122: Leona the swift
1.8k 5 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ugh…"

 

When Bessie regained conscious, she found herself resting on Lumi-chan's lap.

 

"Are you alright, Bessie?"

 

The duel between Bessie and Regulus was finished. My girls carried Bessie outside the crater and of course, I used my Cure All on her.

 

“Boss……”

 

Bessie who had been fighting up until now, was contemplating her defeat. She was clenching his fist and said with an apologetic face:

 

“My…… My power was not enough…… I deeply apologise……”

 

Bessie actually believed she stood a chance, however she realized too late that her father wasn't using his full power. In fact, she rarely saw him go all out so she didn't appreciate the gap between them well enough.

 

“Don’t say such things! You have nothing to apologise for.”

 

"Eh!?"

 

"Bessie, that was a remarkable display you showed me. Even if you lost, I managed to get a glimpse of his power. In the worst case, if this tournament ends in a draw and he decided to step in again, I have a vague idea how to handle him. So don't apologise. The fact that you lost doesn't mean that I don't have faith in you anymore. Just leave the rest to us!"

 

"Boss….."

 

Bessie jumped and stuffed her face in between my breasts. I guess she wanted me to comfort her so I gave her a hug and stroke her head.

 

"Hey! Stop that!! This is a serious tournament here! Such indecent things aren't allowed!"

 

Daddy seems like he doesn't like it.

 

"Will all due respect, you only won the first match. Bessie is still mine until the very end. What I do with my girls is none of your business."

 

"Grrr…"

 

"Ahem, before things get out of hand, it's better to proceed with the next round. I will now confirm the participants."

 

In the center of the crater, Vanis brought out the papers one more time.

 

"For the demi-human side, the great war hero Ixion!"

 

Cheers from the demi-human side could be here. I don't know who this guy is. A gorilla like humanoid man enters the ring, carrying a large metallic club.

 

"Boss, that guy is pretty famous amongst the tribes. It might be a close call again."

 

"Nah. It's going to be an easy win this time."

 

As I said that, Vanis also read the name from our sides' paper.

 

"And from lady Yurishia's side we have… Leona."

 

When Leona's name came she jumped nimbly into the crater. Regulus made a 'tsk' gesture as if annoyed by her.

 

"Oswald, what do you think of this matchup?"

 

"Have no worry, sire. Leona might be strong, but Ixion is a tactical genius. He will find a gap to exploit."

 

"You really lack judgement in these things. We might as well prepare for the next round."

 

"I beg your pardon?"

 

"Just look."

 

Hmm… I already calculated the outcome of this battle. In 43 moves, I will be able to corner Leona and knock her out. She also won't use her force careless, which will allow me to bait her in. I have researched Leona thoroughly, so even if by chance she is faster than me, I will be able to counter her and set up my strategy. I am a refined fighter, not a mindless brute. These 43 moves… will go down in history.

 

These were the thoughts of Ixion who was confident in his victory.

 

Vanis raised his hand in the air.

 

"Then let the second round commence. Start!"

 

This is it let the supreme game of chess beg….

 

But before he managed to finish that thought, his conscious started to faint and sink into darkness. Before he could even make a move, his body collapsed on the floor, unable to comprehend what happened. Before his mind went blank, he only heard the following words:

 

"Force Boost - Phase 2!"

 

Leona who was superior in physical strength to Yurishia, under the effects of Phase 2 ended the fight in less than a second. Everyone on the demi-human side was left speechless unable to comprehend what happened. It seemed that only Regulus managed to catch that move. A powerful palm strike.

 

Vanis who tried to regain his composure:

 

"Errr… Umm… it seems Ixion is unable to continue. Ahem… winner of the second match… Leona."

 

"See Bessie? I told you it would be over quick."

 

------

 

*Pant**pant*

 

"You okay, Leona?"

 

"Yeah. I'm just tired and my muscles are aching."

 

Leona is probably the only one who can truly use Phase 2 without her body falling apart. The only way I can do it is with my Cure All.

 

"Still, didn't you go too far?"

 

"Don't worry. I haven't killed him. And besides, I hate to admit it but Ixion is a great tactician. He might have found out a way to counter me if I went easy. So it was better to burst him down in an instant."

 

"Great job! Now the score is tied. We're definitely winning this!"

 

~Meanwhile on the demi-human side~

 

The demi-humans carried Ixion away to get him treated.

 

"As much as I hate to admit it, that traitor really is fearsome. I wonder what would happen if she and I were to clash?"

 

"You would still win, Your Majesty."

 

"Hahahaha! Thanks for the vote of confidence. Anyway, Oswald, is our secret weapon ready?"

 

"She's still partially asleep."

 

"Well go wake her up. It's her turn next.

 

While both camps finished their breaks, Vanis once again took out the papers and confirmed the participants for the 3rd battle.

 

"For the next match, from Lady Yurishia's side we have miss Sylvia."

 

"And from the demi-human side we have… eeh!? No. Ahem, forgive me, I was surprised to see this name. We have… lady Erina Vitalis."

 

When those words were spoken, Leona's fur on her fox tail rose up as if a shock ran through her.

 

"It can't be…"

 

"Leona, you know the next opponent?"

 

"Sort of. Lady Erina Vitalis is… the world's strongest swordsman. Her skills with the sword are unmatched. But… I heard she retired… I wasn't expecting this at all."

 

World's strongest swordsman, huh? Seems this country is full of monsters of its own. I wonder what she looks like, though. I didn't have to wait long before my chance to see her. Or so I thought. But her name was called and she didn't show up.

 

"What the hell do you mean you can't find her!!?"

 

I couldn't believe my ears. Did these guys lost their fighter? The demi-human side was panicking like crazy.

 

"So noisy, right?"

 

"Yeah-- hey wait a second!"

 

Before I realized, a woman standing behind me. Half human, half fox. Or so I think judging by her ears. Her hair was was long and all tied up in a ponytail and she was wearing a traditional japanese armor style dress. Part armor and part kimono. And attached to her hips were 2 katanas. This is the first time I saw japanese elements in this world. I would say she almost looks like Ushiwakamaru from the popular game Fate Grand Order back on Earth. She did look tired and letargic, though, because she had large bags under her eyes.

 

But I was more shocked. She got near me and I couldn't even sense her. It's almost like she doesn't have a single drop of mana in her body

 

Regulus obviously noticed and shouted even louder.

 

"Oi! Erina, what do you think you're doing over there? You're on our side, remember?"

 

"Yeah, but it's more quiet here. And I like this woman's scent more than yours. I can rest better over here."

 

"Would you get your ass moving into the crater already? We're all waiting for you. Please? You want the reward I promised you, right?"

 

*Yawn*

 

"Fine. See you in a bit, miss. I'll be back later as it's more relaxing here."

 

The mysterious woman performed a large jump into the crater. This is definitely going to be a weird match. I can't get a reading at all on her so I don't know what to expect. I can only hope that Sylvia does her best.

60