Chapter 117: Gift-Wrapped Beauty
1.1k 21 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The new Twisted Destiny cover is prety much ready. I just asked the artist to tweak a little thing and then I can publically launch it! :D

-The 24th of December- 

 

I had managed to get pretty much everything in my house unpacked, mainly with the help of Em and Ria. While there was still quite a lot of work to be done, like buying new furniture for a couple of rooms and the basement, it really started to feel very homey. 

But for now, all of that could be derailed for just a couple of days, as it was now time for celebrating Christmas at Em’s house. As I’d also be sleeping over, this time I had decided to just drink my fair share of ‘tomato juice’ ahead of time instead of taking it with me. Just out of precaution. 

Anyway, Helen came to pick me, and the presents I’d bought, up at my new home, after which we drove on to Ria’s. What surprised me is that not only was Ria waiting outside, but her parents were too. And what was even more surprising is that when they saw me, they smiled and gave me a courteous bow. -Wow, that is really gonna go down in the history books, isn’t it?- 

Ria got in the car, and it was clear from how quickly she scooted over to me for a kiss and by her demeanor that she was having a really good time already. 

“Hey there.” I smiled after she was done with her greetings kiss. “You look happy.” 

“Yes! It’s time for Christmas!” In the meantime, Helen was stowing the gifts Ria had brought in the trunk of the car. “What are you wearing?” Ria asked. 

I opened my winter coat a little to give her a peak. “It’s the outfit that we bought together on the shopping trip.” 

“Oh, that cool turtleneck!” She then looked down at my feet. “And you are wearing the ankle boots too!” 

I shyly scratched the back of my head. “It’s only Christmas once a year, right?” 

“Hehe.” Ria opened her winter jacket a bit too. “Looks like we had the same idea.” Underneath, she was also wearing one of the dresses that we had bought that day. It was a light blue dress with a big ribbon on her left side. Amazingly cute, although that doesn’t say much, since pretty much everything Ria wears is amazingly cute. “I wonder what Em’s going to wear.” 

When Ria said that, Helen had just returned to the car and I could tell by the way Helen peaked a glance at us that she’d perfectly heard what she’d said. 

“Would you know something about that, Helen?” I asked. 

“I am not allowed to share such information, I’m afraid Lady Beaumont.” Helen formally rejected me. 

“Awh, why not?” Ria pouted. 

“Because it would make mistress Emma incredibly cross with me, Lady Du Bellay. And I would like to avoid that.” Helen put on her safety belt and started the car again. “I can say, however, that she spent a lot of time thinking about what to wear this evening. But that’s the only thing I will disclose.” 

Ria and I looked at each other with a big smile. “That’s the only thing we needed to know, Helen. Thank you.” I replied. 

“No problem.” She smiled and started to drive us off to Em’s house. 

I do have to say that that little information did make us look forward to the grand reveal. 

 

A bit of a drive later, we arrived in front of the mansion doors, Helen giving us our presents so we could carry them in ourselves. 

“What are you doing tonight, Helen?” I asked as she closed the trunk again. 

“Just spending the night alone at my house.” She replied with a smile. 

“Awh. Didn’t you get invited anywhere?” Ria asked. A somewhat insensitive question if you ask me, but Ria didn’t mean anything badly by it.

Luckily, Helen didn’t seem to mind either. “The Mistress of the house already asked. I do like spending the holidays by myself, so I respectfully declined. Just me, a couple of movies and a good pizza, that’s all I need.” 

The shroud over Helen’s private life lifted just a tiny bit, and honestly, that didn’t sound bad to me at all. 

“Well, I would say have fun and have a nice meal.” I smiled. “And a Merry Christmas, of course.” 

“Merry holidays, Helen!” 

“Thank you, the same goes for you two.” Helen smiled and walked over to the front door to open it for us. After which she escorted us through. 

As we walked inside, Em’s mom already walked over to greet us. She was wearing a warm looking white woolen sweater and black jeans. She looked pretty darn comfy. 

“Aurora, Corelia, welcome!” She gave both of us a warm welcome. 

“Thank you for having us.” I smiled brightly. 

Ria thanked her as well. 

“Miss, would you mind if I take my leave already?” Helen asked her employer. 

“Of course not, have a nice Christmas Eve, Helen.” Em’s mom smiled. “But before you leave…” Ilse walked over to the door and took something from the closet. It was a pretty sizeable gift-wrapped box, wrapped in green gift paper with little snowmen all over it. 

“Oh, you shouldn’t have.” Helen blushed a little as Em’s mom walked over to her with the gift. 

“Hush, just accept it. This is for always taking good care of us.” She put the gift in Helen’s arms. “I hope you like it.” 

“If anything, I already appreciate the thought.” Helen bowed slightly and looked back at the door. 

“Let me help you with that as well.” Ilse quickly helped Helen open the door and then, after wishing her a happy Christmas once again, closed the door behind her. 

“I’m sorry for letting my curiosity get ahead of me, but can I ask what you got her?” I asked. 

Em’s mom quickly peaked through the window to see if Helen already got into her car or if she was out of hearing distance already. “I had a friend of mine, who is a pretty well-known model maker, make a model of her favorite car driving through the snow.” She replied. “The diorama is on set on a nice decorative plank with a thank-you message engraved on a plaque.” 

“Wow.” That description immediately made an image come to mind. “I think she will really appreciate that.” 

“She deserves it. She’s a very good person.” Em’s mom smiled. She then looked at the presents we were holding. “Come, let’s put those down somewhere so you can get those jackets off.” 

“Alright.” I nodded. 

 

With our gifts temporarily put on a cabinet in the hallway, we quickly got rid of our winter jackets. 

“Oh my, that’s such a pretty dress.” Em’s mom was fawning all over Ria pretty much immediately. 

Of course, this made Ria blushy as hell. “T-thank you. Emma, Rora and I bought it together…” 

“I’m feeling a little bit underdressed now.” Ilse laughed and then looked over to me. “That’s a very nice outfit, too, Aurora.” 

“Thank you.” I smiled and gave her a nod. 

“Do the heels not hurt too much? You can always take them off.” 

“I’m fine for now.” 

“Good. Emma has told me that you are not a big fan of heels, so don’t hesitate to take them off, okay?” 

“Oh, she did?” 

Ilse chuckled. “I hope that wasn’t a big secret?” 

“Not at all.” I chuckled. “But really, I’m fine. For now. I just wanted to dress up in them as Em and Ria picked them for me too.” 

“You must be in luck that both of your girlfriends are fashionistas.” She giggled. 

“Definitely.” I looked at the staircase as I straightened my turtleneck. “Speaking of which, where is Em?” 

“Putting the last touches on her make-up.” Em’s mom turned herself towards the staircase. “Emma! Aurora and Corelia are here!”

“We are coming! Just a minute!” Em yelled back. 

“Karin is helping her a bit.” Ilse turned back to us and lowered her voice. “She was really insistent on looking perfect today.” 

“We’ve heard from Helen. I’m really curious.” I nodded. 

“Me too!” 

To which Ilse started to giggle. “If I am honest, I need to say I am as well.” 

 

“Where is Em’s dad?” Ria asked while we waited at the bottom of the stairs.

“He’s helping in the kitchen to prepare the dinner together with the chef.” 

“Oh wow. Is he a good cook?” 

“Very good.” Ilse smiled. “The chef told him that he really shouldn’t bother helping, but my husband wanted to do something for us and for you two as well, as he hasn’t been around a lot lately. When he said that, the chef couldn’t really deny him anymore.” 

“It’s a very nice gesture.” Ria agreed. “I can’t wait to taste it!”

Just when Ria had finished her sentence, Karin came walking down the stairs with a content look on her face. 

“Hey Karin, Merry Christmas.” I gave her a friendly wave. 

“Merry Christmas.” She quickly replied back and then walked over to her friend to give her some well-wishes and a good old hug. 

“Is Em coming too?” I asked. 

“I… I’m here.” Em’s voice made me turn my head back towards the top of the staircase. And there she was. Standing in a beautiful red dress, incredibly elegant with a bit of a flower pattern kind of embroidery above her chest. A black ribbon wrapped around her waist, which matched her tights she was wearing underneath. Red flats with a small black bow finishing off the entire picture. 

“Wow….” 

-You are saying this is not the only gift I’m getting this evening? Damn… I’m spoiled rotten, aren’t I?-  

In other news. I barely slept this weekend because of stomach flu. Not fun xd

72