42: Clearing a few things up
5.7k 28 165
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All the way back to school Dante didn't say a single word after that. He guided us all the way to the principal's office. He knocked on the door and a voice saying"come in" could be heard. My servants had to wait outside.

This office was pretty large. Except for the furniture which has that antique feeling it really isn't any different from a modern school office.

"As requested, I have brought lady Yurishia. And after my observation I conclude that no rule was broken."

"Excellent. I thank you for your hard work, Dante. You may leave us."

The principal was an old man. He wore a long black robe. He had long white hair that reached all the way to his shoulders. He also had a white beard and mustache. His red eyes were looking straight at me, as if he was scanning me. Another thing worth pointing is that this old guy had rings on each of his fingers. And I mean all of them. 10 fingers, 10 rings.

"So you are, lady Yurishia. I must say, the rumors about you sure travel fast."

"Excuse me, but how did you know I was trying to farm stones in the volcano mine?"

"Your little friend Rio spilled the beans quite easily. All I had to do was promise him some extra credits."

Bastard. I really can't trust anyone. That guy is going to get a big ass spanking from me later.

"It would have been an issue if you actually farmed stones. You act like you don't know the most basic knowledge. Everyone knows that the crimson knights are responsible for the mine. Although they're prices are high and this Academy can't afford for everyone, that doesn't mean…"

"Alright, why don't you cut the act already?"

"Wha!? That's no way to talk to me! I…"

"That's really a poor disguise. What are you doing inside that old geezer? Possession isn't pleasant, after all. I know better."

"..."

"Come on, Ariadne. I know it's you."

When I said that it felt like time itself stopped. In the next moment, the principal's body glowed brightly. And in the next moment, standing right beside him was the beautiful goddess that reincarnated me. The Goddess of Fate Ariadne. 

"Was it really that obvious?"

"There's no way I would mistake your aura. After all, you gave me these eyes. You were also inside the old elf back in Lyndwurm, right?"

"Hehe! Busted."

In Lyndwurm I didn't notice it because I was still in a human body so my vision was limited. 

"So… to what do I owe this visit?"

"Umm… well it's because of the head Goddess. You see… I made another mistake. You weren't supposed to be imprisoned for 10 years. I accidently fell asleep so I couldn't correct your fate in time."

"WHAT KIND OF GODDESS ARE YOU!?"

"Eeep!"

"First you get me killed, then you make me spend 10 years in jail… I've had enough."

"I… I'm sorry. But I am a new Goddess. I haven't even finished basic God training, but I was forced to take my predecessor's job. It hasn't been easy for me either. I know you suffered a lot. That's why I'm trying to help you out."

"So the thing about Rio telling the principal…?"

"That did happen however I stepped in since he planned to have you expelled. Don't worry. Once our conversation is over he won't remember a thing. I'll handle it."

I lost most of my respect for this Goddess. Why does a god even have to sleep? Gods are supposed to be all powerful beings. There's that classic phrase "I'm only human". People say it because they admit they aren't perfect beings. But when you think of a God, you expect a being that can't make mistakes. However Ariadne is far from perfect.

"Were you also involved with the elf incident when I recruited Lumi-chan?"

"Umm… no. I was on my coffee break then."

I almost fell on the floor when I heard that one. You should be the goddess of lazyness! But that means she won't know about that strange shadow. Oh well. Can't help it.

"You're pretty useless."

"Hey, I'm doing my best, you know. It's not easy!"

"So you helped me get my body back and prevented this geezer from expelling me. Do you really think this makes up for the 10 years I rotted in prison?"

"Um… it does?"

"IT MOST CERTAINLY DOESN'T!"

"Well… umm… what else do you want?"

"How about making me the Maou?"

"I can't do that. It would be too big of an interference from my part."

"Then how about you restore my powers fully?"

"I can't do that either. Your powers have to come back by this worlds' natural means."

"You're useless."

"Aww come on. Don't be so mean. You're hurting my feelings here! But wait. I know. Listen, what I am going to tell you know is super ultra mega secret. I'm going to reveal to you the secret behind the sword Zeshia!"

"You mean the Maou's weapon?"

"Yup yup. Now listen carefully."

For 5 minutes straight she kept whispering in my ear. But… what was the point of whispering. If time stopped who's gonna hear us. Brushing those feelings aside I let her finish her story. It was useful information, I can't deny that.

"So… are even now?"

"Since I doubt I can get anything else from you, I guess so."

"Hey, that's still rude."

I'd ask her what's up with the dimensional monsters but I doubt she'll tell me. 

"Well… I'll be taking my leave now. And don't worry about the principal. Just walk normally out of here and everything will be alright."

"Fine."

Ariadne's body was once again wrapped in a blinding light. She then vanished. Time resumed once more. The principal blinked a few times but didn't say a single word. Guess I'll leave for now. After all, there's a little rat I have to deal with.

165