Chapter 109: Quota
150 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ketsueki glanced at the clothes Namida was wearing, Ketsueki said. "Why are you wearing those clothes? Your flat chest wasn't enough to convince everyone you know you're a guy?" Namida stopped herself from eating a potato chip in her hands, Sachi raised her hand as all the sodas on the table floated as Namida banged on the table. Namida said. "Fuck off! Not every girl is as well endowed as you! The maids just forgot to do the laundry yesterday!" 

Namida crossed her arms as she let out a hmph, Sachi said. "So leader, what are we going to do for today's quota?" Ketsueki thought for a moment, Namida spoke under her breath. "When those sacks of meat are sagging, I'll like to see how your precious little brother will treat you."

Sachi aimed at Namida's forehead and flicked at it, a small wind bullet hit her. Namida stood up From her seat as the center of her forehead slightly turned red. Namida said. "You wanna fight! You snobby rich! Half off cow! Fake royalty! Wanna be, little shit!" A faint outline of a dark figure appeared behind Namida as her brown pupils turned black. 

Sachi flashed her a sweet smile as she reached into her pocket, the two of them rushed at each other's throats but stopped when they heard Ketsueki clap once. Both of them sat back down and went back to eating. Ketsueki said. "All done?" Sachi nodded and said. "Just a little friendly argument, the usual as you know." Namida lazily rolled her eyes at them, she said. "Like I could kill either of you since that would mean having to look for other people to deal with me."

The atmosphere in the room went back to normal as the three of them ate the snacks on the table, Ketsueki glanced at it and said. "Who's idea was it to buy this much?" Namida and Sachi glanced at each other, Sachi was about to say something but stopped. Sachi placed a hand on her chin and said. "I don't know… Namida and I waited for you for a few minutes here. We decided to buy something to eat and went our separate ways…"

Namida looked around and saw they barely made a dent despite the constant eating. Ketsueki waved her hand, she said. "We'll put that small problem on hold, for now…" Ketsueki moved her gaze onto Namida who was drinking her bottle of soda, Ketsueki said. "Namida, make sure to tell them, we're searching for a few businesses and the two hits." Namida said. "Under the table?"

Ketsueki flashed her a smile, she said. "You know it." Namida smiled and stood up from her seat, she said. "Yes! Momma needed a few things today." Ketsueki rolled her eyes at Namida while Sachi started laughing and banging the table with her hand. Sachi said. "Can you call yourself a momma with a chest like that?" Ketsueki laughed but managed to stop herself but was letting out a giggle here and there while Sachi didn't even bother hiding her laughter. 

Namida gritted her teeth as she was about to shout something, Ketsueki stopped her by waving her hand at Namida. Ketsueki said. "Shout at her later, right now go to the front and steal the missions before they get posted on the board." Namida let out a scoff, she pointed at Sachi and said. "This isn't over."

Sachi waved at her as Namida walked out of the door and closed it behind her, Ketsueki looked around the table filled with snacks. Ketsueki took out a black pouch and started taking snacks off the table, Sachi stopped herself from eating a plantain chip and said. "With the amount of money you saved up, you're still being cheap." Ketsueki continued to steal some snacks, she said. "The money I saved up is pocket change compared to one of you, let alone the both of you" As she gave Sachi a meaningful smile. Sachi laughed and said. "I guess that is true."

______________________________________________________

Melanor's Kitchen

Elora was sitting next to her daughter and on the opposite side of the table was Melanor and her daughter. On top of the table was a large plate of a mountain of freshly fried karaage on a bed of vegetables and a couple of glass pitchers of water. Reiki was passing them a large bowl of steaming hot rice, a pair of wooden eating utensils, and empty glasses. "Eat up." As he searched for the fridge for something.

The entire kitchen was filled with herbs and the smell of chicken as the four elves started eating. Enrel appeared by the door, before she could say anything she smelled the food and said. "Got room for one more?" Reiki, who was making a few simple sauces, said. "Grab a bowl, fill it up with rice and eat." Enrel walked next to Reiki and quickly took a bowl from a shelf, Enrel stared at the new rice cooker and said. "How do you work this thing?" Reiki pressed a button on the handle and opened it and revealed a large amount of steaming hot rice. Enrel served herself rice in her wooden bowl.

Enrel walked to the table and sat next to Moranor, Reiki who was holding a mini-tray walked to the table and placed down three bowls filled with sauce. Reiki pointed at them one by one and said. "The yellow one is honey mustard, the green one is avocado ranch and the pinkish one is mayo mixed with hot sauce." He turned around and picked up a wooden bowl next to the rice cooker and thought. Her connections are impressive… It's the newest model too… 

He opened the rice cooker and placed a large amount of rice in his bowl, when he walked back to the table all three of the sauces were already half emptied. Reiki was about to walk past Enora who grabbed him by the collar of his tunic and forced him to sit next to her. Moranor glared at Enora while Enrel, Melanor, and Elora pretended to not see them fight.

All the elves continued with their meal. All the elves were using the spoon and fork to dissect the karaage into bite-size pieces and dipped it in the honey mustard. Compared to Reiki who was just inhaling his food, Elora said. "Reiki make sure to give Melanor the recipe for these sauces too." Reiki nodded and said. "Along with the cream puff." Elora nodded at him and said. "Appreciated." She was about to take a bite of the karaage on her fork when Elora remembered something, She said. "I also need you to spare some time after this." 

Reiki was already stuffing his face with food, as he nodded in agreement. Enora poured her glass some water and took a sip, she said. "What do you need Reiki for?" As she went back to eating, Moranor started listening intently while Melanor and Enrel were enjoying the food. Elora picked up her glass of water and took a sip, she casually said. "He's helping us with the downfall of the Haemir household." Melanor and Enrel continued eating as if what she said was normal, Enora was surprised for a moment before she nodded.

Moranor almost dropped the spoon and fork she was holding, she swallowed the food in her mouth. Moranor moved her gaze onto Reiki who was eating at a steady pace, she said. "Is this about the backdoor about that formation?" Reiki nodded as he was about to say something but couldn't because of his mouthful. Moranor picked up the pitcher of water and filled his glass, he picked it up and downed it in one go. 

Reiki let out a satisfied sigh and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand missing some spicy mayo on the corner of his mouth. Reiki said. "That sums it up." As he went back to eating, Enora who was sitting next to him said. "Reiki look over here." While chewing he looked at Enora who used her thumb to wipe off the mayo on his mouth and tasted it. The sound of wood snapping came from Moranor's right hand as she glared at Enora.

Melanor wiped her mouth with a napkin, she looked at him and said. "What about the range? Do we have to be a certain distance? Or do we have to wait until the formation is partially active?" Reiko placed the wooden spoon and form on top of the bowl that still had some rice in it, he shook his head and said. "Nope, the moment the formation activates you can immediately force it off. As for the range…" He pretended to think and continue. "As long as the remote is in this town it'll work." 

Enrel was holding the wooden bowl with her left hand and had a spoon on her right, she pointed the spoon at him and said. "What makes you so confident?" Reiki moved his gaze onto Enrel and said. "I know it makes you a bit wary since all you have is my word for it. But I can guarantee you the remote will work if you want to, give me another formation and do some minor alterations and make a remote for it."

Melanor elbowed Enrel's ribs which made her wince, Elora coughed and said. "That won't be necessary." Moranor and Enora didn't even react as if they were used to seeing this. Elora straightened her posture and said. "Y-Yeah just wanted to make sure you were confident." Melanor took the spoon her daughter was holding that was snapped in half, her hands faintly glowed as the wooden spoon was back in one piece. Melanor gave it back to her daughter who aggressively stabbed a piece of karaage that was in her bowl.

______________________________________________________

In A Large Office

Ketsueki was sitting on a comfortable chair by a large wooden desk, she had her feet up on the desk. Behind the desk was a man wearing a tailored suit and was kneeling. He looked at the floor with a few cold sweats on his forehead, the man slowed his breathing down forcefully for fear of agitating the woman on his seat. Ketsueki pulled out her smartphone and tapped a couple of times as a picture of the man kneeling appeared on the screen along with private information. 

Ketsueki said. "Takahashi Hiroshi." The man completely froze, Ketsueki continued. "Born on February second. The oldest child with two younger siblings, both of them being female. Age thirty-six. Married at the young age of twenty-two, to a woman who was formerly from the Sato family with a given name of Aiko." The man swallowed his saliva and slowly inhaled as he gathered the courage to say. "I-I'll pay your group triple of what I promised-."

Ketsueki interrupted him, she said. "Eldest son is twelve years old, a daughter who turned two a few days ago and another child underway." The man was stunned by what she said, Ketsueki continued. "Though I'm certain the third child is more of an accident, but let's put that on hold." Ketsueki moved her feet away from the desk and sat up straight, she glared at the man and said. "You should know why I'm here?" The man started to shake, he said. "I can-." 

Ketsueki raised her hand which made him stop abruptly, she said. "You have two options. Option one, give up everything and you get to keep your family. Option two, your entire family suddenly vanished the next day as if they never existed in the first place. And by the looks of your family's profile." She flashed him a sweet smile which sent shivers down his spine, Ketsueki continued. "Innocence alone goes for a high price." Ketsueki pocketed the smartphone as she waited for his answer. The man quickly said. "¥342,000,000! T-That's how much I can liquidate in an hour!"

The door suddenly opened as Sachi, who had a sweet smile on her face was dragging a male body that was brutally tortured. While Sachi walked toward Ketsueki, the body she was dragging left a trail of blood. Sachi stood just in front of the man kneeling as she let go of the tortured body. The kneeling man stared at the body in complete disbelief, he noticed almost every inch of the body that was lying on the floor was covered in wounds. 

Below the injured man a pool of blood quickly formed, he had cuts, holes, and some parts of his flesh that looked like it was ripped off. The kneeling man smelled something as the injured man rolled over letting out a moan filled with pain, revealing just above his elbow his right hand was brutally ripped off showing bits of mauled flesh. And just above his right knee was the same result, bits of flesh looked like it was mauled off, the limbs that were cut off were cauterized to the point it was completely burnt black along with the bone. The injured man's face had shards of glass stuck to his and had been disfigured.

Ketsueki moved her gaze onto Sachi as she glanced at the body, Ketsueki said. "Did you get their assets?" Sachi nodded, she said. "It was easy, he just decided to play hooky at the start. It only took me five minutes to break him." As she let out a loveable laugh, Ketsueki crossed her arms which made her large breasts pressed against each other. Ketsueki said. "Your sadistic side is showing." The man who was staring at the tortured barfed on the floor which both of them ignored, Ketsueki raised a brow and said. "What's taking Namida so long?" 

Namida appeared by the doorway that was left open, she said. "You rang?" Namida was wielding a red katana on her right while holding the sheath with her left, she walked toward Ketsueki as drops of blood from the katana dripped onto the floor. Namida said. "Since they were B-rank I wanted to play with them, who knew they were so fragile that all twelve of them couldn't last a single swing."

Namida swung her red katana to the left as a streak of blood splattered on the wall, the red katana in her hands turned into pure white as Namida carefully placed it back into the sheath. Namida said. "How much did we steal from this one?" Ketsueki pointed at the man who barfed on the floor. He looked pale as he struggled to get up but failed because his legs were violently shaking. The man said. "¥800,000,000! I'll sell everything! My house, my business, I-I also have a few accounts I hid away! J-Just give me an hour! No! Thirty minutes! In thirty minutes I-I'll wire the money into the account!" 

Ketsueki slowly stood up from her seat, she stared at the man with an indifferent expression and said. "Thirty minutes, go a second past it if you're lucky you'll be dead. If not Sachi will get her hands on you." Sachi flashed the man a sweet smile which made him shiver as he tried to stand and failed as he slipped on the injured man's blood.

Ketsueki said. "Let's go." As the three of them disappeared from the room. The man wearing the suit felt his heart beating out of his chest, he looked around the room for a moment before immediately taking out his phone and making a call.

______________________________________________________

Back At The Break Room

Ketsueki, Sachi, and Namida were sitting on chairs while eating. Sachi was using a calculator on her smartphone while the other two were opening snacks. Namida had a slight frown on her lips as she raised a brow, she said. "I think we're missing a few…" Sachi glanced at Ketsueki who opened a box of pocky and said. "Probably one of the other groups." Ketsueki moved her gaze onto Sachi, Ketsueki said. "How much is our cut?" 

While doing the math on her smartphone, Sachi said. "We have to surrender all the assets, the agency takes half, then our lovely commander who betrayed Namida by being well endowed just like you takes half. Split it three ways it totals into… About ¥241,600,000." Namida smiled as she opened another bottle of soda, she said. "Not bad for a day of playing around and searching." Sachi pocketed her smartphone and looked at Ketsueki, Sachi said. "Cash and in brown envelopes?" While eating a stick of pocky, Ketsueki nodded.

Namida took a sip of the soda in her hands, she said. "You're still doing that?" Ketsueki rolled her eyes at Namida as she opened a bottle of water and took a sip. Ketsueki said. "How am I supposed to explain to the banks that I make an average of ¥80,000,000 a day? Even with Shiro's school expenses and the things I need for my meditation, I barely have any room to hide the boxes. I even considered renting a storage room just to put it in." Namida let out a chuckle and said. "Can you just imagine it? A storage room filled with boxes with those boxes filled with cash." 

Sachi was thinking of something as she placed a hand on her chin, Sachi said. "Then isn't those loan sharks disappearing a good thing? They always used to monitor your bank account but now you can always do what Namida and I do. Multiple accounts." Ketsueki moved her gaze onto Sachi, Ketsueki said. "How do those things work anyway?"

Ketsueki passed the box of pocky she opened to Sachi, Sachi took a couple of sticks and said. "It's nothing complex, all you have to do is open multiple accounts under your name and deposit a certain amount on each of them." Namida took a sip of her soda and said. "And make sure to write down the passwords for those, I almost forgot one that had about ¥230,000,000."

Ketsueki placed the box of pocky in the middle of the table, she said. "And what am I supposed to say when they ask where the money is from?" Namida was about to take a bite of the pocky in her hands but stopped, she said. "Then why don't you start a company? When the banks ask, just say it's money from investors." Ketsueki slightly frowned, she said. "I don't know anything about running a company." Before the conversation could continue, Sachi said. "That's enough of that. We've already finished our quota for the day and I want to relax."

______________________________________________________

Melanor's Kitchen

Reiki was washing the dishes while Moranor was standing beside him drying them with a cloth. The other elves were leisurely sitting on their seats while eating cream puffs along with a cup of hot chocolate. Moranor was glancing at the plate of cream puffs that was slowly getting smaller. Reiki said. "I'll do the rest of the dishes, you can eat if you want to." Moranor was surprised, she looked at him and moved her gaze onto her seat. Moranor said. "Are you sure?" 

Reiki nodded as he washed a wooden plate, he said. "Yes, I'm sure. You've been staring at those cream puffs for a good two minutes now." Moranor smiled at him and said. "Thank you." As she ruffled his unkempt and messy hair. Moranor placed down the cloth she was holding near the sink as she walked to her seat and started eating. Elora glanced at Melanor and nodded, Melanor stood up from her seat while Elora said. "Reiki, I need you to come with me for a few minutes." Elora glanced at Enora and Moranor who were eating and said. "I'll be borrowing him for a moment or two."

Elora turned her head to glare at Enrel who was enjoying her cream puff and hot chocolate, Elora said. "You too." Enrel let out an exaggerated sigh and said. "Am I even needed? Can't I just-?" Elora waved her hand as Enrel cup of hot chocolate solidified and turned into a solid piece of chocolate. Enrel stared at Elora who was enjoying her cream puff, Enrel stabbed the solid chocolate in her cup as it shattered into four equal pieces. 

Enrel picked them up and looked at Reiki, Enrel said. "Let's go." She started eating one of the four pieces of chocolate and appeared behind Reiki. Enrel said. "Dry your hands, I already have everything you need." She turned her head to look at the three elves at the table and said. "We'll be back before long." As the two of them vanished. Melanor walked toward the sink and started doing the dishes, Moranor continued to enjoy her dessert while her daughter looked at her with an odd look. Enora said. "I thought you said you were going to borrow him?" Elora nodded and said. "I did borrow him. I just didn't go with him."

______________________________________________________

Second Floor Library

Enrel appeared near the table and chair while carrying Reiki with one hand. She placed him down and said. "Take half of the hundred platinum coins as a down payment and before you give the formations take the other half." Enrel rummaged through her pocket and took out a pouch and continued. "This has everything you need." She suddenly vanished leaving Reiki alone in the room. His eyes suddenly narrowed as a smile appeared on his face, he turned his head and said. "Revilor, glad to see you're on time."

7