75: Something’s fishy here
3.5k 12 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, in the arena, the people were waiting to see who will be the first to return. Since there were no devices like televisions in this world, the crowd couldn't see everyone's progress. Instead, a small show was put in the Arena so they wouldn't get bored waiting.

Byron was sitting in his fancy chair next to the principal. Fellow teachers were also seated nearby.

"Tell me, principal, amongst the students there is one that caught my eye. I saw great potential from the one named Dante."

"Ah, yes. Lord Dante Wilnas is the school's pride and joy. A noble with absurd potential. I am confident that he will be the winner of the exam."

"Fellow teachers, I would like your opinion as well. What do you think about Dante?"

Byron asked with a pleased smile. Almost everyone said the same thing as the principal. They all truly believed he is destined to become the Maou. All except Leona.

"I'm not so sure about that. Dante's abilities as a person are significant, but he is clueless when it comes to warfare. This competition can't even compare to a battlefield. And besides, there's someone out there with much sharper instincts."

"Don't tell me you're referring to that white uniform misfit!?"

"Of course."

"Leona, with all due respect, she may be strong, but no white uniform has ever managed to win this. That should state a lot."

"Perhaps. Although I wouldn't count her out so soon. I'm sure she's going to surprise all of you."

------

"Woohoo! Now this is speed?"

We were sailing really fast thanks to my speed boat. With cars at least, I never was a speed addict, but here on water… it feels like I just want to cut through everything. It didn't take us long enough to reach the leaders. However….

"Aneue, there's something attacking the students."

Yup. I could see it too. Various tentacles were assaulting anyone who got close.

"Should we go around it?" 

"The problem is, if we go around we'll lose precious time. I don't know what that thing is, but you're going through it."

"Aaargh. Kill… kill all Mazoku!!"

What? This thing has a voice? Lots of stuff changed. Although I was here once before I didn't notice a creature like this. The tentacles also feel random. Like there isn't a main body at all. Well, whatever they are, it's aiming straight for us now.

"Yuri-nee!!"

"Yeah! I felt it too. Be careful girls. Whatever this thing is… in its angered state right now, it's incredibly powerful. We're dealing with another demi-god."

Just like Lumi-chan this creature gave out a divinity aura, although more darker. It's not something I can hold back against. Time to go full throttle!

"[Lightning Arrow]!"

Several arrows of lighting fell from the sky and assaulted the tentacles. Even just one was considered a high grade magic, but I fired off multiple attacks. My arrows pierced the tentacles and struck the water with electric current. I could hear a squirming voice. I'm not sure if I hit its body, but electricity will always work in water.

"Listen well, you riffraff guardian! If you don't want to feel my wrath, let us pass!"

"How dare you… arrogant Mazoku! I will kill you all!!"

Tentacles emerged once again and pierced our boat. It was pulverized.

"Lumi-chan!"

"Leave it to me. [Freeze Shock]!"

It was imperative that we don't get under the water. So Lumi imediately created an ice surface for us to stand.

"Lumi, each time the ice cracks, replenish it again. Focus only on created ground for us. The rest of you, fend off the tentacles. I'll try blasting it away!"

"Roger!"(x5)

The tentacles came towards us like whips. Sylvia used her sword to precisely cut them, Nelia did a similar thing with her strings, Bessie shattered them with her punches and Shizu's hammer easily broke through them. Me on the other hand…

"[Thunder Wolf Strike]!"

3 large yellow electric wolf heads were generated and assaulted most of the tentacles. This is advanced level magic. Against this opponent I gotta play it safe. Explosions took place, and engulfed the approaching tentacles. They were burnt away.

But that wasn't enough. Mouths with sharp fangs rushed all around me. This thing isn't dumb. It's trying to separate me from the others. This is starting to piss me off.

"Feel terror, you hentai guardian! I shall infinitely drive magic into you until you crumble into dust! Be frozen, [Ice Age]!!"

As if being forced back, whoever was controling the tentacles shouted.

"UUAAAaaaaaaaah───────!!"

The mouths bent, and approached once again but were instantly frozen. However, hidden behind the first wave…., there were another ten charging. They passed through the wave of extremely low temperature.

"Shit!"

It had quite the power, as it sent me flying. Lumi imediately created a large ice pillar for me to crash into.

"Gahah!"

"Aneue!"

"S...stay back! I won't allow myself to fall here! To think I need to go all out… fine. I'll let you taste it. World Magic level!!"

World Magic. The highest level of magic known in Stellaria. It gets it's name for being so powerful that it can have an impact on the world itself.

"Ww… wait lady Yurishia! If you can actually use that, you might blow up everything around us! We might get caught in it."

"I don't fucking care! Lumi, levitate the ice. Get the girls away. I'm going to blast this thing to hell!!"

If I was at full strength this would be child's play. But as I am now I might suffer from mana intoxication. Regardless, if it means pushing forward I don't care. Still… these tentacles… why do they tick me off so much? Something about them… feels familiar. Wait!! After so many years… can it actually be true? Only one way to find out.

94