Chapter 20. [Birthday Drop (3/5)]
141 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Birthday drop schedule:

10.30 A.M, 1.30 P.M, 4.30 P.M, 7.30 P.M, 10.30 P.M (GMT+8).

Patreon: https://patreon.com/mihou

Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB.

                             

 

A Dream Foretold.

A New World Arc (3). A Repeat of the Past.

[Alice’s Perspective]

 

Everything felt shivering cold, there was darkness all around me… deep darkness that stares at you, every ounce of my body felt painful like dozens of swords pierced through me. I couldn’t move, nor could I open my eyes.

 

All I knew was, my hand was holding onto something… a flesh, or the body of someone… I didn’t feel like letting go of this object, it was the only object that had warmth… the only object that tells me that I am still alive.

 

The sound of water splashing onto the floor, the whispers of wind as it blasts past, and the ticking silence of the environment all added to the atmosphere of the place, the lack of sight contributed to the spookiness.

 

For once, fear rose inside my heart as I listened close to the noise around as I forced every ounce of my body to move, clenching onto the warmth my hand was on, gritting my teeth before the weight of my eyelids vanished, allowing me to see once more.

 

The scene before me was not kind to the weak-hearted, dozens of bones spread all over the place; blood splattered around the walls and hundreds of chains lay around the floor whilst some hanged from the roof.

 

Each piece of bones had dozens of bite marks on it, the blood felt fresh whilst the disgusting stench of iron that came from the blood spread all over the place… my heart wanted to scream, my body trembled as water almost spilled from my mouth.

 

It felt disgusting, my body wanted to puke, vomit everything but fear overrode the desire to vomit, fear of triggering any creature that was sleeping. Looking closely, the walls of the room became clear, they were made from cobble with thick green moss.

 

If one had to describe the room, it would be an illegal research laboratory as tables were placed in strategic locations with old, dusty beakers and other glassware placed on top of them. There were some beakers with purplish liquid flowing inside them.

 

‘Where is this place?’ would be my first question if I could open my mouth.

 

I continued to look around the place before turning my attention to the object my hand was holding, before the sight of a white-haired beauty, bruised in several parts appeared before me… the body of the one I wanted to protect, Amelia.

 

The thundering sounds of my heart crying, exploding, breaking could be heard inside me… my eyes went wide as my mouth which I couldn’t move in the first place opened itself wide. My body went numb in an instant; disbelief was everywhere around me.

 

‘What happened…?’, ‘Why did this happen…?’, ‘Can I repeat time…?’, ‘Can I still save her?’, ‘Can I die right now?’… questions such as those rose inside my head, darkness filled the depths of my being… my soul turned corrupt.

 

I felt like dying, ripping the ends of my heart, stabbing my soul with my own sword… I wanted to end this suffering, my mind wanted to stop itself… stop my heart from beating but as if the heart had its own mind, it kept going… disobeying the mind’s orders.

 

My body wanted to scream, I wanted to cry… no tears would fall from my eyes, no screams… no voice would leave my mouth. I don’t want to see anymore, I don’t want to listen, I don’t want to feel… I want to isolate myself… isolate myself in darkness.

 

The world objected to my cries, the revered Twin Goddesses as if not wanting to listen to my selfish escape of this reality objected as the white-haired beauty’s body shivered for once, forcing my heart to skip a beat and cleansing the darkness inside my mind.

 

‘She’s still alive…’ was the sole thought that overthrew everything, snapped me back to reality… she wasn’t dead, she was still alive… still breathing, my heart felt joyous… there’s still a glimmer of hope, a chance of breaking this repeating history.

“I… I have to move…” my voice came out as I pushed my body with as much strength as my soul could muster, pushing both arms forward before my back bent a little as I, then split the force to balance between my foot and arms.

 

Slowly but surely, the knee of my right foot touched the floor as my left foot followed before my posture was now that of a kneeling posture, showing me a clear sight of the room. It was truly a disgusting sight; bones were lined up as if a red carpet of bones.

 

Blood made up the red wool whilst the bones were the threads, it was a sight that no human would love to see… a sight that only devils would love, people with no heart… criminals, murderers. My stomach ached from the sight, but I held firm, continuing to move my body as the loud exploding sounds of my bones cracking echoed throughout the room.

 

My bones screamed as I continued forcing my body to its limit, standing up as I looked downwards towards the white-haired beauty before walking towards her side, and taking a close look at her body which was bruised.

 

Her clothes were untouched, only the parts that were exposed by her dress had bruises. Her face was bleeding, her cheeks had slices on them… ones that belonged to a dagger rather than a sword, her eyes were deep purple.

 

It was clear that the blue-haired girl if she was the one who did all of those had a deep grudge against her… to think that the Amaya family had such a scandal, and to think that scandal would be the reason why she was injured once more… I felt mad.

 

My body wanted to go to the head of the Amaya family, stab him with my rapier, kick his head super hard to the wall and slam it with every desk I could find… my body felt irritated, my heart was super mad, yet I couldn’t do any of those… I couldn’t relieve this anger, irritation inside of me.

 

As if sensing my presence nearby, her hand moved towards my leg, hugging it tightly as a soft voice came from her mouth, “Don’t leave me…” stabbing my heart as I kneeled beside her, grabbing her by the waist and hugging her tightly as I rested on the floor before kissing her forehead as I replied, “I won’t leave you… so please wake up.”

 

Birthday drop schedule:

10.30 A.M, 1.30 P.M, 4.30 P.M, 7.30 P.M, 10.30 P.M (GMT+8).

Patreon: https://patreon.com/mihou

Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB.

                             

8