Chapter 28
1.3k 6 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the road to the capital of the Song Kingdom, two seemingly ordinary travelers made their way on the road. They looked travel-weary as they approached the city wall, the old man looked to be barely able to hold on, the black-haired young man on the other hand was better off.

As the duo approached the city, a long line of mortals greeted them. Merchants on their horse carriages, mortals that traveled on foot, all waited patiently in the line to enter.

"This is going to take forever." sighed Omis.

"If there is anything I learned in my thousand years of existence, that'd be patience." Shrugged Addi in a reply. 

Letting out another defeated sigh, Omis followed his friend as they walked towards the back of the line. 

The line itself seemed to move very slowly, which quickly rendered Omis bored, looking around him his eyes fell on a cute little girl in front of him that was being held by her mother.

The little girl looked at him in awe, her eyes almost sparkling as her mouth hanged open. Seeing such a strange scene, Omis gave the little girl a bright smile that made her hurriedly look away.

Her mother was confused, turning to look behind her, she saw the smiling face of Omis. With a gentle nod and smile, she turned back to look in front of her.

"What's wrong Lee-Lee?" Asked the mother in curiosity. 

"M-Mommy, did you see that man?" Asked the little girl, her eyes still sparkling.

Quickly looking back to look at Omis who seemed to be distracted, observing his surroundings, the mother replied. 

"Yes, the black-haired brother? What about him?"

"Black-haired?" Asked the little girl in confusion.

"Yes, what's wrong?" 

"N-Nothing!" Hurriedly replied Lee Lee, her eyes once again drifting to look back towards Omis, what greeted her, however, was no black-haired youth, but a white-haired one, with a face that looked too perfect. 

"So pretty..." She murmured to herself, as she looked at him.

Feeling the gaze of someone, the girl turned her head towards the old man next to the youth. 

'GASP' With a shocked gasp, she hurriedly turned around and hugged her mother, burying her face in her mom in a hug.

'W-why does that grandpa's eyes look like that?!' She thought to herself, recalling the grandpa's scary looking white eyes, her heart started to race in her chest.

————————

"Omis..." Called out Addi.

"Hmm? What is it?" Replied Omis, in curiosity.

"That little girl, she is not normal." Motioned Addi with his head. 

Omis's expression turned strange as he looked back towards Addi, "Addi, I never thought you go for little girls..." He said with a disturbed expression.

"*COUGH* *COUGH* You little bastard!" Addi choked, as he shouted slapping Omis in the back of his head.

The surrounding people did not think too much of the scene, some just lightly chuckled as it looked like a normal grandpa berating his grandson. 

To Lee-Lee however, the scene was anything but normal. The scary old man was hitting the poor pretty looking youth with a scary look on his face.

"P-please don't hurt him!" She stuttered as she gathered the courage to step out of her mother's embrace and speak out. 

Addi was momentarily shocked, his hand stopped hitting Omis who grinned widely and patted the little girl's head. 

"What's your name little one?" He asked with a smile.

With a little blush on her face, she replied. "My name is Lee-Lee!" 

Her mother, on the other hand, turned towards Addi and bowed in apology and spoke. 

"I'm sorry senior, this child has always been like this." 

"*Cough* It doesn't matter, she is a well-mannered child, unlike my stupid grandson." sighed Addi, with a fake expression of disappointment.

As the Addi and the mother were busy talking, Omis quietly whispered to the little girl. 

"Lee-Lee, you can see the real me, can't you?" He asked with a strange glint in his eyes. 

Shocked, Lee-Lee unconsciously answered back.

"Real you?" 

"Yes, what color is my hair?" Asked Omis with a smile.

"W-White?" Answered Lee Lee confused. 

"Haha—Yes that's right, white." Patting her head once more, Omis brought his finger to his lips and spoke.

"Shush, that's a secret though. Can you keep a secret Lee Lee?" He added with a smile.

Nodding vigorously, the little girl replied with enthusiasm. "Yes!" 

"Good, Good. Now you see the scary grandpa over there?" He asked, pointing towards Addi who was still talking to her mom.

"Yes, will the bad scary grandpa hurt my mom?" She asked, her eyes watering as tears threatened to fall down. 

Hurriedly stopping her, Omis continued. "No! No, no, no, you see the scary grandpa is actually a very good person!" 

"A good grandpa?" Asked Lee-Lee puzzled.

"Yes, he may look scary but he is very gentle." Added Omis. 

Nodding her head, Lee-Lee shyly looked back towards Addi who was smiling and gently talking with her mother.

"Lee-Lee! Let's go!" her mom suddenly called her over as the line slowly started to move, turning to look back towards Omis, Lee-Lee was reluctant to leave, but with a gentle smile from Omis, she smiled back and ran towards her mother.

Addi walked back next to Omis and asked, "What do you think?" 

"She reminds me of Lu Lu..." Replied Omis, a nostalgic look taking over his face.

"*sigh*, she has the same eyes as her." replied Addi with a long sigh. 

'Lu Lu, are you still alive? Did you survive whatever attacked the mountain? Did you manage to run away?' Omis asked himself, as he thought of his direct disciple, his eyes looking towards the blue sky as his mind drifted away. 

Looking at the scene, Addi shook his head with a sigh, he knew how much importance Omis's disciples held to him. He wasn't called the Immortal Mentor for nothing. 

Omis was the type of player that enjoyed taking disciples and guiding them towards heaven, be they NPC's or other players, his direct and indirect disciples were too many to count. Lu Lu, however, held a special place in his heart, she was his first direct disciple, she had been with him since the very beginning...

42