Chapter 25. The Unknown Little Girl
358 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Dream Foretold.

A New World (3). A Repeat of the Past.

 

“Eeeek!” the girl screamed as she backed away like the wind, stumbling to the grass as she stared at me with fear all over her eyes; her forehead sweating hard and her arms shivering.

 

“Hold on, Amelia; the girl doesn’t seem to have any bad intentions,” Alice said as I lowered down my sword, looking at her as she nodded before walking towards the little girl and reaching a hand out towards her as she asked, “Are you alright?”

 

The little girl looked at Alice for a second before backing away with fear all over her face, it seems like I had truly messed up in my act but then again, it was the right action to do, or rather what most knights would do.

 

“I don’t mean any harm, see?” Alice said as she rose her hand up in the air, staring into the little girl before the little girl stared back at her for a second and stopped backing away as Alice took another step, and another step until she arrived before the girl, kneeling in front of her as she asked once more, “Are you alright?”

 

The little girl didn’t respond, instead, she stared into Alice’s eyes for an entire minute; her brown eyes didn’t move, simply pinned down on Alice who was tilting her head in confusion; my hand was on the handle of my sword all the time, prepared for emergency cases.

 

“Uhh, are you alive?” Alice questioned the little girl, waving her hand in front of her before the little girl, without notice, opened her mouth and spoke.

 

“Aria.”

 

Her voice was adorable, despite being a little bit on the quiet side; it was the voice of that of a little girl around the age range of eight to ten, her face also matched around that age range but what was strange is how this little girl managed to come here without any guardians.

 

“Aria, is that your name?” Alice inquired as the little girl nodded cutely before Alice followed, “That’s a cute name, so… Aria, are you perhaps lost, do you know where your parents are, or do you know where you live?”

 

The little girl, in response, tilted her head before shaking it twice before speaking, “I don’t know…”, taking a deep breath as she shook her head once more, “I don’t know anything, Aria only knows that she is Aria…”

 

“Do you really not remember anything?” Alice asked once more before the little girl shook her head in response, replying with the usual, “Aria does not know anything… she only knows she is Aria…” always referring to herself as a third person.

 

It wouldn’t be weird for someone to hold a suspicion on her, but looking into her eyes tells you another story, her eyes were like a void of innocence; a single glance at her eyes would tell that she really knows nothing… rather than know, she also doesn’t understand anything.

 

“This is strange…” Alice said as she stood up before walking towards me, resting her head between her thumb and index finger as she looked at me and nodded, “It’s the same innocence your eyes carry, it seems like she really doesn’t know anything…”

 

“Huh, what do you mean the same innocence?” I asked before Alice smiled, ignoring the question as she continued, “My guess is the girl herself seems to have some traumatic experience that led her to lose all her memories except for her name… but then again, it’s only a guess…”

 

“Hey, don’t ignore my question…!” I complained but as usual, she continued with talking, “If everything is correct then my only guess is she is one of the children involved in the Amusie Incident where a large unidentified flying rock slammed down on a certain village.”

 

“Amusie Incident?” I asked before she tilted her head, “You don’t remember, didn’t I explain it to you last time… the incident that even the most experienced magiciantist couldn’t comprehend; a large black ball of flaming rock all of a sudden slammed down on a village of five hundred people, annihilating all?”

“I don’t remember at all, did something like that happen?” I said with my eyes open as Alice blinked several times before nodding, “It seems like I forgot to tell you about that; it was an incident that shocked most kingdoms around us as the impact had flattened all the land within a large radius around the village.”

 

“The reason why it is shocking is that it could have been done by some kind of magician hiding somewhere; the boulder didn’t look natural, it was like nothing our historians had seen before and from the looks of it, this girl seems to be associated with the village,” Alice explained before a brown hair peeked from behind her like a koala.

 

The little girl had an adorable curious look on her eyes; her eyes stared straight at me like an arrow, there was nothing else to describe her eyes other than cute and sparkling. It seems like she was really interested in me.

 

“Why would you think a cute little girl like her would be associated with such an incident, she doesn’t even have any injuries or scratches to note of?” I inquired whilst sheathing my sword before walking to the little girl and poking her cheeks several times.

 

Her cheeks were fluffy like pancakes, or rather muffins; her eyes were the cutest I had ever seen, sparkling like diamonds as both pupils stared at me like a love arrow, not only were her eyes cute but her cheeks were irresistible to poke as well.

 

Little children do have this adorable charm on them that really affects us, adults, I always thought of it as a simple metaphor or joke the authors of books used but seeing it in person really made me understand that they really do have this charm on them.

 

“Well, first and foremost, her loss of memories could only be associated with a recent tragedy that occurred, and from the looks of it, within the past month there has only been one tragedy that occurred that could leave a tragic experience and that would be the Amusie Incident.”

 

“Other than that, the fact that she is also wearing clothing that can usually only be found on villages and her spoiled, and dirty hair that shouldn’t be found in normal situations all led me to that single conclusion but then, it’s only subjective.”

 

“An objective explanation would require her full name which if we take into consideration that she doesn’t even remember anything else, then it would be hard to acquire,” Alice explained before I looked at the little girl and nodded.

 

“What are we going to do about her?” I asked before the little girl reached both of her hands towards me almost as if asking for a hug, in response, my body moved by itself, grabbing her and raising her up before she hugged my neck, resting her head on my shoulder as Alice smiled.

 

“There are two routes to this, do you want to hear the best one?” she responded before I nodded as she took a deep breath, taking two seconds before answering, “The best route would be the same one as the Twin Goddesses, adoption…”

I feel like it is too early for adoption, but yeah; this will be

a little bit needed for the MC to fulfill her original goal (for time traveling).

Also, merry Christmas to all of you! (Another two chapters will drop soon).

5