Chapter 45
1.7k 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Special thank you to my Patrons Edward Garcia, Adigio, Legion, Adam D.F, Belduim, Bob Semxy, Fish, Jake Hewitt, Graeme Kent, Duncan Bauer, Jon Transfiguration, Corgi McStumperson, Georgina Singh,Nubtastic, Deltaalpha. Up to 50+ chapters ahead, illustrations and side stories on Patreon!  

 

*Huff, Huff, Huff*

Hong's ragged figure could be seen panting in the sky above the capital city. His clothes were in tatters while his body held numerous cuts and scabs. 

Omis on the other hand calmly stood in the air, a smug expression donned on his face as he started at Hong in disdain. 

"Are you not tired of this 'play' already?" Asked Omis in a bored tone. He turned towards Addi and pointed at Hong with his finger before speaking. 

"What do we do with this guy he doesn't want to give up." 

Addi who was standing a distance away from the battle looked at Omis, he then turned towards Hong and spoke in a completely frosty tone. 

"Kill him."

"Huh? Kill him?" Asked Omis surprised. 

With a face devoid of any sort of emotion, Addi replied as if it was the most normal thing in the world. 

"He came with the intention to do the same, why spare him?" 

Omis hesitated a little as he looked at Hong's weary figure before speaking. 

"But he is a player like us...I mean we don't know what might have happened to him to turn to the enemy but..."

Before Omis could continue Hong let out a chuckle that turned into full-blown laughter. 

"Player? AHAHAHA!" 

Looking at his figure that was maniacally laughing, Addi's eyes squinted yet he remained silent. Omis on the other hand did not understand anything so he asked. 

"What are you talking about? Aren't supposed to stand with the people from your original world, not those that want to slaughter us?" 

Shaking his head Hong replied. "So you must be a newly awakened one." 

"So what if I was?" Said Omis frowning.

It was then that Hong's smiling face suddenly turned completely serious as he replied. 

"You know nothing! Tch, the original world? Don't make me laugh!" Saying that Hong's figure blurred as his speed doubled. He was burning his own life force in an attempt to land a hit on Omis. 

Omis was momentarily surprised and was unable to react in time as Hong's sword drew closer to his head. 

"Die." Addi's cold voice that seemed to come from the depths of hell itself was heard. 

*BOOOM*

Hong's head suddenly exploded with a bang before his entire body followed suit. Blood splattered to all directions with most of it falling on Omis's surprised figure as he stood there in shock. 

Addi slowly walked towards his friend and then tapped his shoulder before speaking. 

"And that's why you should always kill whoever comes after your life. Clean yourself up and let's go." 

Saying that Addi's figure slowly descended towards the palace below. Waves of shocked cries were heard as the people of the capital had watched the entire battle play out, ever since the emergence of the shield that surrounded the city.

And seeing one of the Immortals that just participated in such a shocking battle descend towards the castle made most people feel anxious, such a strong entity had the power the kill them all if he so wished and there was not only one, but two of them!

*Thud, Thud, Thud* 

The sound of people dropping down to their knees in worship echoed throughout the capital's streets as everyone stopped what they were doing to pray to the Immortal above and the one that descended below.

Up above in the sky, Omis's blood-drenched figure was still standing in complete shock. The image of Hong exploding right in front of his face was still fresh in his mind. 

Omis may have shrugged if the death of various people, but deep down he never really considered that as 'real'. 

But seeing Hong, someone who was in the same position as him, someone who was a 'player' get obliterated suddenly made his back turn cold as the reality of the situation started to set in. He had died, and there was no coming back from that! 

He wanted to kill him and had he succeeded the one to perish would have been him not Hong. He let his guard down. 

Raising his hand in front of his head, Omis watched the blood slowly drip from his palms to the ground below his mind momentarily blank.

"He died. He really died..." He whispered to himself. Yet something was still strange about the entire situation, Omis could feel himself being afraid for his own safety, he could feel that everything that had just occurred was very much real, and had Addi not helped him who would have known how that fight would have ended. Yet when he thought about Hong, Omis felt no remorse.

Raising his head to look at the sky above, Omis channeled his inner Qi willing it to disperse the blood as he quietly muttered to himself. 

"What is wrong with me..." 

Shaking his head, Omis turned his attention back to the city below where countless people laid on the ground in worship, as they prayed to him feverishly. 

Looking at them, Omis did not know what to think. Their prayers meant nothing to him, it made no particular difference or anything, and that only served to make him feel more complicated inside.

Letting out a defeated sigh Omis choose to simply teleport straight back to the Empress cultivation chamber where he had left both Meng and Wan Da earlier on. 

His reality blurred for a second as he found himself standing inside the room. Meng and Lee-Lee were both talking to Addi who's face was back to normal as he patted the little girl's head, the Empress on the other hand was sitting on her mat with a respectful expression on her face as she kept her head lowered. 

"Oh, about time you came." Said Addi with a smile as he noticed Omis teleport in. 

Seeing Addi act as if nothing had happened at all made Omis feel a little bit jealous. He did not want to worry about such things, he did not want to overthink anything yet he couldn't help it. 

Giving out a forced smile Omis replied. 

"Yes, I just...had to clear my mind..." 

Nodding in understanding, Addi patted Lee-Lee's head like an affectioned Grandpa before replying.

"You know we have to leave now." 

"Yes, our cover is already blown..."

31