Chapter 31
1.2k 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the duo made their way inside the small shop, Omis found himself fascinated with how neat and tidy everything was, it may have looked like a shabby old store from outside but the inside was surprisingly well kept.

There were four wooden tables inside, all neatly arranged, a single door that Omis presumed led to the kitchen and a small counter next to the entrance for the owner to sit. 

As Omis was busy familiarizing himself with the place, Addi was stuck with negotiating with the old lady. There was something strange about her that made Addi feel was not right.

Her body movement was anything but that of an old lady, she walked with a sense of vigor and youth not found amongst older people. It was easy for Addi who was already an esteemed Immortal Venerable to see through her disguise even without the use of his Qi, she seemed to be intentionally hiding her late-stage foundation cultivation base and face for some reason.

Although he was curious it was none of his business so he refrained from asking anything unnecessary, to him it did not change anything as she was still nothing but a mortal in his eyes, a stronger one sure, but still one that he could obliterate with nothing but his aura.

Giving out a warm pleasant smile as he looked around, Addi asked. "A very cozy place you have here." 

The 'old' lady seemed to twitch for a second before regaining her composer, she replied with a bored uninterested voice. "Are you going to order anything or not? If you're not, then I suggest you leave."

Seeing her disrespectful attitude made Addi's brows twitch as he asked. "Oh? Well, fair lady," he said empathizing on that part causing her to shiver once more before he continued speaking pointing at Omis who still seemed to be observing the shop in curiosity.   "My grandson and I, have just moved to the capital and were looking to open a small shop in here—" 

"Not interested!" before he could finish what he wanted to say, the old lady flatly replied with a cold tone causing his warm smile to twitch even more. 

"Now, please reconsider money is not a problem no matter how much you ask for—" 

Not allowing him to continue, she interrupted him once again, "I said I'm not interested! Get out!" 

Taking a deep breath to calm himself down, Addi was about to speak when Omis who had just noticed the disturbance walked over to them. 

Calling out in a fake tone he asked. "Grandpa! What's wrong? I thought you had this under control?" smirked Omis, causing Addi's lips to twitch even harder, the old lady, on the other hand, seemed to grow more and more impatient as she ordered. 

"I said get out if you are not going to order anything!" 

Noticing her for the first time, Omis turned his gaze away from Addi towards the 'old' woman his eyes lighting up the moment he looked at her as he unconsciously blurted. 

"Oh! Another hidden expert!"

"What—?" Shocked, the woman moved back a few steps before two twin daggers appeared in both her hands as she glared at the duo, her voice turned frosty as she asked. 

"Who are you?" 

Letting out a sigh, Addi grabbed his head as he turned to Omis, "Why would you say that?" 

Feigning ignorance, Omis replied with a smile. 

"I don't know what you are talking about." 

The lady feeling herself getting ignored grew more agitated as her late-stage foundation aura was fully unleashed causing the entire shop to start shaking on the verge of breaking down. 

"Oops, can't have you breaking down the shop now can we?" Spoke Omis as he turned to look at her unfazed. Her mind was in chaos as she looked at the two people in front of her, they did not even seem to be concerned when she unleashed her full aura, how was that possible? 

'Could they come from the sects?!' 

'But why would they be all the way here? None of the sect experts in this area would dare come here unless they aren't?!' 

Breaking her out of her thoughts was Addi, who suddenly spoke, his entire harmless old mortal facade crumbling as he coldly said. 

"You better drop down those weapons little one, the last time someone pulled their sword on me, they ended up dead." He said as a suffocating silence took over, the lady's hands shook uncontrollably as she looked at Addi who still did not emit any type of aura yet deep down she knew that if she would make any type of move she'd be crushed instantly! 

Breaking up the tense awkward situation was Omis, who spoke with a smile, as he grabbed Addi by the shoulders. "Addi, calm down you are scaring our young lady and making us look like thugs!" 

Hearing Omis speak caused Addi to take a deep sigh as he shook his head, the tense mood instantly dissolving as he turned back and sat down on one of the empty tables.

Seeing the seemingly normal handsome young man casually breaking up such a tense situation made the lady even more on guard as she nervously watched him.

'What do they want from me? Do they know who I am? Is that what they came for?' Her mind was in chaos as she thought of multiple scenarios.

"Seeing how you are a late-stage foundation cultivator would explain why you are not interested in mortal money." Said Omis, once again breaking her out of her train of thought. 

"How about this, i'll exchange this flower with you over this shop, what do you say? Not a bad deal is it?" Added Omis as he brought out a seemingly ordinary blue flower. 

When the 'old' lady's eyes fell on the flower, however, her eyes turned wide and jaw hung loose. Addi sitting behind them watched the entire scene unfold and shook his head with a sigh.

38