Chapter 26
1.4k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's go, there is no point in sitting around over here." Said Addi, as his eyes wandered around the empty ruined battlefield. 

"Wait, I need to take care of something first." Objected Omis, turning his head towards the area where the mountain once stood. He circulated the Qi in his body, before wiling it outside, using his stream of Qi, Omis was able to connect with the elements of the mortal plane. 

Using that, with a flick of his wrist the fallen rocks and debris slowly gathered around in one place forming the vague shape of a mountain, as it grew larger and larger regaining its former majestic appearance, the only difference was that the current mountain was barren.

"Oh, let me help you with this so we can finish faster." After saying that, Addi willed his Qi as well to connect with the elements causing the barren mountain to sprout a sea of green grass and countless multicolored flowers that did not seem to belong to the mortal realm.

Omis continued working on the area surrounding the mountain, turning it back from it's desolated state to a flourishing green one.

Stepping back to admire their work, the two immortals quietly stood in the air as they looked down the newly erected mountain, and lush green plane surrounding it.

"What do you think?" Asked Addi as he turned to look at his companion. 

"I don't know, doesn't it seem like something is missing?" replied Omis as he looked around with a strange look on his face.

"Well obviously, it's empty! There are no buildings on it." shrugged Addi.

Slapping his forehead, Omis replied. "Ah! Of course! How did I forget about that." 

"Wait didn't we already do enough?" Asked Addi as he looked back at Omis puzzled. 

"What do you mean?"

Pointing at one side of the mountain, Addi spoke. "Just look at the flowers, those should be more than enough as compensation for their troubles." 

"I guess you do have a point. Well let me just add a little wooden cabin, I'm sure this is where their patriarch resided." Added Omis.

---------------

Soon a lone wooden cabin was placed at the peak of the mountain, surrounding the said cabin was a variety of multi-colored flowers, making the entire scene look as if it was taken straight out of a celestial painting. 

"I guess that should be more than enough for compensation?" Asked Addi, his eyes looking around the field of flowers, he gently descended towards the small wooden cabin and lightly tapped it with his figure. His expression changed the moment he did so as he turned to look back at Omis.

"What the hell are you thinking?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" Replied Omis feigning ignorance.

Sighing, Addi asked. "You do realize that you made this cabin a celestial treasure right?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Omis replied unconcerned. "It can barely count as one, besides it's only for the mountain defense and can not be used for offense so it should not be a problem." 

Shaking his head Addi continued. "What am O to do with you? Fine let's just go, the Bai clan members should be arriving soon." 

With a slight nod of agreement, Omis and Addi took off in the air, as they flew high above the mountain, Omis was able to catch a glimpse of the Bai clan marching back to their homes. 

With a sly grin, he and Addi turned to two beams of light that flew towards the distance.

---------------

The trip back home was a tiresome one to all the Bai clan, the disciples were in low spirits, the elders we're silent and tired, and the patriarch had a hollow look on his face as he quietly kept muttering to himself about his mountain. 

Bai Yu, the clan's first elder and the person to first meet the Immortal mentor was suffering from immense guilt. In the previous fight, luckily both of his disciples had survived yet a lot of other elders were not so fortunate.

"Is it my fault that I brought the mentor? Did I bring this upon us?" He quietly talked to himself, his mood growing somber by the minute.

As the group approached their destination, shocked gasps could be heard. Disciples pointed their fingers towards the sky where two figures were standing in the air.

"Is that the esteemed mentor?" 

"Yes, it looks like him!"

"That must be the second celestial!" 

Quiet whispers and hushed conversations started amongst those present, as they watched the two figures turn to beams of light that flew away in the distance.

Another wave of shocked gasps took over, as people investigated their surroundings. The ruined planes that they expected to see we're not there, in its stead lush green grass and tall trees stood firm! 

The most shocking part, however, was the mountain! Their home that everyone came back to, thinking that they would find it flattened and ruined was there! It stood there oozing a pure aura, an aura almost akin to that of the celestial world! 

The most excited person was none other than the patriarch. Seeing that his mountain was still there, his eyes turned bloodshot as he looked like a drowning man that finally found salvation.

Without any regards to his status whatsoever, the head of the Bai clan flew at top speed towards the peak where he noticed something particular. Right behind him was the surviving elders. 

"W-Wha—!?" Unable to form a proper phrase the patriarch looked around in shock as he jumped around carefully inspecting each flower that was planted next to the wooden cabin.

The more he looked at them, the more stunned he turned! These were treasures! This was unbelievable! Each one was worth a fortune!

"Hahahahahahahaha!!" The patriarch maniacal laughter echoed throughout the mountain causing various disciples and elders to shift in discomfort. 

Just as he was about to give his orders, Bai Yu's shocked gasp made him pause as the first elder stuttered while calling him. 

"P-Patriarch!" 

"Hmm? What is it?" He asked, the first elder was standing in front of the opened door of the seemingly ordinary wooden cabin. 

As he approached it, the patriarch's eyes fell on the inside of the cabinet, on the open door hanged a small letter that simply read.

'I apologize for the inconvenience, I hope you enjoy your rewards. Sincerely Omis, the Immortal Mentor.'

As he read the small note, the patriarch was once again unable to hold back his howling laughter as he screamed.

"AHAHAHA! You bastards! You thought you could take down my Bai clan?! You thought you weakened me!? Hahaha, oh how wrong you are Old monster! Sword Devil!" 

The patriarch's eyes seemed to shine, his previous bad mood long forgotten as he kept reading the small letter hanged on the door. His eyes hovering above one particular part, 'Omis'.

"So that's the name of the esteemed Mentor." he lightly spoke, his voice carrying a hint of worship as he looked towards the distance where Omis had disappeared.

"Bai Yu!" 

"Yes, patriarch!" 

"Pass down my order, our first priority is to erect a sculpture, no, a shrine! For our savior the venerated Immortal Mentor, Lord Omis!"

Giving a deep bow of acknowledgment, Bai Yu went about his orders with a newfound rigor, as he gave a silent prayer in his heart.

'Thank you, Lord Omis.'

39