63: The battlefield is ready
3.8k 15 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Eh? You want me to close the dungeon? I can't!"

"Leona, you're a teacher aren't you? You have that authority."

"Well… yes. I won't deny that I have the authority to temporarily deny access in the dungeon… but it has to be an extremely important reason. Making an excuse isn't as easy as it looks."

"Just say that a couple of students got lost and for safety measures you're closing the dungeon until you can find them."

"I guess that can work… but…"

"Please, Leona. I really need you on this one. The dungeon is the only place that is going to work."

The dungeon is the perfect battlefield. This way the scenario can be like: Volmund wanted to check the dungeon but was mysteriously killed by monsters. If his body were to be found anywhere else… it would cause too much suspicion. War might break again and I don't want that until I kill all 3. Not to mention if it doesn't look like an accident, Byron and Liliana will just raise their guard.

"Do you want me to back you up too?"

"No. I don't want you to get involved. It might stir things too much."

I then turned around and faced my slaves.

"Girls, I can't believe I'm saying this… but I'm not confident I can kill Volmund by myself. I need you to fight beside me."

"Understood!"(x5)

All right. The wheels are in motion. 

------

~The next day~

As instructed Leona denied entrance to the dungeon for today. And only today. I had to move fast. Rio told me that Volmund had a meeting with the principal but he's heading home right after. So I waited near the school gate, until I saw him. It was pretty close to sunset.

His smug grin… I can't stand it. Time for the final move.

"Excuse me, sensei?"

"Hmm? Oh, it's you. That annoying commoner from yesterday's class. What do you want? I don't give extra explanations. If there's something you didn't understand, blame yourself."

"Nono. That's not what I wanted. I just have a different type of question. Would you please enlighten me?"

"Make it quick."

"Why did you betray the former Warlord, Yurishia Bahamut and try to kill her?"

When I said those words, even if it was for just a split second, I could see extreme shock in his eyes.

"W… what nonsense are you speaking? Are you an idiot? You're wasting my…"

I didn't let him finish. I teleported behind him and placed my hand on his right shoulder.

"You're coming with me."

I then teleported him all the way to the 10th floor of the dungeon. This way I can blame monsters for his death. Naturally my girls were already there and waiting. 

They chased most monsters away and also dealt with any familiars. Nobody will find out about this.

"You… what is the meaning of this!? Showing so much disrespect to me is punishable by death!"

"Enough with the bullshit."

I couldn't wait any longer… I took my mask off and revealed my face.

"What…!? What trick… is this? This… YOU CAN'T BE HER!!"

"Have you forgotten me already, Volmund? Skeptical as ever."

"Impossible!! We… we killed you! We evaporated you. You can't be alive!"

"And yet here I am. Now tell me, why did you try to kill me? You were my companions. My friends. Was there any reason for that? I did nothing wrong."

"Nothing wrong. Heh… hahaha! How naive can you be? You're very existence is wrong! Can't you see? Nobles are superior in every way. Yet you… you are just a summoned creature with no royal blood whatsoever. 

But you possess power beyond normal. How long would it have taken until everyone acknowledged you as the strongest? You gave people dreams!! That's just fucking wrong! Everyone had to wake up from the illusion you created and to do that you had to die!!"

"You still don't get it. A Maou is someone who transcends trivial things such as bloodlines."

"Trivial? Don't mock me, bitch! Royal blood is the most important thing in this world!"

"I've had enough. Talking any further is pointless. Frankly I don't give a shit. I will crumble every one of your beliefs. You took everything from me. I'm taking everything from you."

"Hahaha! Big talk! You're power has dropped down significantly compared to your glory days. I don't know what happened but your tremendous aura is gone. You're a shadow of your former self. I on the other hand grew stronger! If you wanted to kill me you should have done it during the sunlight when a vampire is at its weakest. You did me a favor bringing me here. I was once afraid of you, but not anymore! It will be my pleasure to kill you again!"

Without wasting any moment he activated the magic Nijira. Nijira was originally developed by vampires. Under it's effect, vampires become absurdly strong creatures. His whole body transformed. He became more bulky, his hair grew longer, his nails transformed into powerful claws and his upper and lower canines grew into large vampire fangs.

"Hahaha! Observe! This is my power taken to it's utmost limits. I always wondered how your blood would taste."

"Yare, yare. You're all bark and no bite. Even in my weakened state you can't beat. It will be my pleasure to demonstrate it.

Girls, stay sharp."

"Roger!"(x5)

This will be over before it begins. I'll make you regret ever being born, you shity vampire!!

110