Chapter 1
4.1k 19 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the center of a luxurious large hall, was a two meter tall platform with a golden dragon throne on top. Dragon screens are put behind it. Six Gold Corears, each with a golden dragon, surrounded the platform.

On the throne sat a young man with an imposing aura, a hazy blue light danced behind his back giving him a feeling of a celestial being. His hair that was white as snow, was neatly brushed and tied reaching his back, his face was extremely handsome, even with the small scar that traced down from above his left eye all the way to his cheek, it only served to make him look more ferocious. He was without a doubt anything but a normal mortal.

His eyes that were closed until now lightly shuddered, as they slowly opened. A cloudy look quickly passed over them before his obsidian colored eyes regained their clarity. 

"What the?" He groaned lightly holding his head in pain. It did not take long before he took a deep breath and started scanning his surroundings. 

"This? It looks like, no it is my throne room?" He muttered in uncertainty, his voice low but still filled with strength.

"But i'm sure I didn't log in the game, I was...I was...wait, wait what was I doing?" His expression changed greatly to one filled with anxiety as he desperately tried to remember what he was doing before.

"Impossible..." He slowly whispered, his voice lightly trembling, he couldn't remember. It wasn't that he just didn't remember when logged in the game, no he didn't remember anything.

His breathing turned rough as he slowly inhaled and exhaled trying to figure out what was going on, "Let's first calm down Omis, wait Omis? That's not my name!" He abruptly shouted and stood up from the throne chair.

He felt himself panicking more by the second Omis, that was the name of his game character but his name, his real name he couldn't remember!

Slowly moving his hand in front of his face, sure enough his once frail looking hand was gone, the mole that was on his middle finger was gone, the little scar on his left palm from when he fell on his bike when he was a child was gone, replacing it was a silky white hand that faced him, there didn't seem to be any signs of impurities on it. 

It was a hand he was also familiar with, he played with 'this' character for more then 9 years, yet when was the hand ever so detailed? He could feel everything, he lightly traced his fingers over to his left cheek and sure enough, a familiar feeling of a scar was there, alongside came an unfamiliar tinge of pain that made him frown even more.

A huge sigh escaped his lips, as he collapsed to the throne chair, closing his eyes once more. He was afraid, he didn't know what was going on, nor why did he not remember anything from before his transmigration, he could still vaguely remember some things about his formal life, but the strongest memories were those concerning the game.

His family, his friends and his job nothing but a distant memory. The more he focused on their faces the blurrier they got. He soon stopped trying to remember, afraid of loosing this final thread. 

Yet something seemed strange he once again opened his eyes, yes he was worried and afraid yet something seemed to be numbing those feelings, pushing them to the side. 

He could feel his panic rising once again at the realization, yet there was nothing that could be done, as soon as he felt himself panicking something seemed to forcefully calm him down. 

He just sat down there on his throne for what seemed to be hours, his mind filled with all sorts of conflicting thoughts, he didn't want to forget about himself, about his past but there didn't seem to be anything he could do. 

He tried to forcefully calm himself, which was easier than he excepted making him shudder once again at the thought of something or someone playing with his mind, before forcefully putting those thoughts aside.

Slowly standing up, he walked down the two meters platform each step seemed to be filled with more resolution then the past, by the time he reached the final step he took a deep breath, his gaze that was filled with panic moments ago was now full of determination.

Walking slowly towards the giant closed door was accompanied with a weird feeling, while it's true that he played with this 'character' for years now yet he never felt anything. 'The Immortal' was the first VRMMRPG to launch, while players could indeed immerse themselves in the game and take direct control over their characters, there was no sense of touch, no breeze no pain no nothing. 

As his hand came to rest over the giant door, he stopped at the unexpected feeling the of stone hard door under his palm, he slowly retracted his hand. Looking back towards the dragon throne in the middle of the hall he lightly muttered as if to convince himself "That's indeed my throne," once again his hand traced the small scar on his left cheek, flinching a little at the tinge of pain "And this certainly is my body, then could that mean my cultivation?!" 

He quickly closed his eyes, his face full of concentration and a hint of expectation, before he opened them once again his lips lifted upward, his one dimple crinkles with perfectly aligned white teeth. His smile was one of happiness growing, much as a spring flower opens. 

"So at least I kept my Cultivation!" He lightly shouted with excitement, Omis was not one of the top ten players in The Immortal, no most of those were whales that spend huge amounts of money to push forward in the game, but he was still a veteran he occasionally invested a bit of money when he could, and eventually made it to the top forty in the ascended rankings.

The game was simple, after creating your character the game would generate a random background for you and you would start your cultivation journey as an earthly cultivator, your goal is to ascend to heaven and become immortal, yet that was only the start as in heavens you could do much more, start your own heavenly sect, bless other earthly cultivators or even guide those you deem worthy to enter heaven with you. 

Most people complained at the background choices, as some were born orphans others were born with a silver spoon. It wasn't fair but that was what made the game quite unique, you were free to explore and do as you please, and the game did not hold your hand.

Omis was one of the first players to start with the launching of the game, he started as an orphan and cultivated all the way to the Ascended realm, where one of his friends that already ascended to heaven helped guide him in, making him the fourteenth player to ascend.

Once in Heaven, he spent most of his time exploring the realm before finally settling down on a heavenly mountain near his friends sect, there he decided to focus on his cultivation while also building his own sect.

Taking a deep breath, Omis looked behind him one last time, his worries seemed to ease up, a strange sense of excitement was bubbling inside of him, why wouldn't it?

Thinking about it from a different perspective, he may as well be in a different world! And the best part was that he kept his cultivation level of God realm. Grinning he pushed open the giant door before suddenly freezing in his place, the sight that greeted him was far too shocking that it made him open his jaw wide.

75