Chapter 44
977 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Special thank you to my Patrons Edward Garcia, Adigio, Legion, Adam D.F, Belduim, Bob Semxy, Fish, Jake Hewitt, Graeme Kent, Duncan Bauer, Jon Transfiguration, Corgi McStumperson, Georgina Singh,Nubtastic, Deltaalpha. Up to 50+ chapters ahead,illustrations and side stories on Patreon!  


The sounds of someone cooking from the kitchen were heard in the shop. Omis and Addi sat down on a table both of their teacups long have been emptied. 

The mood was clearly somber as they recalled the earlier conversation they had with Meng. It was Omis who broke the silence first.

"What do you think?"

Turning his head to look at him, Addi sighed. 

"If you are asking me if the little one's ancestor is Lu-Lu then I do no know."

Nodding his head, Omis replied. 

"Lu-Lu's Monarch eye was indeed very special, while the possibility of it being passed down in her bloodline is not high it certainly is also not impossible." He said. 

"Yes, then there are the so-called monsters that came looking for Meng's husband." Added Addi while stroking his beard deep in thought.

"It sounded as if she was describing the hive's minions didn't it?" Asked Omis. 

"Yes, but why are after they want the little one?" 

Another wave of silence descended on the duo, as the only sound that was heard was that of Meng happily humming from the kitchen.

*Knock, Knock*

Turning his head towards the entrance, Addi spoke. 

"Come in little one!" 

To that, the closed entrance door opened as the small lively figure of Lee-Lee trotted inside happily, followed by a tired-looking old man. 

"Careful now, little Lee. You don't want to fall." He said in a tender voice. 

Hearing the commotion, Meng came out from the kitchen as she wiped her hands with a napkin. Seeing her mother come out, Lee-Lee jumped towards her embrace, to which Meng hugged her back, as she looked at the old man and spoke. 

"Oh, grandpa Wang! Thank you for bringing her!" Ruffling Lee-Lee's hair she continued.

"I hope she did no cause you any trouble."

"Haha, not at all. Well, then I shall be on my way." Giving Meng a slight smile, the old man turned around as his eyes fell on Addi he gave a small bow to which Addi replied with a nod before he continued out. 

Moving out of her mother's embrace, Lee-Lee hopped in towards the table where Omis and Addi were situated. 

"Grandpa Addi! Big Brother Omis!" saying that the little girl made a failed attempt at a courtesy bow earning her a chuckle from the duo as Addi ruffled her hair. 

"Come sit down, your mother is a little busy right now." Said Omis as he tapped on the chair next to him. Smiling the little girl obliged.

Just as Omis was about to talk to her, his expression suddenly changed as he turned to look at Addi only to find him wearing a dark expression. 

*WOOSH* 

Addi's figure blurred as he teleported to the kitchen grabbed Meng before teleporting away, Omis, on the other hand, grabbed Lee-Lee as his figure disappeared. 

The group reappeared high in the sky above the capital. 

*Clap, Clap, Clap.* 

The steady sound of someone clapping made them turn their head towards the distance, a red-haired man with an equally red beard and eyes seemed to be walking towards them in the air as if he was standing on the ground. 

Meng and Lee-Lee still held a completely shocked expression on their faces. The little girl was on the verge of crying while Meng anxiously stared at her surroundings. 

"I'm impressed. Your senses are as sharp as ever Addi." Said the red-haired man causing Addi to frown. Using his spiritual energy he sent Meng towards Omis as he spoke. 

"Bring them down, would you?"

Nodding, Omis's figure blurred as he disappeared from his place along with Meng and Lee-Lee. When he reappeared, it was inside the Empress's hidden cultivation abode. 

Seeing him suddenly appeared caused her to jump from the mat she was seated on in surprise. Not allowing her to speak her said.

"Take care of them, it seems like things just got dangerous for your little kingdom Empress."  

Leaving those words behind, Omis's figure disappeared leaving behind the group in complete shock.

Once he reappeared next to Addi, the red-haired old man glanced at him in curiosity before asking.

"Strange, I can see through Addi's disguise but I can't seem to see through yours." he said. 

"You certainly are a celestial, so 'that' person would be pleased." 

Ignoring him, Omis turned towards Addi as he sent him a spiritual message. 

"Who's the bastard?" 

"That's Hong, a former celestial." 

"Former?" 

"Yes, he's the same as us. Got dragged into this damned world, but something happened to him in the heavenly war and now he is with the hive." 

Interrupting them, Hong spoke. 

"Now that's just rude, isn't it? Ignoring me and talking to each other." He said in a feigned sad tone before moving at an inconceivable speed towards Omis, a short saber appeared in his hand as he stabbed towards him. 

Omis's figure seemed to blur for a second as the saber seemed to go right through him hitting only his after image. Appearing behind Hong, Omis willed his celestial Qi to surround his hand, before throwing a palm attack towards Hong's opened back. 

*BOOOOOM* 

Barely managing to the turn around, Hong used his saber to defend himself from Omis's attack which sent him flying through the air, the shockwave from the clash was heard throughout the capital city below. With a wave of his hand, Addi created a blue transparent shield to protect it.

"The sneaky bastard has the audacity to call me rude while he attacked me straight away. Nearly gave me a damn heart attack!" Replied Omis as he shook his head, turning towards Addi who had a deadpan expression on his face he scolded.

"And you! Why the hell did you not help?! What if he stabbed me?!" 

Refraining from speaking, Addi looked at him with a judging look before replying. 

"Tch, God realm my ass. Afraid of such a puny attack." he harrumphed, his disguise falling as his looks turned back to normal.

"You old fossil! I just came to this damned place! It's not a game no more, I don't want to die!" whined Omis. 

Before he could continue speaking Hong's figure that got sent flying away could be seen coming towards them, his aura towering to the sky as it made the entire city and surroundings shake.

"Ah! Tch, why did he not just die." turning towards Addi he asked. 

"So how are we going to take care of him?" 

"Beats me, you are the 'God realm' cultivator." Shrugging his shoulders, Addi replied while empathizing on the God realm part. 

Just as Omis was about to angrily reply, Hong's attack came as a red dragon made of Qi came roaring towards Omis forcing him to avoid while Addi watched the entire ordeal with an amused expression as he continued to protect the city below.

31