Chapter 38
1.1k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Special thank you to my Patrons Edward Garcia, Adigio, Legion, Adam D.F, Belduim, Bob Semxy, Fish, Jake Hewitt, Graeme Kent, Duncan Bauer, Jon Transfiguration, Corgi McStumperson. Up to 50 chapters ahead on Patreon! 

Once inside, the boss and his group of hooligans were faced with an eerie quiet shop, as a strange-looking light was seeping out of the kitchen's door. 

"Heeeelloo?" Called out the second in command as he looked around the neatly arranged inside. 

"Boss, there seems to be some type of light coming out of that door." Pointed out one of the subordinates. 

'Hmmm, could they have truly not heard us come in?' The boss's mind was spinning as countless thoughts and situations run inside. 

As the final person made his way inside the small shop, the entire interior felt rather cramped. Speaking up, the monkey-faced man turned towards the boss as he asked. 

"Should we bust that door open as well boss?" He grinned. 

The boss, however, was not feeling right. His senses were telling him that something was wrong, something was very wrong. Yet against his better judgment, he gave the order. 

"Be extremely careful, lads bring out your weapons we do not know what's behind that door, I don't want any unnecessary casualties. Should the situation go south retreat immediately!" 

Hearing the boss speak in such a serious tone made most of those present gulp down as they sheathed their weapons nervously. Looking towards the monkey-faced man, the boss gave a slight nod.  

Nodding back in understanding, the man slowly moved towards the door as he nervously reached towards the handle, his hands shaking.

*Cliiick* 

The sound of the door handle turning creaked making everyone clutch their weapons even tighter. 

*Creaaaak*

The sound of the door slowly creaking open echoed in all of their minds as they nervously gulped down. The boss was the most anxious one of the bunch as he stared intensely at the door. 

"Eh?" dumbly muttered the boss. 

"W-What the hell is that?" Asked the monkey-faced man as he stared at the scene in front of him in confusion. 

Right there, in front of them, was the collapsed figure of an extremely perfect looking young man with white as snow hair. Holding him in his arms an old man with long hair that fell on his face hiding his features, in the old man's hand was a sword that was pointed at the unconscious young man's throat. 

The group was dumbfounded as they looked at the strange spectacle, surrounding the old man was a shiny white shield made of pure Qi as his clothes fluttered without any wind.

"W-What's going on?" Muttered one of the hooligans. 

The old man seemed too absorbed in his own world that he did not notice the new visitors. And so an awkward silence descended on the room once more, with the gangsters watching the back of the old man.

While the hooligans were mostly curious, the boss on the other hand was terrified as he looked at the mysterious phenomenon in front of him, all his senses were screaming at him to run! To get away from this place as soon as possible!

Whoever that old man was, and whatever he was doing was NOT something he would want to stay and witness! His gut has saved him countless times and he sure would not ignore it now!

Unable to speak, his legs slowly moved back towards the entrance, carefully. His breath was stuck in his chest as he dared not breathe too loudly. 

"Wasn't this place supposed to be owned by a grandpa and his grandchild?" asked the Monkey-faced man in curiosity as he approached the old man.

Seeing that, the boss wanted to scream at him not to, to leave them alone and run, but his voice was unable to come out, his legs shook uncontrollably as he was on the verge of collapsing, he had never felt this afraid before in his life. 

"Haha—Isn't this bastard trying to murder his own grandchild?" Laughed one of those present. 

"Hehe! He truly is cold-blooded, trying to kill his own family!" Added another one in disdain. 

'No! Stop! Don't say anything!' The boss's mind was full of such thoughts as his legs continued to shake while trying to move back. 

"Should we help him finish the job eh? Haha!" The sound of laughter erupted in the small kitchen. 

Keeping his eyes locked on the back of the old man, the boss suddenly started shivering when he saw his back twitch, his legs gave way as he collapsed on his behind with a bang. 

The sound drew the attention of all the hooligans as they turned to look at their boss who had collapsed on the floor with a terrified face full of terror, his crotch area turning wet as he pointed with his shaking finger towards the old man.  

Seeing their boss behaving in such a matter caused the entire room to turn deadly silent as no one dared to breathe out loud nor look back. 

"W-What?" One brave person of those present, turned around to look back at the old man before he suddenly let out an inhuman wail. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"  

*Bang* 

The scream was cut short as his body collapsed into the floor with a bang, his eye sockets were empty and his body was as white as a paper, a terrified expression forever plastered on his face. 

A deadly silence quickly descended over the room, as no one dared to move no look back. The Boss seemed to turn crazy as his eyes turned hollow with him staring at the ceiling as he laughed.

"Ahaha! AHAHA! Hahaha!" 

A few people unable to take the tension turned to sneak a peek behind them before falling down to the ground with a bang, all of their eye sockets empty with an eternally terrified expression etched on their faces.

Seeing what happened to those that turned back, the one's that survived wanted to run out of this room, to run out of this hell! Yet their legs did not seem to move, they were stuck in their place unable to take one step further!

They were rooted in their place, as they silently waited for salvation, the salvation that may never come.

32