44: Bad memories
5.6k 18 159
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day everything returned to normal. Or so it seemed. I could feel a little hostility from Amelia, but I brush it off. 

"Listen up class. Today you are going to have a different schedule. Some of your fellow colleagues went too deep inside the dungeon and got hurt as a result. You know good defense and offense spells but your body needs to be prepared as well. Today, please go to the arena for your physical lessons."

It's true. Spells are one thing, but it's important to have a physical constitution too, unless you are absurdly overpowered like Lumi-chan. So as instructed we all went to the arena. And as soon as we got there… my legs turned to jelly.

------

~12 years ago~

"Come on, Yurishia! Wake up! It's time for your training."

"What the… Leona… the sun didn't even rise yet."

"I know. It's perfect for you to develop some night skills. Don't worry. We're just gonna do some light exercises. Please trust me. I'm not a very strict teacher."

Leona led me outside. Out there a carriage was waiting. I say carriage but it had no wheels. It looked like a big sled to be more specific. And it was filled with rocks. 

"Alright, how about we start by doing a few laps. Pull this carriage a few times around the town."

"Is this your idea of lightweight exercises?"

"Isn't it? Listen, magic is important, but you can't neglect your physical training."

Can't argue there. I tried pulling it and I could do it… but the weight and the fact it's got no wheels… made me go at a snail's pace. 

"Leona… isn't there a quicker way?"

"Hmm… I suppose there is…"

"Really?"

But I soon regret my words. She pulled out a whip.

"Faster training involves faster running!"

*Whip crack*

"Ouch!"

"Come on. See? You can do it with proper motivation!"

"This isn't motivation, it's torture!"

.

.

.

.

.

"Okay. That was a nice warm up."

"Warm up my ass! You made me jog for 2 hours straight."

"I guess we can take a short break."

"Thanks."

But as soon as I sat down…

"Okay. Break is over."

"That's too freaking fast!"

……..

"Today we're going to do some weight training."

Leona wrapped around me some sort of soft pads that went from my wrist to the elbow, and from my knees all the way to the feet.

"Now let me activate the enchantment."

And as soon as she does I was on all fours. I couldn't move a muscle.

"Alright. This is a more advanced training method. Try doing a few laps like that."

"Are you fucking kidding me!? I can't move at all with these. You added too much weight. Come on. Can't you help me out?"

"Okay… but remember, you asked for it."

She then wrapped around my neck some sort of necklace with meat on it. And in the next moment… she brought big wolves.

"I'm going to let these doggies go now. They are very hungry. So I would run if I were you."

"What the…"

"Awooo!"

As soon as she let go of the leashes the dogs came charging straight at me. I completely forgot about the weights and ran as fast as I could.

……..

"Alright, Yurishia. Today I'll start teaching you techniques. The Hero is fond of the Dark Tiger Fist martial art, so I will have you learn it."

Leona made a demonstration. Her fists were a blur and her moves delivered devastating blows. We were currently in an empty canyon so Leona wasn't worried about the damage.

"Finally some useful stuff. Alright. What do we start with?"

"First give me your hand."

"Huh?"

I didn't understand the purpose of this so I extend my hand. I soon regreted. Leona tossed me straight into a wall. 

"Aagh! What… was that for?"

"The first thing everyone needs to know is how to take a fall. So for today I'll be tossing you around until you can get a proper landing."

That day I was literally treated like a ragdoll. Bruises after bruises. My bones and my organs felt like they broke over and over. If I didn't have my Cure All I would definitely be dead.

……

"Yurishia, the reason I was pushing you so hard, was to prepare your body. There might be a time when you can't rely on magic. I am going to teach you my original move. Force Boost. A skill that transfers all the mana into the body. 

The pressure it puts on the body is quite big. So I needed to prepare you. Still, I am impressed. In just 2 weeks you managed to toughen up. Let's see how your body lasts with this."

"No! I don't want any more training. You're seriously gonna kill me!"

------

~Back in the present day~

"Hello all. My name is Leona. I will be your martial arts instructor."

A beautiful demi-human. Despite her name, she is actually a fox girl. Currently she was wearing a sports bra and black shorts similar to the ones you would see in a gym back on Earth. Her long chestnut hair complemented her beautiful hazel eyes perfectly. She had a pair of fluffy ears and a long fluffy tail. You know that people often call some girls as being thicc. Having fat in all the right places, creating sexy curves.

Well… this girl is bricc. Not only does she have all the right curves and a huge pair of breasts, but she is also muscular. Even more than Bessie. You can practically see her six pack abs. And the curves around her arms… don't get me wrong, she's still very feminine but at the same time gives off a very imposing view.

"N… Nelia… can we skip this class?"

"It's too late for that now. We would be noticed right away. But… what's wrong? You don't look so good."

That's cause I'm scared. I don't want to go through that trauma again. Please… don't let her notice me. This is the first time I didn't want to stand out at all. I'm just gonna hide in the back and hope for the best.

159