Chapter 23
1.5k 4 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Omis fell into a trance, ever since he had broken through the God Realm never once had he had the chance to unleash all of his cultivation base powers.

The feeling he had once he finally did, after pressing it down for so long was intoxicating! He forgot about the damage or the risk a God has on the mortal realm itself.

There were certain reasons why after their ascension most cultivators never came back down to the mortal realm, in the game they had a few restrictions set upon them to protect the foundation of the realm itself, which suppressed their cultivation prowess down.

Now, however, there was no such thing. There was no game system to guide them nor was there to protect the mortals. 

Feeling the surge of power flowing through every part of his body, Omis was addicted. He slowly lost forgot the reason why they were here, where they were, and who was there with him.

All he felt, all that occupied his mind was the feeling of absolute control, the feeling of absolute freedom. He felt invincible like nothing was able to match him, nothing was able to touch him, nothing was able to stop him...

It was then that a condensed stream of Qi suddenly penetrated his defenses pulling him out of his trance-like state.

"What the-" He unconsciously muttered as he looked around him.

Addi was floating a distance in front of him, various cuts and bruises littered all over his body, he seemed to be barely able to stay floating. Without thinking, Omis shot forward towards him as he helped him stabilize himself.

He then guided a stream of his own Qi to Addi's body to help accelerate his recovery. Soon the various cuts and bruises closed as Addi's condition recovered to its peak.

"I'm sorry Addi..." Unable to hold his head up in shame, Omis gave a deep apologetic bow to his friend.

SMAAACK

"Ouch! What the hell was that for?!" shouted Omis as he rubbed the back of his head.

Addi grinned as he replied, "Why the fuck are you apologizing for?"

"But I just-" 

Not letting him continue Addi swiftly smacked the back of his head once more.

SMAAAACK

"Damn it old man do you wanna fight?!"

"Heh, you sure have gotten stronger you brat!" said Addi while smiling.

Puffing his chest in pride Omis replied "Hmph, what do you think I'm just respecting you otherwise I would just wipe the ground with you." He said while grinning.

"Oh, getting cocky now? I think you are forgetting that technically I am way older than you little brat. I can beat your ass with my eyes closed, I just don't like bullying little children." Mocked Addi.

"Try me old fart!" 

"Oh you want to have a go? Don't forget I just brought your ass out of that stupid ass trance you were just in I could've just kicked you then and there." 

Suddenly remembering what had just happened Omis anxiously turned to look at the location where the Bai clan once resided.

"The mortals!" he shouted his heart feeling heavy and full of guilt.

SMAAAAACK

Another smack found it's way to his head, as he loudly groaned.

"Damn it Addi what?!"

"They are safe." 

"Huh-?" Unable to comprehend what Addi meant, Omis was not able to answer.

"The mortals dumbass, I took care of them, I teleported all of them away from here. I am not sure where exactly because I was in a hurry, you didn't tell me you were about to unleash enough power to shake the entire damned mortal realm!" 

"Thank you, brother..." quietly muttered Omis as his head hanged low.

"Don't mention It." Smiled back Addi.

"What about the hive?"

"Oh them?" Addi ushered with his head towards the crushed ground bellow.

"You crushed them to paste."  Sighed Addi with a shake of his head.

"Soo...Does that mean I won?"  Replied Omis, as he awkwardly scratched his cheek with a goofy smile.

"You cheeky bastard, you almost destroyed the mortal realm so no! Humph." 

"Oh come on! I didn't think they'd be this weak!"

"These were only the small fry brother, they are by no means weak. Think about it, you saw their numbers and all of them had a Profound Immortal cultivation base, they may be weak by our standards but not by other cultivators."

Omis's eyes hardened as he replied. "I guess I understand your point of view, but I still find it hard to believe they were able to destroy the heavens. Addi, how many profound Immortals how many Golden Immortals were there? Hell, there were even a few God ranked cultivators!"

Shaking his head, Addi said. "We were outnumbered brother, we had two thousand profound immortals? They had five thousand! We had one thousand Golden Immortals? They had three thousand! We had five God ranked cultivators? They had ten! It was a bloody massacre brother, the aftermath of the God cultivator's fight left most of the plan in ruins." Emotionally sighed Addi as he recalled the past.

Not finding the words to reply, Omis simply remained silent.

"Let's get down, I need a drink." Said Addi, his mood souring as he remembered the past.

"En." nodding Omis followed him to the ground bellow.

The two men, one old and one young sat down on their prayers mat in a ruined battlefield. The grass and vegetation surrounding the area were long gone leaving behind a desolated land full of rocks. 

The two silently sat there as Addi brought out a gorge full of wine, as he opened it the fragrance filled the area causing both of their faces to flush red.

*Clang*

"Cheers."

"Cheers."

With both of their hearts heavy, the two drank away in silence.

---------------------------------------------------

In a different location, far as from where the former mountain of the Bai clan once resided. A group of cultivators found themselves stranded in an unknown land. These were none other than the Bai clan's patriarch, The void sect master, The sword devil, and their respective disciples.

"Now what?" asked the sword devil.

"...." the void sect master remained silent as he recalled what had just occurred.

The Bai clan's patriarch on the other hand quietly kept muttering something under his breath.

"My mountain...My mountain...My mountain..."

44