62: The first step towards revenge
4k 9 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day the festival ended. Life returned to the way it was. The stalls were removed and the daily routine continued. Today was the day of the secret class. So as it was written on the runes I headed towards the assigned classroom.

So far there were quite a handful of students. I guess it's expected since this was supposed to be the easy one. I also saw Rio here. Knowing him he must have made a deal with someone. Technically it's not against the rules to divulge the information. 

One thing I noticed was that Dante fellow. He was here too and for a second he was gazing at me. But he lost interest soon. I ignore everything and take a seat. Since the number is limited, my servants were allowed to stay near me this time.

After a few minutes a teacher I never saw before came in.

"Quiet down now. First let me congratulate you for discovering the first secret class. You guys will get a treat now. We have a special guest. All of you better show your appreciation"

It felt like everything was moving in slow motion for me. Step after step, the man made his way to the podium. A man with long silver hair and bright orange eyes. A sword attached to his hip. A glass of wine in his hand. Although it wasn't wine… it was blood. And a dark tuxedo with a long cape like costume that you would find in a nobles' wardrobe. It was screaming elegance.

Pale white skin… a vampire. But not just any vampire. Every warm feeling I had accumulated in the weekend vanished in an instant. Anger and murder intent swallowed me.

Once he wrote his name on the blackboard… it was the last straw.

"I am Lord Volmund. One of the great heroes. Today I shall be your instructor. Thank the heavens that you are in my presence. Make sure to study well!"

Immediately Bessie pressed her hands my shoulders, Nelia grabbed my right arm and Shizu my left.

"....let go…."

"Lady Yurishia, please calm down. I know how you feel but…"

"I… have to kill him…"

Kill, kill, kill!! That was the only word I could think of. 

"You mustn't! Not here. If you attack him here you will turn the whole school against you and lose the chance to become the Maou. Lady Yurishia, I know how you feel but it's not the time right now. Try to calm down. We need the proper setup."

As much as I hate to admit it… they have a point. If these girls weren't here… I would have jumped on him by now. Fine. I'll tolerate him for now.

"Now then class, as you know, the purpose of this academy is to find a Maou candidate. And we all know the future Maou was determined to be a royal. But that doesn't mean the rest of you don't have a purpose. Each of your blood will be necessary for the our race to survive. Study well so you can fulfill your purpose."

"Yuri-nee… every word he just said right now is a complete lie."

Obviously. I don't need Sense Lie to tell that. He makes me sick. The more he teaches the more I want to murder him. As the class goes on he starts explaining military tactics. More notably a formation called the two man block. 2 Mazoku complement each other and combine their abilities.

Either one always defends and the other always attacks or both of them combine their powers with elements that synergize with each other. Advanced stuff that not even the army properly teaches you. I can't find fault in the way he teaches. Still I don't like it.

"Now then, I will teach you a unique spell. Be grateful."

The next magic formation he drew on the blackboard left me speechless. An extremely complex spell.

"This is the formation for the powerful spell [Jormungandr]!"

Jormungandr. It was actually a word we had back on Earth too in norse mythology, but over here it had a totally different meaning. What's this idiot thinking? Jormungandr is an ice type spell. It traps your opponent for 10 years in a block of ice that won't melt. But here's the catch. It's a complex spell. I can't stay quiet.

"Excuse me, sensei?"

"Hmph. What is it? Haven't I explained it properly or are you just an idiot?"

Okay, you wanna play that way? Fine.

"No. You explained it fine, but I have an issue. Isn't this too dangerous. Jormungandr is a spell that can backfire. If you lose focus for even a second, the caster will be the one who will end up trapped inside the ice. Isn't it a bit too much to teach something like this?"

"What!? It really has an effect like that?"

"How did she notice?"

"Now that I look carefully at the formation it does have that nasty effect."

The class was noisy as always.

"Silence. You have a good eye. However I am merely feeding you knowledge. I am not forcing you to use the spell. But if we think about it, a Maou must have a vast knowledge of spells. If you go and use the spell and it does backfire that simply means that you are too weak. Don't misunderstand. Our role isn't to keep you safe. It's to make you into warriors."

The class fell silent again. They're that scared to share their opinion? I won't deny Volmund is strong. Stronger than I remember him. However… even with only half my power… I still have to find a way to kill him. The sight of him makes me want to puke. And I have the perfect idea. I know how I can kill him without being suspicious.

Since Nelia's spiders don't have access in the school grounds I'll have Rio tail Volmund after class. There's one thing I need to do before I can face him. Prepare the field. Just you wait bastard. Your doom is near. I just need to have a quick chat with Leona.

109