the dungeon. Or you can ignore it if you chose to do so."

And with that the class was over. It's time for me to go collect some stones! It sounds weird though. Oh well, no use thinking about it, hehe.

160