Chapter 47
580 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The underworld or better known by most mortals as hell was not as one would imagine it to be, well it would be better to say that some parts of it were. The realm was even bigger than the mortal one, it's size rivaled only by the heavens. 

The underworld was the final destination of all the souls of the departed, mainly the mortals. A long time ago, when heavens still stood countless ascended cultivators escaped their mortal shackles once they stepped into the divine realm leaving the underworld to be mostly populated by ordinary people. 

It was nothing but a step in the journey of the soul towards its next destination. The underworld was governed by its own deities, Makesis the God of the death, and the one in charge of judging the souls before sending them to reincarnate, and Krumona his sister who on the other hand was in charge of dealing with the punishments and torture to the evil souls. 

Together, the siblings ruled over the underworld with millions of Daemons as their underlings with an iron fist bringing stability to the realm for thousands of years.

That's the background of the underworld that Omis knew, yet when he asked Addi about it he was surprised to find out that things were not quite the same anymore. 

'Makesis died in the battle against the heavens and Krumona's whereabouts have long since been a mystery.' Said Addi using a mental message.

Not stopping the duo continued their flight towards their destination. 

'But why would a God of the underworld join the battle to defend the heavens?' Asked Omis confused. 

Shaking his head Addi replied. 

'We all had a common enemy, the hive. I do not know for what reasons they chose to join us but it seemed as if they hated the hive even more so than we did.' 

Putting such thoughts about the bizarre situation in the back of his mind Omis asked again. 

'Then what about the underworld? What happened now that the ruling deities are gone?' 

'You'll see...' replied Addi in a solemn tone.

With the speed they were going, It did not take much longer before the duo reached their destination. The gateway to the underworld. 

The land below them slowly disappeared as they flew above a raging black sea, leaving the continent behind as they went deeper. 

Slowly the climate in the surrounding area started declining little by little until it reached a temperature so cold that no cultivator bellow the Profound Immortal realm could proceed. 

Yet strangely beneath them, the sea was not frozen with waves that rose as great mountains, anger in the form of water, turbulent and unforgiving.

The entire place gave off a desolate feeling as the ocean swelled mightily below them with nothing on the horizon but more of the same, the sky darkened as it seemed to blend into a horizon of the same hue. 

This was the edge of the world. 

As the duo delved even deeper, a vast blanket of white fog hung over them, It swooped in and skirted around them like a giant eraser moving indiscriminately to eradicate what was once there into something that's not causing them to be unable to make out their surroundings.

Using their divine sense, however, Omis and Addi continued with a sense of direction as if they knew the area like the back of their hands. 

'Well, this place certainly didn't change.' Said Omis as he used his divine sense to scan his surroundings a strange sense of nostalgia took over him. 

'Yes, for some reason the underworld is the only place those bastards can't get into. We are getting close, stay alert we don't know if they have any guards stationed at the entrance waiting for us.' Answered Addi with a serious expression.

Nodding back in response, Omis rotated his cultivation as he continued to scan his surroundings for anything that may seem out of place.

Suddenly both his expression and Addi's fell as Omis hurriedly tapped his dimensional storage and summoned a small white shield. This was one of the highest-ranking treasures he owned, The Shield of Calamity, its appearance was not as fancy as its name but its power was unrivaled as it could stand against a God realm cultivator!

Throwing the shield towards the sky above them, it hastily expanded in size covering both him and Addi who in turn summoned his own treasure a giant bronze furnace that stood behind the shield.

A giant palm that spammed hundreds of meters suddenly descended from above parting the white fog in half as it emerged falling down towards the shield first. 

*BOOOOOM* 

A colossal shockwave followed by a deafening boom caused the shield to flicker as if on the verge of breaking yet it still held one with the help of the bronze furnace. The fog in the surrounding thousand meters was forcefully pushed away.

There way above them in the sky a lone boy stood in the air as he watched both Omis and Addi speed up and run away as they recalled their treasures, a strange look overtook his face. 

"They survived?" His mouth suddenly turned into a wide grin as he shot forward after them in a beam of light. 

The area in the edge of the world was a rough one, space may seem normal yet it was impossible to teleport, Immortal venerables and God ranked entities may be able to forcefully tear a hole in space but that would come at the cost of causing the entire place to collapse, it was for this reason that neither Omis nor Addi did so and also why the boy choose not as well. 

"Shit! That attack was at least a God realm one!" Shouted Omis. 

"Why the hell are you panicking for! You are a God ranked cultivator!" Replied Addi. 

"Yes dumbass but if we fight here we are all fucked!" Said Omis in a nervous tone. 

"Just run! We are almost near the entrance anyways!" 

Nodding in reply, Omis glanced back only for his eyes to widen like sausages, the boy was almost right behind them with a terrifying grin on his face as he extended his palm as if to grab them. 

Turning towards Addi, Omis quickly grabbed him and redoubled his speed as he flew forwards trying to find the entrance. 

"You little bastard let me go and take care of yourself!" Angrily shouted Addi. 

"Just shut up and shoot his ass!" hurriedly replied Omis without wasting any time as his eyes continually scanned for the entrance. 

"Just give up little ones! I'm coming for you!" Came the impossibly deep voice of the little boy from behind. 

"Little one?! You bastard! Your mom is the little one! Your Dad is the little one your whole family are the little ones! Let me go I need to slap some sense into this fucker!" Angrily scolded Addi yet he did not make any effort to get away from Omis as his hands hurriedly drew complicated patterns in the air before pointing towards the sky above. 

"Eat this you fucking bastard! Heavenly rage!" Saying that a loud rumble was heard from the sky above as it seemed like the dark sky was suddenly illuminated by a flash of light as a streak of purple lightning as thick as an adult man fell towards the little boy causing him to frown as he momentarily paused and pulled a small compass that seemed to protect him from the attack. By the time he looked ahead, the duo had already disappeared leaving him with a dumbfounded expression on his face.

18