Chapter 21
2k 5 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you think you would be willing to support the story on Patreon for the chance of reading ahead?
  • Yes Votes: 17 11.1%
  • No Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Hell no Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Umm, maybe? Votes: 82 53.6%
Total voters: 153

Inside the Bai clan's main hall, a strange scene was taking place, the leaders of the mortal realm's three holy lands were kowtowing in the direction of the peak of the mountain. Behind them were their respective disciples and elders dropped on their hands and knees in kowtow as well.

Such a scene if seen from an outsider perspective would cause chaos as it was simply too unbelievable! These three men stood at the top of the mortal realm, they lead thousands of people under them and bow down to no one. 

Yet here they were, all on their hands and knees together. No of them found it to be strange, nor did anyone present dare to voice their dissatisfaction, after all, the one's they were paying their respect to was none other than esteemed celestials! 

It mattered not how famous or how much power you wielded in the mortal realm, in the end, one is nothing but a mere mortal. To become a celestial was to shed your mortal skin, the two were on completely different levels!

It was then that space above their heads suddenly contorted as the shining figure of Omis appeared basking the entire hall in a holy blue light, along with it came the pressure.

The hearts of everyone present came to a halt, none daring to utter a word as they waited for the esteemed celestial to speak.

"Raise your heads." He ordered with a voice full of authority and dignity, making everyone unconsciously raise their heads. 

As they looked at the glowing figure lightly floating above the ground, a strange sense of worship and respect filled their hearts. They could not look at Omis straight, as the hazy blue light surrounding him made it impossible to directly look at him.

"Take cover, a fight way above that of your caliber is about to take place and I cannot guarantee your safety." Coldly said Omis, as his eyes scanned the group of people in the hall. Without adding another word Omis teleported away.

As soon as he left the hall was strangely silent for a few seconds as everyone tried to process what had just happened, before breaking into chaos.

"Old Monster what are we to do?" anxiously asked the swords devil as he looked around the Void sect leader, his eyes occasionally darting towards the Bai clan's patriarch.

"Daoist Bai, we should put our differences behind for now. We don't have much of a choice." Replied the old monster.

The head of the Bai clan remained silence for a few seconds as he weighed his options, while it's true the feud between him and the other holy lands was something not easily forgotten the situation they have in hand was certainly something his clan couldn't deal with alone, none of them could. What kind of calamity was upon them that even the esteemed Celestial himself came and warned them.

His eyes hardened as he turned to look back towards the Void and Mount Sword sect leaders. 

"I understand." he solemnly replied.

---------------------------------------------------

In the perimeter of the Bai clan's mountain where the middle and smaller sects we're camping, a similar situation was happening. Addi was the one in charge of informing them of the upcoming battle leaving them confused and nervous.

A messenger was sent from the Bai clan towards these various smaller sects and clans inviting them to form a temporary alliance in the face of the upcoming calamity.

All of the sects we're delighted by the news. Soon an unprecedented scene was taking place, hundreds of small sects and clans we're marching towards the Bai clan.

Inside, various disciples and even elders we're busy cleaning the battlefield of what most thought as a pointless fight, countless dead bodies. The mood was low and the tension was still high between the holy lands yet no serious fights broke down because of the looming threat breathing down everyone's necks.

The higher ranked elders and the representatives of each of the smaller sects and clans we're gathered together installing various layers of defensive formations. The Bai clan's main formation was the last lane of defense above that was various smaller formations surrounding the entire mountain making glow a faint multicolored light.

---------------------------------------------------

"Tell about this Hive Addi."

"Whatever you do, don't you ever let the blood touch you!" Solemnly said Addi as he looked at Omis with an extremely serious expression.

"Blood?" puzzledly asked Omis, yet before he could get an answer the sky suddenly changed.

The night sky above the mountain suddenly brightened with an ominous bloody red color, it looked like a giant red palm split the sky in half as a sea of red was made visible.

"What the-" Omis's words stopped in his throat as hundreds of completely red figures descended from beyond the sky.

"Here they come!" Shouted Addi as his aura shot towards the sky. 

As the figures flew closer to their positions Omis was able to make out their appearances, they looked relatively humanoid, the strange parts we're their face and arms. In the middle of their faces was a single eye that stared back at them devoid of any type of emotion, the arms were abnormally long with what looked like sharp claws and they're entire bodies were completely red not the type of red the demons Omis was familiar with, no this was different.

"Brother! Stay focused and watch the arms!" Shouted Addi bringing back Omis to his senses. The aura he felt from them was not that strong, similar to that of Profound Immortal but their numbers were large.

Before he could say anything, Addi shot forward in a beam of light a bloodthirsty aura surrounding him as he laughed evilly.

"Come, show me how much you improved! I bet I can still takedown more than you! Haha" shouted Addi as he quickly arrived in front of the first attacker, his left hand shot out with lightning-fast speed and precision as he grabbed his neck, he then surrounded his right hand with a layer of Qi reinforcing it as it shot straight towards the creatures eye.

PUSHIII

A sickening sound was heard as Addi pierced the eye and then quickly retreated shaking his hand and dispersing the Qi as the blood fell down on the formation bellow and not allowing any drop touch him.

Looking at the scene of his long time friend in battle, Omis found himself getting excited as it had been a while since they last fought side by side, not wanting to be outdone he quickly turned to a beam of light as he shot towards his target.

"Oh will see about that old man! You'll lose and then you better bring out that wine I know you are hiding you stingy bastard haha!"

47