Chapter 59: Transfusion
247 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reiki gave Moranor an odd look, he said. "Have I ever received a blood transfusion before? Why the specific question?" Moranor stared at him with a scrutinizing gaze, as she tried to find a slight difference he has from other people. She said. "Receiving a blood transfusion from a different species will do more than just keep you alive… And that goes double for your kind..."

Moranor placed a hand over her mouth as she pondered about something. Reiki asked. "How bad is it?" Moranor moved her hand away from her mouth as she placed the needle somewhere in the medkit while saying. "It depends on what kind of race the donor was…"

Moranor paused for a moment and tried to remember what she could. She said. "Hypothetically if a human were to receive or be injected with trolls' blood the individual could acquire one of their distinct traits. Super strength, their ability to eat garba- anything so they could survive in harsh environments, and possibly even their high regenerative properties. A troll king's cells are so active that it gives them a lifespan as long as elves and they don't even have to worry about fire anymore, the only way they could die was to cut off their heads." Reiki said. "Troll king? Can you tell me the difference between the two? And give me more details about the blood transfusion thing."

Moranor closed the medkit as it made a loud shutting sound, she said. "Don't be an idiot and do it yourself. If the blood you received is too potent it could turn you into a half-troll potentially even turning you a complete one. Your body would still resemble a human but you would act like one while having their… Unique abilities…" Moranor slightly shook her head sideways as she remembered what she said about what they eat, she continued. "Don't worry about the troll king, they live in the deepest parts of the cave so the chances of you meeting one would be negligible. What makes them different is that they can talk and have long lifespans."

Reiki rolled his eyes and thought. Talking trolls with long lifespans… He turned his head to look at her and made eye contact, he said. "How long? Can you give me a rough estimate?" Moranor crossed her arms, she said. "Mom took you to the shopping district, did you notice anything different about the crowd?" 

She looked at him from the corner of her eye and gave him a meaningful glance. Reiki paused, not knowing if he should answer. Moranor let out a chuckle and said. "It's fine, I'll let this one time slide." Her eyes narrowed as she glared at him, she continued. "But only once." He faked a cough and said. "They were… Different. They have yellow hair and brown eyes while you and Melanor have goldish hair and dark blue eyes.

Moranor let out a chuckle as she laid on the backrest of the couch, she said. "You pass, no need to be on edge I won't bite. I just need a small voltage to set you straight." Moranor flashed him a small smirk, she said. "300 years, those elves you saw in the district only live for about 300-350 years at the most. A troll's king lifespan is roughly the same give or take." Reiki turned his head towards her and said. "How about you? How long is your lifespan?" Moranor quickly answered. "4,500 years, mom should be turning 900 on her birthday."

Reiki was taken aback for a few seconds and said. "Did you just say your mom is 900 years old? Wouldn't that mean she gave birth to you when she was 728?!" Moranor let out a chuckle, she said. "Accurately I was born when mom was 727 years old. But on a serious note in our eyes mom was too young to raise a child…" Moranor's eyes turned cold as her tone of voice turned cruel, she said. "Those senile old elves were afraid of mom's potential and wanted to cut her down a peg or two. For my future, they resorted to using a potion that used my dad's lifespan…" Reiki placed a hand over his mouth, he thought. Didn't she say they live until 4,000? I feel like I'm missing something here… 

Moranor turned her head to see him deeply thinking, she poked his cheek which made him snap back to reality. She said. "My dad was one of those elves you saw at the district." Moranor turned her head as she looked outside the window, she said. "Those old elves wanted to lower her status by giving birth to an elf with lower purity. Since this was ages ago when mom's position wasn't that high all she could do was agree to it, by that time dad was only 58 years old." Reiki had an odd look on his face, he thought. His father was a child in terms of their maturity…

Moranor stayed quiet for a moment and continued. "They made an excuse of his talent for archery a reason for their hand in marriage and that he should persevere for the future generation to learn. Mom's parents were elves of tradition, meaning those old elves' word was the law. They spread it across the town and everyone was invited to the wedding, on the night of their marriage my dad suggested that he would drink a certain potion. In exchange for his already short lifespan for a higher chance of the child, in this case me, to have the same purity as my mom. When I was born until the age of 80, he taught me everything he knew, archery, tactics, even his training regimen…"

Moranor stopped again as she took a deep breath, she said. "And-." She stopped because she felt something on her cheek. Moranor saw Reiki was pinching her cheek, he said. "And we'll stop here." Moranor moved his hand away from her cheek, she said. "Why? Is it because you're disgusted with how I was conceived?"

Reiki shook his head and chuckled, he said. "No, it just looks like you're forcing yourself to tell me. It's fine I won't think any less of you." Moranor looked at him weirdly as she moved her hand and poked his ribs, the sound of crackling was heard while he felt a jolt from her touch.

[System: User has received 301 lightning Damage.]

Moranor moved her hand away from him, she said. "Stop trying to sound mature, you're too young to talk like that." Reiki rubbed the spot where he was shocked, he said. "Then wouldn't that also apply to you? In terms of our race's maturity, we are the same-." Moranor placed her finger a few inches away from his face, a couple of strings of lightning traveled around her finger as it produced crackling noises. She said. "Don't mind the small details."

She moved her hand away from him again. Reiki let out a sigh and said. "You and your 'small' details. If they were such small details you wouldn't have bothered to point it out." Moranor had an irritated look on her face, she was about to grab his arm as the sound of two footsteps were getting louder the closer they got. Melanor and Enrel walked closer to the couch, Enrel was wearing a different green dress as she walked to a different shelf and started browsing for something to read.

Melanor sat on her daughter's right as both of them adjusted on the couch to make room for her. She used the backrest of the couch and turned her head to look at Moranor, Melanor said. "What were the two of you talking about?" Moranor answered. "I was telling him about blood transfusions between different races, other than that nothing much." Melanor nodded as she looked around the room as her gaze fell on top of the coffee table and saw the burnt scab with an outline of Moranor's hand. Melanor picked it up and examined it, she said. "Is this what I think it is…"

She felt it with her hand and took a small whiff of it. Enrel was staring at it from the beginning using the corner of her eye as she tried to keep it subtle. Melanor looked at her daughter and said. "Is this his scab?" Moranor nodded to confirm, she said. "That's mainly the reason why we… Well, I was explaining about the blood thing."

With a wave of Melanor's hand the scab vanished, she said. "It could potentially just be some leftover medicine his body absorbed from the first time we treated his wounds." Moranor had a confused look on her face, she said. "But didn't we just used-." Melanor gave her daughter a meaningful look. Enrel was watching everything with a suspicious look, she picked out a random book from the shelves.

Enrel opened it to the first page, she said. "What's on tonight's menu?" Moranor and Melanor turned their heads to look at Reiki. He looked at them and said. "Why are you looking at me?" Moranor said. "We are curious as to what you humans eat regularly." Melanor nodded, she said. "Since we have one here we might as well make use of him." Enrel didn't comment as she flipped to the next page and looked at him using the corner of her eye.

The corner of Reiki's eye twitched, he said. "Why am I a human? In a house owned by elves, the one responsible for picking what to eat?" Melanor waved her hand in dismissal and said. "Minor details." Moranor let out a chuckle while Enrel flipped to the next page. Reiki let out a sigh and said. "What do you… Girls want to eat? Any specific cravings recently? Spicy, savory, sweet? Or maybe even something sour by any chance?"

Melanor placed a hand on her chin and started thinking. Enrel was in the middle of reading a page and said. "I'm fine with whatever is decided." Her eyes were going from left to right as she read sentence after sentence. Moranor turned her head to face him, she said. "Can you make lasagna?" A small smile appeared on Reiki's face, he said. "Lasagna… Haven't had that in a while…" Moranor was annoyed by his response as she flicked his forehead.

[System: User has received 2 Damage.]

Moranor said. "Can you make it or not!?" Melanor moved the hand on her chin, she said. "Ooh, Italian… But doesn't that dish contain meat?" Moranor was about to say something but stopped when she heard Reiki speak. He said. "I can, and I can also make a vegetarian version as well." Moranor's eyes brightened up, she turned her head to face her mother, she said. "We should forc- have him make both of them so we can compare."

Enrel flipped to the next page and commented. "I agree with her statement." Melanor looked at her daughter who was doing her puppy dog eyes. Melanor let out a short sigh and said. "I get it, I get it. We'll have him make both." Moranor had a big bright smile on her face as she stood up from the couch and said. "Yes!" Melanor let out a chuckle, she said. "You do realize you're going to have to make both of those for him."

Moranor froze on the spot, while Enrel let out a chuckle. Reiki raised his hand which got everyone's attention as their eyes were on him. He said. "On the topic of food, the dessert should have been ready a few minutes ago, I placed it in the fridge in the good kitchen so the chocolate would've hardened sooner."

Enrel closed the book in her hands, she said. "No, it wasn't." Reiki turned his gaze onto Enrel, she continued. "I took… A look inside and found nothing." Reiki had a confused look on his face, he turned his head towards Moranor who sat back down on the couch, he said. "Did you move it to the fridge over here?" Moranor shook her head sideways, she said. "No, I didn't. I did everything that you did and placed it in the same fridge."

All three of them turned their heads toward Melanor as she kept a straight face. Enrel narrowed her eyes as she glared at her, Moranor let out a frustrated sigh and massaged her forehead. Reiki turned his head to look at both of their expressions. Turning his head towards Melanor, he said. "Melanor-san… Did you eat all of them?..." Melanor closed her eyes and said. "Indeed I did."

An odd look appeared on his face, Reiki said. "That was two large bowls worth of strawberries, a large bag of marshmallows, and four and a half bars of dark chocolate…" Melanor lazily rolled his eyes at him, she said. "And your point is?" Reiki scratched the back of his head and hesitantly said. "I know this isn't my place to say this but… Are you going to be alright? If you keep eating like this you're gonna get fat." Melanor's eyes widened with disbelief all over her face.

Enrel closed the book she was reading, she turned around and tried her best to suppress her laughter as she let out a few giggles that were getting louder. Moranor's eyes widened as a large grin grew on her face, she placed a hand over her to hide her mouth. She faked a cough and tried her best to put on a nonchalant expression but a small grin kept forming on her face from time to time.

The edge of Melanor's eye twitched, she took a deep breath to compose herself. She said. "T-Thank you for your concern. But I make sure to watch what I eat." Enrel's giggling became louder while the grin on Moranor's face was growing. Reiki placed a hand behind his head and said. "Is that so?" Speaking through gritted teeth, Melanor said. "Positive! Now can we stop talking about my weight!" Enrel stopped suppressing her laughter as Moranor also started giggling with a handover her mouth.

Melanor glared at both of them, she stared at her daughter and said. "Shock him on my behalf." Melanor disappeared on the couch on Moranor's right and appeared right behind Enrel who was too busy laughing to notice. Melanor touched the edge of Enrel's sleeve as she was bathed in lightning and started screaming from the top of her lungs.

Moranor stared at it for a few seconds and turned her head to the left to face Reiki. She said. "Better me than mom." Reiki quickly stood up and tried to run but was easily caught by Moranor. She said. "This won't hurt a bi- who am I kidding? I'll make sure this hurts." Her hand that she used to hold onto him was bathed in lightning as it surrounded Reiki.

[System: User has received 821 lightning Damage.]

[System: User has received 901 lightning Damage.]

[System: User has received debuff Muscle Spasm.]

Reiki lost his balance as he fell back onto the couch and slightly twitched. Moranor let go of him as he looked at his hands that were constantly twitching as a couple of strings of lightning traveled around the palm of his hands. He tried to move his legs that felt numb but couldn't even lift them off the ground. Reiki tried to slowly take a deep breath, he said. "Y-You could have made it look bad instead of shocking me with enough voltage to stop my h-heart."

Moranor stared at her index finger that had a string of lightning going around it, she said. "I thought about it, but it wouldn't be as fun to shock you." Reiki spoke under his breath saying. "Sadist…" Moranor turned her head to face him, with narrowed eyes she said. "Say it again. I dare you." The lightning around her index finger grew larger as it started making crackling noises.

Both of them turned their heads to see Melanor sat back down on Moranor's right while Enrel was left standing in front of a shelf as she used a hand to keep herself standing. Her hair was in a complete mess as a few strings of lightning traveled around her entire body, she lightly trembled as she quickly used her free hand to rummage through her pockets and pulled at a small vial with red liquid inside. Reiki seeing this thought. That's a…

Enrel used her thumb to flick the black cap off and emptied the vail. She slowly took a few deep breaths as she moved her hand away from the shelf and stood on her own two feet. Enrel turned her head and glared at Melanor, Enrel said. "This is the second time you've done this today!" Moranor turned her head to look at Reiki as both of them had an odd look on their faces. Moranor gave him a meaningful look, Reiki let out a long sigh. He said. "S-Second time?" Both of them turned their heads towards Enrel who had an enraged look on her face and was staring daggers at Melanor.

Enrel slowly inhaled through her nose and exhaled from her mouth, she said. "I hope you won't be surprised by my reimbursement." Melanor lazily waved her hand at her and said. "Yes, yes. Just send it through the usual place and it'll be delivered to your doorstep in a day or so." Enrel gritted her teeth as her eyes slowly started to glow as the mana in the room started to become heavy. The room turned darker as the mana around Enrel became visible, Reiki thought. The air got heavy…

He turned his head to see Moranor was slightly pale and was breathing faster. Melanor lazily said. "What? Do you want a fight? Let me remind you that you've never once won against either of us." Enrel clenched her hands into fists as the room turned back to normal. She took a deep breath and said. "I'll remember this."

Melanor turned her head to face her with a smirk slowly growing on her lips, she said. "You always say that. From when I stole all your homework and gave it to the teacher and claimed it as mine, to when I always made you pay for everything if the bill gets too expensive. Yet you never do anything about it." Moranor and Reiki gave her an odd stare as Enrel froze completely still. Enrel started chuckling to herself as she started laughing. Melanor's expression turned dark, she said. "What's so funny?" Enrel stopped herself from laughing and said. "I was being nice to you all this time but…"

She rummaged through her pocket and pulled out a brown pouch. Enrel searched for something in the brown pouch and took out a picture with the white side facing them. With a cruel smile on Enrel's face, she waved the picture sideways and said. "Remember back then behind the school a certain… Someone confessed something to you?"

Melanor placed a hand on her chin and had a confused look all over her face. Enrel continued. "Since you couldn't accept a certain someone, the only thing you did was give the individual a memory they would never forget. A hot steamy night." Melanor let out a mocking chuckle and said. "Too bad, E- her majesty knew about it and allowed me to sate her for the night." Enrel coldly laughed and said. "Then what about that time at the bar? With your 'husband' dead you sat there every night and drank yourself to sleep for six months. The individual just 'coincidentally' met you one night… I wonder if her majesty knew about this?"

Enrel stopped moving the picture and took out another one and held both of them using a single hand. Melanor tried her best to keep her straight face from cracking, she said. "S-So even you have misinformation from time to time. T-That's a surprise."

Moranor looked at both of the elf's expressions, and turned her head to face Reiki. Moranor said. "I don't get it." Reiki had a weird look on his face, he looked at Enrel and said. "Can you give me a hint about the… Individual?" Enrel kept her gaze on Melanor, Enrel said. "Hmmm… I'll just say they have a nice fanny." As she let out a giggle. Reiki's expression turned odd as his eyes looked like they were about to pop off his head. He thought. Wouldn't that mean that the queen is-. 

Moranor grabbed his sleeve and said. "I don't get it! Explain it so I can understand!" Moranor's eyes glowed as she was about to shock him again. Lightning appeared by her shoulder and was getting closer to him when all of a sudden she stopped as her eyes turned back to normal by hearing her mother speak. Melanor said. "What do you need during your stay here? Just say the word and I'll be sure to provide it."

8