121: Parent vs Child
2.3k 2 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lady Yurishia, do you really think Bessie has a chance?"

 

The first battle was between Bessie and Regulus Rex. Nobody expected this outcome. For the Beast Emperor to come out round 1…

 

"I don't know, Nelia. In terms of brute strength he surpasses everyone of us, but Bessie is his daughter, so he might hold back and…"

 

"Hey, father! I don't want to you to hold back. Come at me like any other opponent and I will show you my growth. Right now, I'm not facing you as princess Yarina. I'm facing you as Bessie, Yurishia's slave!"

 

Well… There goes the holding back theory.

 

"B… Bessie? Is that the name she gave you? That's not dignified for a minotaur. But… very well. I won't show you any favoritism. The fate of the country is at stake after all."

 

Vanis having confirmed that both parties are ready:

 

“Now then, the first round……Start!”

 

------

 

"HAAA!"

 

Bessie slammed her foot into the ground and swept up numerous rocks that rose to the surface from beneath and were fired towards Regulus.

 

“Uooooooo!”

 

Regulus destroyed the bullet rock with his bare hands.

 

"Don't tell me you though that was going to work?"

 

“Kuu! What ridiculous physical strength you have! Then how about this?”

 

Bessie charged at her father with all her might. Her well developed muscles tightened. She threw a powerful punch that had the force equivalent to a rocket missle. Even so, Regulus caught her fist with his bare hand. A shockwave was generated and the Beast Emperor was pushed back slightly, but he took no damage.

 

"Hou? That's quite a splendid punch. But if that's all you have, then…"

 

"Not done! Secret Art-Bullet Jab."

 

Bessie plunged her fist into her father's stomach. She used the force behind the blow to roll him over above her hand and throw him towards the other side of the crater.

 

"Fuuh. Not bad. To think you would be able to throw me around."

 

"That's only the beginning. Here I come. Force Boost - Phase 1!! HAAA!!"

 

A powerful cry followed by the burst of tremendous aura. When I asked Leona to properly train Bessie, I knew that at some point she was also bound to learn Force Boost. At her current state she can only use Phase 1, but even at that level it's a significant power increase.

 

This time, Bessie kicked the ground and closed the gap between them. And once she had reached Regulus’s bosom, she swung her fist upwards, wanting to use a powerful uppercut.

 

But unfortunately, Regulus appeared to be a step quicker, as he easily took Bessie's back. However, Bessie seemed to have predicted that, as she soon twirled her body and, this time, dropped her leg from above upon Regulus.

 

Bakiiiiiiiiii!

 

Large crack marks were carved into the ground from the impact. And, at the same time, Regulus’s coughed a mouthful of blood.

 

Judging it to be a good opportunity, Bessie followed up with her assault. Her fists moved at a speed that no ordinary man could follow. A powerful barrage assaulted Regulus. Right now he looked like a ragdoll. Fist after fist, vital spot after vital spot, shockwave after shockwave. Bessie was true to her word and displayed power and skill on whole different level.

 

And then, for the finale, Bessie clenched both her hands together into a single fist and made a large swing smashing everything in it's path. Following that, Regulus fell to the ground.

 

"How was that, father? You became too careless."

 

She stated as she looked down upon Regulus. Darn it Bessie. You're too careless. Think about his power level.

 

Shuuuuuuuu…….

 

Surprisingly, the collapsed Regulus in front of her began to disappear like an extinguished flame.

 

“What the–!?”

 

Then, Bessie felt a tremendous amount of killing intent coming from above her. She immediately turned her face upwards to check. When she did so, she saw an uninjured Regulus in the sky, covered with a flaming cape. Crap. I didn't expect this. Because demi-humans possess so much physical strength they usually are bad at magic. This guy wasn't the case. Although his magic is weaker than me, it's still considerable.

 

“When did you switch in a substitute?!”

 

“With this, it's going to be my win!”

 

An intense flame was being emitted with Regulus at the centre of it, it looked like it was cloaking him to protect his body from harm. That flame gradually became bigger, as if it were turning into a miniature sun.

 

“Take thisssss! [Fireball of Truthhhhhhh]!"

 

Bessie grit her teeth as if resolving herself to take the hit and began to concentrate all her force into her right fist.

 

“I cannot allow myself to lose here! For Boss's sake, this me will become a fist that will crush open the way of her path!”

 

Gogogogogogogogogogogogogo!?

 

The ground began to shake strongly as though a major earthquake had occured. Bessie's aura under Force Boost was going wild.

 

Bachiiiiiiiiii!

 

The moment those two existences touched, a sound similar to an electrical discharge rang out. Both parties refused to give a single inch to the other, and it had completely turned into a contest of strength between the two.

 

Just when one thought the sun had pushed forward, the Bessie once again pushed back. But finally the conclusion appeared to have been reached. The one which displayed a change first was……………………..

 

……………..the sun.

 

 

“Nuguuuuuuuuu!”

 

Bessie's tremendous fighting spirit and willpower managed to split the sun in two. However Regulus avoided the impact with paper thin difference.

 

Smoke and electric shocks came out of Bessie's body.

 

"Enough! We surrender for this match!"

 

"Eh!? Lady Yurishia, but Bessie is doing so good."

 

"Take a closer look."

 

Bessie performed splendid. However, I could see it. Regulus wasn't using his full strength, and after that blow… she passed out.

 

"Hmph, even if you didn't declare that I would not have taken it further."

 

Regulus supported Bessie's body and placed her gently on the ground.

 

"Yarina, your feelings have reached me. You truly did grow and became a splendid woman. Exchanging fists with you like this made me so happy. I am proud to call you, my daughter."

 

Vanis, who confirmed that I gave up, raised his hand towards Regulus and shouted.

 

“The first match is the demi-human’s victory!”

63