56: In the shadows
5.8k 14 136
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fuck! Shit! Dammit! You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me!” 

Late at night, Azamar Ornelia drove his fist into one of the many trees surrounding him. He was standing outside the city in a field with dried up tries due the heat caused by the volcano nearby. He was cursing in a low, but vehement voice.

Hatred, fear, and impatience warred within him. He was on the verge of descending into insanity.

“As I thought, you’re pretty shaken up about this... Well, I suppose it’s understandable. Your pride was smashed, your mother was insulted and not to mention your childhood crush, Nelia, was snatched away and by a woman, above anything else.” 

Someone called out to Azamar, their voice full of scorn. Azamar froze, then let out a sigh of relief as he realized it was the person he was supposed to meet. A shadow like being, shrouded in mist. Azamar clenched his fist and replied through gritted teeth.

“Shut up! Fuck! It... It wasn’t supposed to be like this! Why is that bitch still alive!? Even mom went through all that trouble to cripple her yet she's still fine...” 

“Could you at least hang on to your sanity long enough to listen? I’d rather not be found by anyone here. It’d be hard to explain.”

“I don’t have any reason to listen to you anymore… Your promise of helping me fulfill each and every one of my wishes…. Your story about making me the greatest Mazoku… my precious Nelia who should be mine… I wanted to torture her with my love…. All of my dreams...” 

A second figure was hidden by the shade of the trees. Azamar turned to face them and slammed his fist into the tree behind him. He’d only agreed to cooperate with them because he’d been promised anything his heart desires. And they were far stronger than any Mazoku. They were… rank S dimensional monsters. 

Azamar thought that with their help he can attain happiness. Azamar had a crush on Nelia and, despite acting like a jerk during their reunion, he had a twisted sense of love and wanted Nelia for himself. Now that Nelia was forever beyond his reach and the name of Ornelia was ridiculed, he saw no reason to continue following this person’s orders. Even if they threatened to tell everyone about his attempts on hurting Yurishia, it hardly mattered. He didn't care as he believed he couldn't sink deeper than this. 

“Listen boy, if she was stolen from you, all you need to do is take her back. Am I wrong? And fortunately for us, I have the perfect bait to lure them in.”

“Bait?” 

Puzzled, Azamar repeated the word. The figure grinned and nodded.

“Yes, bait. It is true that we made a miscalculation. We didn't consider that someone like her might appear. However even if this Yurishia is arrogant, she's not made of stone to deny a request from her slaves. Nelia, long ago, had a friend. Because of that friend… she killed her father. If that particular girl… if Liz were to surface again, what do you think she’d do?”

“You...”

“It would be a simple thing to lure her to us. There’s no reason to get so upset. And the master-slave contract might be an issue, but we can work around it. All we need is to eliminate the master. Though I must say, it was a close call this time... Fortunately for us, things still ended up working out. In fact, you could even say this turned out in our favor. Shall we put the finishing touches on our plan later? 

When we succeed... your wishes will be granted too. Lady Yurishia… she won't even make it at the end tournament. Of course… we shall bestow upon you great power beyond your wildest dreams. Just bare a few more days."

”......” 

Azamar glared at his co-conspirators, though he knew they wouldn’t be fazed by it in the least. As expected, their smile didn’t falter. While Azamar wasn’t aware of the details of his accomplice’s plan, he was certain it would end up harming many of the students. 

"This is nuts... But I can’t turn back anymore. To get my Nelia back, I’ve gotta do this... I can’t hesitate now. To become the Maou and prove once and for all that nobles are superior....I’m doing the right thing."

Azamar was too far gone to notice how illogical that train of thought was. The dimensional monsters that had human like form understood Azamar quite well, which was why they’d picked him to be their pawn. Smiling, Azamar agreed to the figure’s terms. 

“Fine, I’ll do it. I’ll keep cooperating with you. But...”

“Yeah yeah, I know. You’ll get what you want, and I’ll get what I want. Give and take, right? Anyway, we’re almost at the moment of truth. I’ll be counting on your help when the time comes.” 

The figure turned on its heel and faded away into the darkness without waiting for Azamar’s reply. A dark flame began to burn in the young boy’s clouded pupils.

------

"Lady Yurishia, don't you think you went a bit too far?"

"I told them to clean up, didn't I? Besides, I don't trust anyone that easy. And it's not like I can put them all under a master-slave contract. However, if I can train their loyalty with sex, I say it's good enough."

After all, if they can't live without my dick, they won't betray me anytime soon. Although I am pretty tired. Doing 10 girls at once was a bit too much, even for me.

"Nee, Yuri-nee. Tomorrow is the weekend. No school. Do you have any plans?"

"Not particularly. Why? Is there something you want?"

"Um…"

"Speak up. I'm not so cruel as to deny my servants' request, if it's reasonable."

"We haven't seen the city properly. Umm… would you go on a date with me?"

"Eh? No fair, Lumi-chan. Aneue, I want to go with you too."

"Don't leave me out, I want a date too. I've never had one since I became a guild master."

While my girls were starting a debate… I started shacking a bit. Sex is easy. However a date… even I never had one. Heck, back on Earth I didn't even have a girlfriend. What am I even supposed to do? 

"Lady Yurishia… are you okay?"

What do people do on dates? Hold hands? Talk? I never studied that concept. How do I even approach a girl in a scenario like that? Do I bring flowers? Do I just be myself?

"Umm… earth to lady Yurishia?"

"Eh… sorry. I spaced out for a moment. Yeah. Fine. I'll go on dates with all of you. I guess we can do 3 tomorrow and 2 the day after. I… will grant your request."

"Hurray!"(x5)

Ugh… what did I get myself into? I hope I don't regret this.

136