Chapter 33
1.1k 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as she left the little shop, Wan Da's young beautiful figure morphed as she used Qi to alter her appearance once more to that of an old lady. 

Passing by a dimly lit street, two shadowy figures emerged from each corner, their appearance unclear as they both wore dark clothes that covered all of their bodies. 

Seeing them, Wan Da halted her steps. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked in an icy cold voice, her eyes carefully observed them with a frosty gaze.

Hearing her cold tone and feeling her piercing gaze, made shivers run down the two figures' spine, as they quickly dropped to their knees and replied. 

"We apologize my que— *cough* Mistress, we were only concerned about your safety."  said one of the figures with a clear feminine voice.

"We saw two suspicious-looking mortals come to the store and not long after an ominous feeling followed, we were unable to look inside the store as if there was some sort of barrier preventing us from doing so!" Added the second figure, his voice that of a man. 

"We are glad that you are safe mistress." giving another deep bow, the first shadowy figure continued.

Coldly harrumphing, Wan Da responded. "Do you mean to tell me you think I am unable to protect myself?" 

"We wouldn't dare mistress!" simultaneously replied the two figures as their heads dropped even lower.

"We know how strong mistress is, but you are still the most important person of this kingdom, please take your status into consideration!" Reprimanded the female shadowy figure, gaining her another cold harrumph from Wan Day.

"It was uncle who made you do this, wasn't it?" She asked coldly asked. 

Hurriedly replying the female shadow said. "My queen, your uncle only wants what's best for you, and that is to make sure you are safe!" 

"What did I tell you about calling me that when I'm outside!" Hissed Wan Day, her wild aura rushing out of her body as it made the two shadowy figures drop even lower to the ground in fear.

"Please forgive me, mistress! I was wrong!" Hurriedly replied the female shadow, her back drenched in cold sweat.

"Hmph, make sure it never happens again." saying that, Wan Da resumed walking away at a steady pace. 

The two shadowy figures looked at each other for a second before they hurried after her, the male shadow hesitantly asked. 

"M-Mistress, what about your shop?" He said as he carefully observed her. 

Hearing his question, Wan Da's steps halted as she turned to look at both of her companions and spoke with a voice so serious that it made both of them nervous.

"Never, and I mean never go to that shop again. Do you understand?" 

"Uh? But isn't that you shop mistress?" He asked puzzled, his mistress's tone made him confused.

"Not anymore! From now on that shop is off limit! Anyone that dares disobey my order will be executed without any mercy! It doesn't matter who that person is, am I making myself clear?" She said.

"But-" not letting them speak, Wan Da asked again.

"I said, am I making myself clear?" Her tone of voice causing both shadows to loudly gulp. 

"Your words are our commands, Mistress!" 

"We hear and obey!" 

Loudly replied both shadows as they cupped their fists and gave a respectful bow.

"Good, now let's go, I need to meet with uncle." Replied Wan Day, as she let out a tired sigh yet as soon as she remembered the treasure her storage bag held her eyes suddenly lit up causing her to be unable to control the smile that found it's way on her face.

Seeing such a strange scene caused the shadow guards to be confused as they looked at each other before turning to look back at the direction of that little wooden shop, their hearts heavy as they wondered, what could have happened to the mistress for her to give up her precious shop?

As their group disappeared off towards their destination, the light seemed to flicker in one small corner as the figure of Addi walked out. 

"Hmmm, well that's interesting. Could all this really be the workings of fate?" he asked himself as he looked at the destination where Wan Da went off to, the empress's palace.

Grabbing his head in both hands he whined. "Ah, shit I can't have that idiot find you about this, or else he will just start spewing his non-sense about playing the expert part."

Shaking his head and letting out a long tired sigh, Addi turned to glance back at the empress palace one last time before silently walking away.

---------------------------------------------------

Setting foot inside the small cozy shop, Addi glanced around failing to spot Omis.

"Where have you been?" Asked Omis, his voice coming from the kitchen as he peeked out of the door.

Waving his hand in dismissal, Addi replied. "Nowhere, just went out to stretch my legs." 

"Hmmm, is that so?" Said Omis, as he turned back inside the kitchen. 

"What the hell are you even doing in there?" Shouted Addi. 

"Glad you finally asked!" Came Omis's excited voice. Soon after, he walked out holding in his hand a plate, the aroma of food following after him as it engulfed the entire shop. 

Smelling it, Addi was shocked as he looked at the plate Omis laid down in front of him. "This actually smells...good! Wait are you trying to poison me?" He asked with feigned suspicion. 

"Ah, just shut up and try it. It may not be much but I at least know how to make some meat noodles." Grinned Omis. 

"Where did you even get the ingredients?" 

"Ah, that. Well, the previous owner had some in the back." smiled Omis.

"Come on, hurry, and try it out." He asked as he watched Addi with shiny eyes.

Shaking his head once more, Addi brought a spoonful of noodles into his mouth. It was then that his eyes widened, it was actually good. Unable to control himself, Addi's eyes moistened as tears fell on the back of hand, yet he did not stop eating.

Omis just remained quiet as he watched Addi eat with a small smile, he then turned around and walked back to the kitchen.

As Addi finished his plate, he found himself unable to contain the tears that flowed down freely.

'Ah, when was the last time I felt something like this. Warmth...So this is what I have been missing all these years, a family...' For the first in a very long time, Addi was no longer alone.

36