Chapter 49
505 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world blinked. Slowly. The lights faded out on one scene and then faded back in on another. Omis was at the center of the lighting as the world faded out and back in again.

As he regained his bearings, Omis found himself on his hands and knees, under him was stone, rough, raw, natural stone. 

He found himself dizzy as he struggled to catch his breath, Omis quickly inhaled. Hot, dry, very dry air filled his lungs as he breathed out again.

Wrinkling his nose as he squinted his eyes, the smell of rotten eggs in the air, along with that of sulfur. 

"That's disgusting..." he muttered. 

The next thing he noticed about his surroundings after passing through the portal was a huge cliff to his left and a stone cliff wall to his right, it looked to be a curved stone wall for that matter.

The ledge was curving around a stone cliff. Raising his head to look up...and further up...it went up dizzyingly high and was in a cylindrical shape.

"OK! That's huge!" he Whistled, the nasty rotten smell attacking his pores once again causing him to frown before he rotated his cultivation base to rid himself of it. 

Letting out a sigh of relief he spoke. 

"Much better! Now, where's that bastard?" He said as he turned his head left and right trying to find Addi. 

Walking towards the edge to his left, he casually threw the drop a quick glance, it seemed as if the drop was every bit as bad downwards as upwards. 

Looking below, Omis was able to spot the ground as he extended his divine sense, but there were clouds, dark grey clouds, and flames.

"Fire?" He asked himself, a bad habit he seemed to have picked up since coming to this world. 

The ground below seemed to have molten lava on it as jets of flames constantly shot upwards hundreds if not thousands of meters in the air. 

*WOOSH* 

A loud noise suddenly went off to his right, he turned his attention to see a giant ball of fire expanding into thin air before it contracted and blinked out of existence. 

Glancing around, Omis was able to spot other fireballs expanding and contracting randomly seemingly out of thin air. 

"What the hell?" He unconsciously muttered, this indeed looked like an actual hell, yet not the one he was familiar with. 

"What did I tell you! I felt the portal open around here!" A high peached voice squealed excitedly behind Omis. 

"Indeed you did, I never denied that my good friend." Replied another old voice. 

Putting his guard up, Omis hurriedly turned his attention back in surprise to confront the voices, who could have sneaked on him when he wasn't paying attention?

There in front of him were two people, an otherworldly beautiful short young lady with long purple hair and equally stunning purple eyes. Probably the owner of the first voice, next to her was a middle-aged man with short blue hair and an equally short well-trimmed blue beard. 

"Greetings fellow comrade celestial in eternal prison! It appears you have just arrived!" Excitedly said the young lady as she moved uncomfortably close to Omis while inspecting him with sparkling eyes. 

"Ah! Where are my manners!" Suddenly remembering the young beauty that did not seem to belong to this plane stuck out her hand and gave a simple bow.

"How do you do? Leyla's the name, however, the locals call me Ley!" Omis unconsciously grabbed her hand, as she excitedly shook it up and down. 

"Uh...Omis." Omis responded. 

"So, Uh Omis, you just get here?" Asked the middle-aged man with a tired smile on his face. 

"You know he did! I told you the moment the gate opened!" Angrily replied Leyla.

"Yes, Yes Ley you indeed did tell me that, you are correct as always." Said the middle-aged man while waving Leyla away with a smile.

"Pleasure to meet you Omis, I'm Ron, and as you heard this is my friend Leyla or Ley for short." 

"Are you calling me short?!" Leyla asked while pouting causing Ron to just roll his eyes.

Seeing Ron ignore her, Leyla turned back to Omis who was still confused about what was happening as she asked. 

"So, Omis." Asked Leyla as she floated in the air while rotating in front of him. 

"Do you like our little home away from home?" She asked with a smile. 

Looking at the barren land of fireballs and hell, Omis awkwardly smiled before replying as he did not wish to offend anyone. 

"Umm...it's nice?" 

"Think so?" She said as she dropped to the ground before adding.

"I think it's shit!" 

"Oh..." no knowing how to reply Omis awkwardly stood there with a strange expression on his face before Ron tapped his shoulders.

"Don't mind her, Ley over here thinks everything is shit. I for one think you can get used to it, it grows on you you see." Said Ron as he waved his hands to the random fireballs in the distance. 

Hearing that Leyla jumped back to the air as she hurriedly answered back. 

"No, no! I don't think everything is shit! Cutting off the hive's minions heads clean off while slowly refining their souls as they scream for mercy is nice!" She said as both of her cheeks turned rosy her entire body shivering. 

"Now that I think about it I wonder when the next raid would be, my stock of souls is running low, and I'd really want to try some new things~" She muttered as her flush reddened even further.

"Ahem..." Ron coughed, interrupting Leyla's stream of conscious external dialogue causing her to shut up as she smiled brightly at Omis and Ron. 

"As I was saying the place tends to grow on you, the flames the dry weather." 

"Oh! Oh! And the annual wars!" Interrupted Leyla excitedly while jumping up and down, causing Ron to let out a huge sigh. 

"Yes, Ley the wars as well." He said while shaking his head in defeat. 

"Oh! Oh! The raids! Ron the raids! Tell him about the raids! Wait can I tell him about the raids? Please Ron, can I? Can I?" She pleaded with an extremely innocent expression that would easily bewitch any mortal, yet it only caused Ron to let out another tired sigh before replying. 

"Sure Ley, you can tell him about the Raids." 

"Yay!" Jumping up in the air Leyla circled the duo before landing in front of Omis with an excited expression.

"You are going to love~ the raids! Hehe!" she giggled, as Omis just watched the entire scene play out with a strange expression on his face. 

Yet before Leyla could add anything a cold voice came from above in the air causing the trio to raise their heads, Ron's expression remained the same his lips slowly curling upwards, yet Leyla's face turned into a bad one.

"Well, well, look at what we have here."

17