50: Sylvia and Bessie strike
5.4k 13 155
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Judging by that sword on your back I assume you are a swordsman. It truly gives off a nice aura. But it's wasted on you."

"I couldn't care less what you think. I just know that I need to cut the enemies that stand in Aneue's way."

Eustace was a mazoku with horns like that of a ram, short black hair, golden eyes and light brown skin. He curled his lips into a smile at Sylvia's words.

"Well it just so happens that I am also specialized in swords. What do you say? Do you want a little lesson before I humiliate you?"

"No thanks. After all, I got nothing to learn from you. I'm better than you."

For a moment Eustace froze at those words. He pulls out a sword with a red hilt and golden blade. 

"Is that so?"

He leaps into the air gathering magic into his blade.

"Then try blocking my demon sword Grutir!"

Eustace swings his holy sword down and at that moment it seemed like Sylvia’s hand glittered and a flash of light appeared.

“…………Eh?……..Guaah!!” 

Eustace couldn't even grasp what just happened. He just found himself crashing against the wall. His body slammed tightly against dungeons sturdy brick wall.

“With that skill level, it's more like your sword is the one that's wasted. And it's a pretty good one too. If it could talk I bet it would be crying."

“…….Youuu……… You’re only a subordinate…. A filthy slave…. but you’re pissing me off……!! Take this! [Howling Nova]!"

Howling Nova was a magic that Sylvia was well aware of. Yurishia performed it before her very own eyes, after all. A magic that creates 50 energy swords that attack the enemy like a barrage of arrows. However, Eustace's version was weaker. He only managed to create 15 swords.

"Pathetic."

The swords were approaching, but Sylvia didn't flinch. With one swing of her sword, all the blades were repelled.

"What the…!?"

"A trick like that isn't even worth my attention. Maybe I overestimated you."

In the next moment, Sylvia quickly jumped at him and kicked him in the stomach, sending him tumbling.

"Darn it! You'll regret that!"

Eustace quickly got up on his feet again and drew a magic formation on the ground.

“Don't you dare mock me. If swordsmanship is your talent, then you’re no good at magic. Your physical ability is improved because of Iblis so you can probably move faster than me but you can’t use any magic you aren’t familiar with.” 

“That’s right. So? What's your point?” 

Sylvia still maintains a calm expression.

“You really are pissing me off. Are you stupid? Don’t you understand? You have no way of countering my magic!!”

The ground starts shaking unnaturally in a 30-meter radius around Sylvia. And in the next moment the ground itself engulfed Sylvia's legs up to her knees. She didn't sink like in a quicksand, but the ground rose up like an ant hill.

"Earth barrier [Amarilis]. It robs people of movement by binding their feet and takes away their power. Hey, you can’t move can you? Now it doesn’t matter how good your sword skills are.”

Eustace leisurely walks over to and places his free arm on his back.

“I’ll show you another good thing. Come, my other sword. Greatsword Hrutir. The twin swords Grutir and Hrutir. Let me teach you something. If I can cut you in the same place with both swords then you will be inflicted with a powerful poison. Everyone who’s wounded like that cries for help. Kyahahahaha” 

Eustace’s face distorts in laughter.

“But no matter how much you beg I can’t help you because I can’t cure it. I don't even know if there is a cure hahaha. But don't worry. It's not deadly. But you will wish for death.” 

Eustace casually approaches Sylvia with his twin swords.

“You still don't get it?” 

“Huh?” 

“You are… weak.” 

Sylvia violently slams her sword into the ground, breaking it and sending chunks of rocks flying.

“…..Aaah……….. Ouch……. You……… How……!?” 

Eustace jumps back in surprise.

“…….. How’d you do that…..!? Amarilis should have drained your power! Even your Iblis was supposed to disappear.”

Sylvia takes a step forward with a nonchalant look on her face.

"So? What of it? You might have drained my power, but that doesn't mean you can drain the power within my sword. And now that I broke through your shallow tricks… it's time to break you."

"Curse you!"

Eustace gathering raging flames on his Grutir and a powerful gust of wind on his Hrutir and like a wild beast he charged at Sylvia.

"I'll squash you! Take this! [Twin Coil]!"

"Zero stance - [Accel Rondo Strike]!"

Without moving from her spot Sylvia raised her sword. At first Eustace thought that she was just blocking his attack. However, the moment they made contact, Eustace could clearly see 10 flashing lines aiming at him. They weren't consecutive strike. It goes beyond what a human can do. They all happened at the same time. 

The swords were blocked, his arms were cut off and various cuts were made all across his body eventually slamming him into the ground.

"Ugyaaa!!It hurts….. Aaaaaah……."

Eustace screamed like a wild beast.

"That should do it. I made sure to avoid cutting any vital spots and major blood veins. You'll live. Let this pain be a lesson to you. Insulting me is one thing, but I won't forgive anyone that looks down on Aneue."

------

"Yosh. Today you have the honor of fighting the mighty Crixus! I heard you guys excel in physical strength. Let me show you what a properly trained Mazoku can do."

Crixus was a man with short red hair and small horns but a bully figure.

"Are you going to talk me to death? Come on already."

"Fine. Then let me teach you… you demi-humans are so poor with magic, but for us… combining martial arts and magic makes us superior. Don't blink. I'll show you something amazing."

Crixus charged forward and flames were wrapped around his fist. He was preparing a powerful punch. However… when he got in striking range Bessie swiped his leg. 

"Wha… ha…?"

Crixus spinned around in the air, and Bessie followed up with a powerful elbow blow that sent him crashing into the wall.

"I must say that was something amazing. Your face hitting the wall was really a nice view."

"Why you… I'll make you pay."

Crixus shoots flames from his fists, however they were all brushed off by Bessie.

"Nani!?"

"Haven't you been paying attention to Leona sensei? Brushing off low level magic isn't that hard."

"Bitch…. Then how about this!"

Crixus covered his entire body in flames with the fire magic Phoenix Mantle. At first it pretends to be defensive magic but it actually covers and completely burns its opponents the moment the moment it comes in contact with them. 

"You're too full of openings. That might have worked as a surprised attack but…"

Bessie also practice often with Yurishia… so she got the grasp of slapping away magic quite quickly. She prepared her fists and instantly closed the gap.

"You're pride is going to be your downfall. Unlike the other girls, I don't like toying with my prey. I always give my opponent a fast defeat. Secret Art - Raging Vapor."

Bessie plunged her palms into Crixus stomach. The force behind that blow extinguished the flames and made Crixus violently cough blood. 

"..... Bitch…. I'll remember this…. and Gaahaa.….next time…."

His internal organs were heavily damage and because of the pain he imediately fell unconscious.

"Such an idiot. You really think there will be a next time? Your liver is weakened and your ribcage is cracked. Consider yourself lucky if you will be able to walk again. You were just a bug. I didn't even get to properly release some steam. Forever an idiot. I'm glad boss didn't have to deal with you."

155