Chapter 22. [Birthday Drop (5/5)]
147 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The final chapter for this 5 chapter drop for my birthday (Dec. 22, 2004). Thank you all, and see you soon!

Patreon: https://patreon.com/mihou (Another five is out there).

Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB.

 

A Dream Foretold.

A New World (3). A Repeat of the Past.

 

It felt like time had stopped, my eyes were wide open; staring into the black-haired lady smiling as a bright light engulfed the surroundings around her; she was like a Princess of the stars, her hair fluttered as blood floated up in the air.

 

Tiny droplets of blood descending at a snail’s pace, her shoulders were demolished; parts of her body were ripped, her entire state was in rags, yet a smile blossomed on her face… it felt like her hand was on my head, combing the threads of my hair with her fingers.

 

“Goodbye, my dearest… I love you, forever and ever…” her words echoed throughout the entire room before space and time warped around her; it was as if her body was about to be sucked away, my body moved by itself, reaching out to her as she smiled a sorrowful smile.

 

“Thank you…” a soft whisper blasted through my ears like the rumble of thunder as the bright white light that shone behind her grew, engulfing a large radius of area around her, blinding my eyes as my body fling back towards the wall.

 

As if a sunset, the light dimmed slowly but surely, revealing the scene of carnage as the walls were tainted in thick blood; the stench of iron filled the room, and resting at the very center of the room was a large pillar of light.

 

The pillar of light was like a spike of ice but far larger; inside the pillar was her naked body with not a single wound, her body was like a caterpillar inside a cocoon; her arms wrapped around her knees, her knees were facing her stomach.

 

My body fell to the floor, numb; there was no strength coming out, her last words reverberated around my head like a storm… almost like a nightmare, where had everything gone wrong…? I felt like dying inside, strangling myself with my own hands… yet I couldn’t do so, as if a force was stopping me from doing so.

 

“Why…?” I mumbled to the pillar of light, crawling towards it before punching it several times as I repeated the same question, “Why…?” nonstop, looking at the black-haired lady as her body silently rested as if inside a coffin.

 

“If you were going to die, you could have taken me with you!” I shouted at her before punching myself in the cheeks, falling to the floor as moist filled my eyes like a stream of water, water flowed down from my cheeks as I stared at the pillar of light.

 

My body couldn’t stop shaking, shivering; her last words kept repeating inside my head; her voice that sang like the melody of a piano; her smile that was as beautiful as the sun, and the teardrops that fell from her eyes… everything was as clear as day to me.

 

“You idiot…” light, quivering voice moved out from my throat, “Why… why do you have to do this to me…?! You promised to be my happiness…!”

 

My hands clenched onto my chest, grasping it tightly as if wanting to crush the beating organ inside; pain was everywhere, the thick orchestra of silence; my hands dug deep onto the skin, yet couldn’t reach any further as if a wall was placed, stopping my hand from entering deeper.

 

It was like a curse; a curse that stops me from following her… no matter how much strength I forced onto my hands, it couldn’t go any deeper, only striking the skin; no matter how much strength I forced myself, I couldn’t follow her.

 

“This is why I hate people…” I shouted, punching my hands on the floor before standing up, and walking towards the pillar of light, kicking it several times as I shouted at her, “Wake up! Wake up, you idiot! WAKE UP!”

 

But nothing replied other than the loud kicks of mine; my knees were as if giving up, sliding down to the floor as my hand touched the pillar of light, tears fell from my eyes as I slammed my head on the floor, “Why won’t you wake up…?”

 

“Please wake up… Alice…” I cried in a quivering voice, shivering as I looked at her body that was cocooning itself, “You promised me… you promised to be my joy, yet…” before tilting my head to the side as tears fell from my eyes.

 

“Why….” I whispered, asking the same question repeatedly before slamming my head several times on the floor until cracking pain riddled every part of my head as I laid on the floor before the pillar of light, looking at it as tears dripped from the side of my eyes.

 

“You know… I felt happy when you were with me; even though, we haven’t been together for that long… I truly felt happy, you know…” I said to the pillar of light with my quivering voice before taking a deep breath as I closed my eyes.

 

“I wished many times on my sleep, could every day be like those; could the two of us be together forever; could I be with you forever… dreaming, and dreaming of those days,” I added before opening my eyes and blinking several times as I stared at her in silence.

 

“My heart would always beat fast around you… do you know why, even I do not know until now; every day with you was my happiness, I never felt sad with you… say, what do you think these feelings are?” I asked before closing my eyes as I rested my head to the side, “You won’t answer me anyway… I already know what it is, anyway…”

 

“I will tell you… I love you…” I said before shivering as I added, “I replied now… so will you open your eyes…?” but there was no response, it felt weird inside; my heart felt empty, even though in stories, a confession would be the happiest part.

 

A prince kneeling before you with a ring on his hand, that used to be my dream… it did come true though, but the person was not a Prince, but a Princess who also vanished the same moment on her confession… what a stupid love story.

 

“If only I could go back in time…” I closed my eyes and cried before out of the blue, a light voice answered from behind, “Do you wish to go back in time and fix all your mistakes?” taking me by surprise as I turned around before a brown-haired, pink-eyed lady stood there with a figure that of the Twin Goddesses.

 

“Heh… if I could, then I would have already gone back in time,” I answered before the lady smiled before a beautiful silver-white scythe appeared on her hand, pointing it at me as she said, “Then we have an agreement, in exchange for your loyalty, I will allow you to fix your mistake… the price to pay will be hefty, are you sure about this, my little descendant?”

 

“I don’t care, if it allows me to see Alice and be with her again, then I won’t care no matter what the consequences are…” I answered before the lady smiled, “You don’t differ from your mother at all, not that it matters, what I want is your absolute loyalty… do you promise?”

 

“I promise…” I said before the smile on her face as she swung her scythe like the reaper, as she said “Then, I will see you far in the future… this is your last chance, my little descendant; I hope you, the first moon and the girl over there, the sun can push back the second moon…” before darkness blinded my eyes.

 

Merry Christmas to everyone as well, hope you enjoyed A Dream Foretold. \w/ (Five chapters are out in Patreon).

Patreon: https://patreon.com/mihou

Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB.

11