64: Girls vs vampire
3.9k 8 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While he was still laughing I drew near and used my claws to pierce his heart. Was it a cowardly tactic? No. He's the one that let his guard down. And even if it was, I couldn't care less. There is that urban legend that if you pierce a vampire's heart with a stake it would die. Well… anyone would die.

There are only a handful who can survive after having their hearts crushed. This should kill him but…

"What!?"

But he neither vanished nor even did he shed blood. Instead of blood, a black shadowy something began leaking out from the spot he was stabbed.

“…I definitely felt feedback, but attacks like that have been reduced to having no effect, huh?”

“Boss, your attack had no effect?”

Bessie couldn’t hide her shock. 

“If it was before he activated Nijira, it probably would have killed him.”

Bats dissipated and then gathered together and combined together into the form of a person. He appeared behind. He's truly a vile creature.

"Now then, shall we have some fun?"

He threw a powerful punch at me. I placed my hands in an X shape guard. I blocked his attack but the impact still sent me flying.

"Hah, if piercing the heart doesn't work, then I'll crush your skull."

Bessie stepped forward. She prepared the Dark Tiger Crushing Fist, she closed the distance between her and the vampire in an instant with her swift feet. She leaped forward and prepared her punch with the speed of a bullet.

"Bessie, wait!"

Sadly I forgot to enforce the command on her. And my warning came too late. A powerful shockwave was formed, but her fist was stopped.

“Wha…!?”

It was a sure-kill attack that she had thrown fast enough to surpass the sound. Yet the blow was stopped with a single hand. 

It was like grabbing a flying missile bare-handed. Naturally, his hand’s flesh was torn to shreds, his nerves were snapped apart, and his bones were smashed loudly.

But the vampire’s regenerative ability worked far faster than the speed at which he was wounded. Even the sight of his hand regenerating from its snapped ends looked disgusting.

Volmund laughed and jumped at Bessie. She couldn’t stop herself from being pushed down to the ground. Cracks appeared on the ground from the impact. 

"Nelia, get her out of there right now!!"

"Roger."

Threads imediately were sent and wrapped around Bessie's leg. The next instant she was tugged away before Volmund could bite her.

"Phew. Thanks, Nelia. Just thinking that originally this is the guy who wanted to buy me gives me chills…"

"Girls, be careful. No matter what happens, don't let him bite you. You'll definitely die!

Also… this is an order! Keep him busy! I can kill him, but I need some time."

"Understood!"(x5)

A black cloak that melted into the night and stakes that stabbed out from inside it had been summoned forth. Since they weren’t summoned from the ground, there was no fear of a surprise attack, but—the stakes were thrown with the superhuman strength of a vampire, breaking the sound barrier as if it were extremely natural.

“Tch, how troublesome…!! [Accel Strike]!”

Sylvia stepped forward and with great skill snapped all of them. Volmund used this moment to charge at me. Hmm… I'm not ready yet… I'll have to fend him off. I keep a calm poker face. He is stronger than me, but I don't want to give him this satisfaction.

He lunged at me. We locked hands and I was imediately pushed back.

"Hahaha! Weak! You truly are weak Yurishia! To think that I once respected you… I'll end you now!"

"Yare yare. As I said before, you're all bark and no bite."

I bent my body backwards in a limbo move style and land a powerful kick in his stomach, sending him crashing into the ceiling.

"Graaaah!! Not yet! Something like this won't…"

"[Everflowing Vortex Dragon]!"

Lumi-chan imediately generated a water chinese like dragon and threw it at the vampire. It was key we don't give him any breathing space between our attacks. At the same time…

"Iron pillar!"

Using the power of the moon stone Shizu generated a large iron pillar, and she thrust her hammer onto one side of it, propelling it straight at Volmund.

A powerful shockwave that shook the dungeon itself was generated when both attacks collided.

"Hiyaaa!!"

Volmund fell on the ground injured, but due to his powers he was quickly regenerated.

"Not so fast! [Tempest Shredder] + [Agni Thread]!"

Nelia launched her shredding spear like threads. Pain assaulted Volmund and he was pushed against the wall. When the dust from the impact cleared away, he was heavily binded by Nelia's threads.

"Guaah! Curse you! To think that small fry like you are giving me this much trouble… die already!"

This time he transformed into a cloud of mist allowing him to escape Nelia's web. He appeared behind Sylvia this time and readied his long sharp claws.

"Dodge it!"

This time I enforced my will into my words. Sylvia's body moves according to my order and manages to dodge the slash with paper thin difference. And that was a lifesaver. The force behind his claws left a large visible mark on the wall. Bessie once again leaped at him and planted her elbow in his back.

"Eat this! Secret Art - Spine Splitting Crash!"

A powerful blow that can normally split a person in half, not just the spine. However in Volmund's case he was just sent crashing and tumbling on the ground like a ragdoll.

"Such a thing! You insolent…"

"Playtime is over."

I got close to him once again.

"[Vulcan Shock Ignition]!"

A powerful burst of flame assault Volmund from every direction. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that these flames are as hot as lava. They can melt even your bones. However when the flames calmed down…

"Hahahaha! Not yet! Did you think fire would work on me? We vampires are descendants of the dragon's son! Flames like these hurt, but they can't kill us."

"I know. That was just a diversion."

Only after I said that did he notice. He was standing on a hand drawn magic formation. His face turned pale.

"This can't be… when did you have the time… no, even to begin with it's impossible for a Mazoku to use this!! It's a bluff!"

"Feel free to test this bluff out on your own skin."

Light started to emit from the magic circle. Pure white blinding light. The best way to deal with a creature of the night is... with holy magic.

"[Holy Judgement]!"

113