Chapter 23. A New World.
132 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Dream Foretold.

A New World (3). A Repeat of the Past.

 

“Amelia… wake up…” a voice called out from the deep, thick darkness; a whisper that was as if the melody of a wonderful piano, nostalgic and wonderful, “Amelia…” the voice kept whispering into my ear as a soft object weaved through the threads of my hair.

 

“Amelia… how long will you sleep?” the voice asked as I slowly opened my eyes before the sight of a black-haired lady with beautiful, pink jade eyes; red, beautiful moist lips and a tiny yet adorable nose looking down on me with a smile appeared.

 

“Alice…” a name came out from my mouth as the black-haired lady tilted her head to the side, combing my hair with her slender fingers as moist struck my eyes, tears fell from my cheeks as she asked, “What’s wrong… did I do anything wrong?”

 

“Nothing at all…” I answered before hugging her waist tightly, wiping the tears on my eyes with her dress and comforting myself onto her; it felt unreal, everything was as if just a nightmare, yet it wasn’t… the scene was as vivid as it could be.

 

“I love you so much… please don’t leave me alone…” I said before her breathing stopped for a second, taking me by surprise as I looked up and saw her eyes wide open like a revelation struck her, her mouth was as wide as it could as she looked down on me with surprise.

 

“What’s wrong?” I inquired despite knowing why before she shook her head, “Nothing… it felt like I heard something,” smiling as she continued to comb my hair with her fingers, bringing forth a warm sensation inside my heart.

 

A warm sensation that I wanted to treasure forever, a sensation that I wish to have forever; to experience; to feel and to keep for as long as I want, to never let go of this feeling and to bask in it forever is my goal this time.

 

“Say, Alice… can you train me even harder from now on?” I asked before she looked at me with an even more surprised face before asking, “Why are you suddenly asking to, weren’t you struggling to even hold a sword a while back?”

 

“I can hold a sword, you know!” I refuted before she poked my cheeks and smiled with her eyes squinted as usual, “You can hold it for how many seconds, a single second?” giggling as I pouted, closing my eyes as I basked in the unreal feeling of joy, taking in the seriousness that I really traveled back in time.

 

“I am serious this time, you know…” I said whilst opening my eyes, staring into hers before adding, “I want to become stronger, to protect you from any kind of harm!”

 

“Aren’t you acting like an adorable child, this time?” she replied, smiling before continuing, “You already know that almost no one can defeat me as long as I have my weapon, right?”

 

“Besides, I am your knight; the one who protects is not you, but me… I swore my sword on you, which is why even if it means my eventual death, I will protect you… no, even after my death, I will protect you forever as that is my oath,” she declared.

 

“But… if you want to, then I don’t mind intensifying your training…” she added as a tint of pink painted her cheeks like cherry blossoms; her eyes lingered around as a smile blossomed on my face, “I will take the harder training!”

 

“Are you sure about it?” she asked before I sat up from my position and kissed her cheeks, winking at her as I stood up, “Of course… I never say something I was never serious about,” before walking a few steps back and turning towards her with my eyes squinted.

 

“I don’t want to be protected forever; I want to be the one who protects, to be your knight as well… Alice!” I shouted at her before whispering in a low voice, “I don’t want to lose you again… I don’t want to experience the tragedy again… I am awake now… so don’t leave me again…”

 

It felt strange, how I am already comfortable with the time travel; how I am not doubting whether this is not a dream, or whether this is my imagination… as expected of the one they call the Goddesses of All, it felt like my faith on them had grown.

 

I was given the opportunity to change everything; to fix all the mistakes I made… I won’t let this opportunity go to waste… I won’t let myself suffer once more, lose another thing precious to me whether it’d be a person or a dream.

 

“Fine… I will teach you; you better be prepared for some harsh training!” Alice said as she stood up, dusted off her skirt before walking towards me with a bright smile as I nodded before taking her free right hand and hugging her tightly.

 

“You seem rather odd today, did you have a nightmare?” she asked in a soft voice before I dug my head on her chest, hugging her tightly as I replied, “Mhm… it was a nightmare where I lost you; I don’t want to see it anymore…”

 

“There, there… I won’t leave you, no matter what happens… I will forever be with you, forever and ever… I promise,” she said, patting my head as I nodded before releasing her and dragging her out towards the gate of the residence before mumbling in a soft, inaudible voice, “Liar…” with a quivering voice.

 

“Did you say anything?” she asked before I shook my head, “Let’s go eat somewhere; do you have any idea where to eat, I want some lasagnas if there are any!” turning my head towards her and smiling as she sighed.

 

“I have a place, let’s walk there if you like. It’s only a few minutes away from here,” she replied before I nodded as the two of us walked out from the residence under the glimmering sun.

7