Chapter 30
1.2k 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the streets of the capital of the Song Kingdom, two figures, one old and one young aimlessly strolled around. They would occasionally stop by some of the food street stalls where the black-haired young man would buy a few snacks from.

"Didn't you have enough of those? What are you a child?" Asked Addi, as his eyes looked towards the meat skewers in Omis's hand.

"Shut up, what's the worst that can happen? Get fat?" replied Omis chuckling as he stuffed the meat in his mouth. 

Letting out a sigh, Addi spoke deciding to just change the subject. "We have been walking around for a while now and still have not found any good location to rent." 

"Relax, you should enjoy yourself Addi when was the last time you went on holiday?" Asked Omis as he passed one of his meat skewers to his friend with a smile. 

Hesitantly, Addi accepted the offer as he observed the meat a bit longer. 

"Oh just eat it damn it, it's good!" Whined Omis as he rolled his eyes and continued to eat. 

Reluctantly, Addi pulled the meat closer to his mouth and then took a small bite with Omis carefully observing him with a bright gaze.

"Soo?" He asked.

"I-It's good!" Replied Addi, his eyes brightening up, as his brows relaxed, a small satisfied smile hang on his face. Looking at that, Omis grinned as they continued to tour around the city.

Not long after, the duo found themselves walking closer towards the inner area of the city, in the direction of the royal palace. The closer they got to it, the better the streets and stores became, the people were generally better dressed and seemed to exude an aura of riches.

"Hmm, so i'm guessing this is where all the wealthy merchants and nobles love." Remarked Omis, Addi just quietly nodded next to him with his hands behind his back. 

The duo observed their surroundings in curiosity, as they walked down the street. The Empress's palace was visible from their position as it towered over all the other buildings in the distance.

As they calmly walked down the street, Omis was able to see that the people seemed to be happy. They walked with a sense of purpose, the populace looked healthy and ever since they entered the city they had yet to find a slum. 

"I'd say the Empress is doing quite the good job in managing the city." Remarked Addi. 

"Indeed, quite impressive. The quality of life still seems to differ between the inner and outer area o the capital, but it's not necessarily bad." Replied Omis as he scratched his chin in thought.

"Well, what do you think? Where do you want to settle? I'm sure we can manage to find a shop here in this district if we want and it looks like the best place for Busine—"

Before Addi could finish, Omis interrupted him with his eyes practically glowing. "No!" 

"Eh?" Confused Addi stopped. 

"No here! We are going back to the last district!" Replied Omis, his eyes still glowing as he grinned.

Still unable to understand, Addi asked. "What do you mean? I thought you said you wanted to open a shop? Isn't here the best place for that?" 

"Oh come on Addi! That's just boring! Think about it, we have two Celestials! And not just any Celestials, probably the strongest living ones in the world, we gotta act like aloof hidden experts!" Excitedly said Omis. 

Addi on the other hand just looked back at him with a blank expression as if he was looking at an idiot. 

"Hidden experts..." He said with a deadpan expression. 

"Of course! And where is the best place for an expert to hide?" 

"...." 

"That's right! Amongst the normal populace! Not here!" 

"...."

———————————————————————

Soon the duo found themselves back in the previous district, looking for an appropriate shop to rent or buy. 

Addi had suggested a number of shops he thought were good but all of his suggestions were shot down by Omis, all for not fulfilling the criteria of a hidden expert's hideout. 

"I'm telling you, it's not gonna work there it's too...obvious!" Rebuked Omis as he scanned the street for a better place.

"But it was literally situated on the street! Where else would you want to open a shop? In the alleys?" Sarcastically replied Addi.

Hearing that Omis suddenly came to a full stop and turned to Addi with a glowing expression on his face as he grabbed him by the shoulders. 

"That's it! Addi you are a genius!" 

"W-what?" Seeing Omis's weird look made Addi falter and take a step back.

"The alleys! That's where we should search!" He replied excitedly.

"Are you crazy?" Flatly asked Addi.  

"Of course not, let's go." With that, Omis proceeded to drag Addi away from the main street and into the side alleys in search for a perfect place.

Surprisingly, It did not take long before the duo found themselves standing at the end of one particular narrow alley that wasn't too far away from the main street. 

At the end of the said alley was a small lonely wooden shop with an opened slide door, the inside seemed to be that of a restaurant.

Intrigued, Omis made his way towards the entrance where an old lady sat down on a chair with a fan in her hand, looking at the duo making their way towards her shop, the old lady let out a long sigh as she slowly stood up and walked towards the inside of the shop. 

"This is it Addi! It's here, this place is perfect!" Whispered Omis.

Looking at the small restaurant and the shady alley they were in made Addi Let out a sigh before he replied. "Well, I guess it's better for us as it will help us stay low." 

Pushing Addi by the shoulders, Omis spoke."Yes! So it's your job to convince her to sell it to us!" Grinned Omis, his mind already full of thoughts of him acting as an unfathomable expert making his eyes shine with excitement, Addi on the other hand just seemed to be tired.

36