59: Shizu and the snow globe
3.9k 10 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun soon set and the evening quickly came. However people lit the streets with glowing crystals. Like a modern light bulb. The festival would still go on. And now it Shizu's turn.

Shizu starts guiding me.

Walking together I was looking forward to seeing where she was taking me.

Eventually, we came to an area filled with shops known as the Vilethorne shopping district. It’s probably the busiest neighbourhood in the city with many people and travellers coming and going.

“Here.”

Shizu stopped in front of a certain store.

Magic modeling shop [Leaping Lizard].

It’s huge. If you were a kid… you would definitely be left speechless. A giant shop filled with toy like stuff made by magic.

A female shopkeeper wearing a hat turned to us as we entered.

“Oh? Welcome. My name is Clara. What can I do for you today?”

“Aah. Nice to meet you. By the way, whats a magic model?”

Clara's face took on a surprised expression when I asked her.

“…….There’s nobody who doesn’t know what a magic model is. Think of them as hand made crafts. From toys, to rings. Here artists always try to create new trinkets. For a small price they can use our work stations.”

"Yurishia… I really like building stuff."

Well… she's a dwarf so I guess it's expected. 

"Do you want to give it a try?"

Shizu nods vigorously. At our words Clara stepped in.

“Then feel free. No one is using the workshop at the moment. Usually people just browse the goods at this hour.”

We follow Clara into the workshop where I see several magic formations drawn on the floor. Looking closer I see that they are restricted formations.

Restricted formations limit the type of magic that can be used and where they can be placed but offer high precision when used.

The room also contains shelves and a long table with various things on them. From rings to dolls. Miniature wind mills, cat statues, rocking horse for kids… any trinket you can think of. It was a giant hand made toy/souvenir shop.

“These are magic models. What do you think? Aren’t they great?”

"Yurishia, can I try?"

"Please do. I want to see what you can make."

Shizu placed her hands above the magic formation. This formation is precise. Normally invoking this magic takes several minutes so it really has no combat use. You're dead by the time it's finished. That's what the magic stones are for. Instant cast. But now Shizu didn't rely on the moon stone.

What she crafted… was a miniature mountain landscape. The details were amazing. Trees, rivers… it was beautiful.

"What do you think?"

"It's beautiful. And your attention to details is good. I'm impressed. This is definitely a deluxe toy."

She looks really happy. Her face is faintly breaking and smiling though she is also concentrating with her eyes firmly fixed on the model.

“Wanna give it a try?”

"Why not."

I felt nostalgic for an item from Earth. Obviously I can't make a big or something too high tech. It would tilt the balance of this world too much. 

The thing I created was…

"Yurishia… what's that?"

I made a snow globe. A small house with a windmill inside a glass sphere and small white light pebbles that mimicked snow perfectly.

"It's not over yet. Let me show you the beauty."

I cast the small wind spell Gust Breeze. It's a spell that lasts quite a while and only generates a light breeze. The windmill started spinning and… voila! Snow in a globe.

When Carla saw my work though…

“….Aah….as I thought……no, more than I thought……. It’s incredible……..if someone told me I wouldn’t believe it…….. What’s this……!? This is… I never seen something like this.……! Such a fresh idea!! How much do you want for this?”

"It's not for sell. Shizu, this is for you."

"Really? This is like a gem. Almost better than gold. Can I really have it?"

"Yes."

Shizu jumped up and down and her rabbit ears were twitching. The shop owner was sad, but eventually we left before making a bigger ruckus. 

As we moved on, music filled the streets and before I realized it. Shizu was drawn to it. She danced like a pro dancer. Her harem style clothes only accentuated her beauty. She was so graceful that she even drew a crowd. Claps and cheers didn't come in short amounts. Everyone admired her.

When the music stopped she was almost assaulted by people and drunks, but I pull her out of the crowd.

"I didn't know you can dance so well."

"It's one of the great joys in my life. That dance… I was dedicating it to you. Did you like it?"

"Very much."

"I'm glad. I really enjoyed this date. Seeing you smile is rare."

"Really?"

"Yup. When you smile from your heart… it makes me feel warm."

"You know what… I kinda had fun. I got to see a new side of you too. Maybe I should have you perform a dance like that for my entertainment now and then."

"It would be my pleasure."

And so as the night went on, we decided to call it a day and walked home while holding hands. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun. Today really was a success.

102