Chapter 41
1k 9 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Special thank you to my Patrons Edward Garcia, Adigio, Legion, Adam D.F, Belduim, Bob Semxy, Fish, Jake Hewitt, Graeme Kent, Duncan Bauer, Jon Transfiguration, Corgi McStumperson, Georgina Singh, Nubtastic. Up to 50 chapters ahead, illustrations and side stories on Patreon! 

"S-Senior, it is me. Wan Da."

Her back was facing Addi and she dared not turn around for fear of what may happen. She did not know what happened to the thugs sprawled dead on the floor, but she still had a general Idea.

Thinking about that, Wan Da was not ready to test her luck so she remained rooted in her place. No answer came from the senior as she could hear him still muttering something.

"S-Senior, I mean no harm! I only came to check on both of you." Gulping down, she continued. 

"I apologize instead of these scums, for whatever they have done. You could rest assured the city had absolutely nothing to do with it!" She blurted, yet it seemed as if she was merely talking to herself.

Seeing the Senior not paying her any head, Wan Da was about to turn around to check if his gaze was still on her back before Addi's profound voice rumbled in her ears.  

"Leave!" 

He only said one word, but that was enough to cause the empress to almost collapse to the floor as she hurriedly replied. 

"Yes! Yes, Senior!"

Forcing her legs to move, Wan Da quickly ran off towards the open kitchen door, on her way out however she did not forget to spit on the boss's crazed face in disgust. It was because of these bastards that all of this took place. 

"Disgusting pig! If the senior doesn't take care of you then I will!" She said as she passed him with a face full of disgust and rage. 

Once outside, Wan Da walked towards the end of the alleyway her features morning back to that of an old lady as she brought out her favorite wooden chair and placed it down. 

"This should be far enough...I can't let anyone get closer to senior's shop, not after what those dumb assholes did!" she clicked her tongue as she muttered under her breath. 

'I guess I can only wait here and hope for the senior to calm down...Now that I think about it what happened to the young black-haired senior, and who was that young man in senior's arms?" Recalling his perfect face, Wan Da could feel herself heating up as a deep blush made it's way to it. 

Shaking her head out of such thoughts, she soon questioned herself. 

"What exactly happened in there?' She said as she turned back to face the little store in the distance. 

---------------------------------------------------

"This can't happen! No! I refuse! I refuse!" 

Addi's figure could still be seen rocking back and forth with Omis in his arms. The sword in his hands was now lowered as it rested on the floor next to him. 

"I will not do it! I do not care what happens, damned be this world for all I care!" 

Looking at Omis's unconscious face, Addi softly spoke. 

"Don't worry little brother, I'm here. And I'll stay here until you regain yourself, or I shall go down with you!" His eyes carried a crazed look on them full of madness as he talked to Omis.

"As for you..." Saying that he turned his sharp gaze towards the boss who was collapsed in the corner of the room. 

"For trespassing on our home, Die!" He said in an extremely frosty voice, his hollow white eyes seemed completely devoid of any sort of emotion as he looked at the boss like one would look at a bug in the street. 

"AHHH! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! AGHHHHHHH!" Feeling Addi's gaze on him, the boss's eyes unconsciously fell down to look at Addi's void like stare before he started screaming. 

*BANG* 

His screams were cut short as his entire body exploded with a bang sending his blood and splashing to the walls and ceiling effectively dyeing the entire room with a crimson red color.

The only unaffected area was the one where Addi sat down with Omis, the blood seemed to evaporate before it even reached them leaving a small circle with them in the middle unaffected by the blood, creating a deep contrast.

Addi did not even spare the man or whatever had remained of him a second glance, as he turned his attention back to Omis, his body resuming it's rocking back and forth. 

He wanted to help his brother, he wished he could wake him up, alas there was only one thing he could do. Willing his Qi, Addi slowly moved it outside of his body as it gently traveled through his hands towards the unconscious Omis. 

"This is my gamble little brother, the rest is up to you...don't lose." He softly spoke. 

---------------------------------------------------

"Why am I here..." He asked himself. His surroundings were dark once more, he was unable to make out anything in the complete raven space. 

He was barely able to stay conscious, the sweet embrace of the dark lulling him to let go, whispering to him to stop resisting it and just embrace it. 

For a moment, he did not know what was stopping him from doing so. He tried to think, to recall something anything, yet all he was unable to accomplish anything. 

"Maybe...maybe it isn't so bad to let go after all..." he murmured to no one in particular. 

The darkness seemed to rejoice as it curled even closer, surrounding him slowly as his vision started to blacken.

'Yeeeessss, sleeeeeep, embraaaace it!' It seemed to rejoice as it hissed at him.

It was then that a sharp pain jolted him out of his haze, it felt as if some sort of fire burning inside of him. 

"ARGHH!" He screamed, yet no sound escaped his mouth. 

The darkness that was moments ago close to engulfing him completely started to break, as it shattered like a mirror into thousands of pieces.

*ROOOOOAAAAR* 

The enraged roar of 'something' thundered in Omis's ears as he jerked awake, his body gasping for breath. 

"Huff...Huff...Huff" 

As he slowly regained his bearings, the first thing he noticed was Addi's teary-eyed face as he smiled while looking at him. 

"A-Addi your eyes..." Omis slowly said as he looked in complete shock. 

"I'm glad you woke up, little brother." gently smiled Addi, his right eye still as white and hollow as before yet his left one was completely black as if it was a dark hole threatening to swallow everything inside.

25