Chapter 182: Pills
81 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuki's eyes lit up like stars, she playfully punched Shiro on the shoulder and said. "What kind of croquettes?" Shiro managed to move her eyes from the tv and said. "It has…" With her mouth open, she thought. I-I don't know what's inside it! Shiro pretended to clear her throat as Yuki stared at her with excited eyes. Shiro continued. "I-It has melted cheese inside and a crunchy coating!" A smile subconsciously formed on Mio's face, she thought. She gave up. Yuki quickly rummaged through the pocket of her skirt as she slowly frowned and said. "Where is it?"

Mio and Shiro watched Yuki stand up from the couch as her brows furrowed in confusion. Yuki's face lit up as she grabbed the hem of her skirt and lifted it revealing sports shorts underneath it. Mio let out a long tired sigh as she placed a hand on her forehead, she said. "Yuki, as a friend please stop doing things like this." Shiro nodded in agreement, she said. "The stick in the mud is right, Yuki." Mio had a look of disbelief on her face as she looked at Shiro's mischievous expression.

Yuki rummaged through the pockets of the sports shorts with her right hand, with a big smile she said. "It's fine, there's no one here but us. What's there to hide between us three when we already shared a bath a few times?" Mio rolled her eyes at Yuki and said. "We were at an onsen with other females and towels." Yuki took out a pouch from her pocket, she said. "Found it." She started rummaging through the pouch, Yuki glanced at Mio and said. "Mio, take out your bento." Mio shook her head sideways, she spoke under her breath and said. "Why do I even bother?"

The corner of her mouth curves into a smile while Yuki elbowed Shiro in the ribs and said. "You too, Shiro." Shiro gave her a nod, she said. "Yeah, yeah." She took out an ocean blue pouch and rummaged through it. Yuki took out a bento from her pouch as she placed it on the coffee table and pocketed her pouch. Yuki excitedly watched her friends place their bentos onto the coffee table as Shiro and Mio pocketed their pouches. The three girls grabbed the lid of their bentos as they spoke in unison. "Three. Two. One." They simultaneously removed the lid of their bentos revealing their meals.

Inside Shiro's bento were six large pieces of croquettes with a generous amount of tartar sauce on each piece, a bed of warm white rice, and a side of pickled vegetables. Yuki's bento had two large hamburger steaks, a large bed of white rice, a soft-boiled egg with a runny yolk cut in half, steamed broccoli, and asparagus. Mio's bento had three pan-seared sesame-crusted tuna, a few onigiris with pickled plum, wieners shaped onto octopus, and cherry tomatoes with some sliced cabbage. Yuki quickly clapped her hands together, she excitedly said. "Itadakimasu!" Shiro and Mio followed suit, they said. "Itadakimasu."

The three girls eagerly extended their hands halfway toward their bentos and stopped. Mio stared at their hands and said. "We forgot our chopsticks…" Shiro blinked twice and said. "Hmm…" Yuki stared at the food with a hint of drool coming from the corner of her mouth as she looked like a dog that was told to sit, she said. "Why are we talking?" The three of them quickly took out their pouches from their pockets and as they hurriedly placed brought out a pair of chopsticks.

Yuki used her chopsticks to cut one of the two large hamburger steaks, she said. "I can only give you one-third of it because of my diet." She placed it on Shiro's bento on top of the rice while Shiro traded it with one of the croquettes in her bento. Mio used her chopsticks to pinch one of the sesame-crusted tuna onto Shiro's bento. Mio placed it beside the hamburger steak, she said. "Here's something to balance out your meal." Shiro placed a croquette onto her friend's bento as it emitted some steam. The three girls picked up a croquette using their chopsticks as they took a bite.

It had plenty of melted cheese in the middle as it stretched as the girls looked in bliss while eating. Yuki ate the stretched-out cheese as she placed the croquette in her bento and ate a few mouthfuls of rice using chopsticks. Mio picked up an onigiri using her left hand as she took a bite out of it and pursed her lips from the sourness of the plum. Shiro put the croquette down in her bento and ate some pickled vegetables, the three of them gulped down a mouthful of food and let out a long satisfied sigh.

Shiro placed her chopsticks on the side of her bento as she stood up from her seat which got the attention of her two friends. Shiro said. "I'll get us some water." Mio placed her onigiri in her bento and said. "Need our help?" Shiro shook her head sideways, she said. "Onee-chan would scold me for letting guests do work." Yuki wiped some tartar sauce on the corner of her mouth using her thumb, she licked it off and said. "Shiro… Can you even lift the pitcher?..." Shiro immediately looked up to stare at the ceiling, she said. "I'll make two trips with the glasses."

Mio and Yuki glanced at each other as they placed their chopsticks on their bentos and stood up from the couch. Yuki flexed her left arm and said. "I'll carry the pitcher." Mio took out a silk handkerchief from her pocket and wiped her mouth clean, she said. "I am curious to see what kind of magic happens in the kitchen." Shiro smiled brightly at her friends and said. "Thank you." The three girls made their way toward the fridge while Yuki glanced at Mio and said. "Mio, have you already eaten your share of calamari and onion rings yet?"

The three of them quickly made it to the makeshift kitchen as they stopped in the middle. Shiro stared at the cabinets high above the sink. Mio glanced at Yuki and said. "And you ate yours when you got home." Yuki had a hint of expectation in her eyes, she said. "I asked you first." Mio rolled her eyes at her and said. "I reheated mine for dinner." Yuki and Mio moved their gaze onto Shiro who was staring at the cabinet for a few seconds. Mio poked Shiro's shoulder which got her attention, Mio said. "Shiro, where are the cups?"

Shiro pointed at the cabinets way above their reach as they stared at them in silence. Mio placed a hand on her chin and said. "I see…" Shiro moved her hand back to her side while Yuki excitedly raised her hand with sparkling eyes. Yuki said. "I have an idea!" Mio and Shiro moved their gaze onto their friends while Yuki continued. "Shiro gets onto your shoulders and I lift you both up on mine!" Yuki kneeled on the floor as she gestured at her friends to hurry up, she said. "Just think of this as that one class in physical education."

Shiro had a look of worry on her face while Mio placed a hand on her hip. Mio said. "What if Shiro gets hurt?" Yuki stood up as she wiped some dirt on her knee and said. "Then I get onto your shoulders and Shiro lifts both of us." Shiro's expression instantly changes from worry into horror as she turns a few shades paler. Mio let out a sigh and shook her head sideways, she said. "Do you have a plan that doesn't involve lifting?" Yuki opened her mouth but didn't say anything as she crossed her arms and said. "You're no fun."

Mio placed a hand on Shiro's shoulder in an attempt to comfort her. Mio said. "Shiro, don't worry. The fitness nut has too much energy…" Shiro gave her a nod as her skin returned to the natural unhealthy white color. Mio pointed at the cabinets above the sink using her thumb, she said. "How do your siblings set the table?" Shiro glanced at the cabinets that were a part of the sink and said. "Onii-chan moved the plates from the bottom to the top."

Yuki crossed her arms and said. "Then how does Reiki get the plates?" Shiro thought for a bit and said. "Onii-chan does a standing jump onto the sink." Mio and Yuki had odd expressions on their faces while Shiro gave them an innocent look. Mio faked a cough and said. "How about one of us helps someone up on the sink while the third one should be on standby in case one of us falls." Shiro let out a sigh of relief, she said. "Thank you, Yuki. For making all the plans." Yuki let out a hmph while pouting, she said. "Then who's going to be the stool?"

Mio had a smile on her face, she said. "It should be the strongest." Shiro and Mio stared at Yuki as she let out a sigh. Yuki said. "... Fine…" She made her way to the sink and kneeled on the floor with her back against it. Mio gave Shiro a meaningful look which made her reel back a bit, Shiro said. "W-What is it?" Mio poked her friend's cheek and said. "Since you can't lift a small box of miscellaneous items… And you're the only one who took off their socks." She glanced at the cabinets above the sink Shiro puffed her cheeks and said. "... Fine…" She walked in front of Yuki and took her white indoor slippers off.

Shiro stepped onto Yuki's right thigh and said. "Sorry, Yuki." Yuki let out a chuckle and said. "It's fine, I always do the heavy lifting." Shiro used her other foot to step onto Yuki's shoulder while Mio made her way to them and placed a hand on her back. Mio said. "Shiro, be careful." Shiro managed to get onto the sink as she grabbed the handle of the cabinets and slowly opened it. Inside the cabinet were plates and glasses neatly organized as Shiro grabbed one and passed it to Mio who placed it on the other side of the sink.

Shiro passed a couple more glasses to Mio and closed the cabinet as she slowly got down by slowly stepping onto Yuki's shoulder. Shiro put on the white indoor slippers as she raised both her hands in victory, she said. "We did it!" Yuki stood up as she dusted off some dirt on her clothes, she said. "It wasn't as fun as lifting." Mio placed the two glasses on the other side of the sink along with the first one, she looked at her friends and said. "Shiro, where's the pitcher?" The three of them were enveloped in awkward silence as they simultaneously moved their gaze onto the cabinets.


Inside A Cafe

Namida, Sachi, and Ketsueki sat around a round wooden table with an empty chair on Ketsueki's right and Sachi's left. They sat near the wall close to the display of baked goods where a female cashier stood behind it. Behind the cashier was a pane showing the kitchen that could be open from both sides with a couple of cooks inside. Sachi was browsing through the menu while Namida was on her smartphone. Ketsueki let out a yawn as she covered her mouth with her hand while Sachi finally placed the menu down.

Sachi raised her hand as the female behind the cashier made their way toward their table. Namida pocketed her phone and let out a chuckle, she said. "Finally, it took you forever." The female stood beside their table as she took out a notebook and pen from her back pocket. She smiled at them and politely said. "May I take your order?" Sachi raised her index finger and said. "I'll have a cup of hot sencha, potato salad, tonkatsu sandwich, and your special overloaded parfait." Namida glanced at the employee, she said. "For me, It'll be a cup of matcha, three orders of fries, a large gyudon, and special parfait she ordered."

Ketsueki looked at the waitress and said. "Make those three parfaits. I'll have an egg sandwich with two large orders of fries on the side as for my drink iced cider will do." The woman quickly scribbled down their order as she gave them a small bow and said. "Coming right up." She made her way behind the counter and tore off a note from her notebook as she opened the window and passed it to them. One of the chefs picked it up while the waitress closed the window and faced the front of the store again.

Ketsueki looked around the small cafe with a simple design, she said. "Sachi… I'm fine with your recommendations… But did you have to extend an invitation to the commander?" Namida placed her hands behind her head and said. "Does it matter?" Ketsueki glanced at her and dryly said. "Only reason you said those words is that she promised to pay." Sachi waved her hand dismissively at them and said. "Now, now children. No fighting in public."

Sachi raised her hand to get the attention of the waitress behind the counter and said. "Can we get a glass of water for three?" The waitress flashed her a smile and said. "Of course." She made her way around the counter and opened the door leading into the kitchen. Sachi placed her hand on the table and tapped on it using her index finger, she continued. "And besides, we only have a little under three months and the leader will be a memory for us." Ketsueki fell into deep thought.

Namida placed her elbow on the table as she lazily rested her head on the palm of her hand, she said. "What are your plans after?" Sachi let out a cruel chuckle as the corner of her lips curved into a cold smile, she said. "I have no idea, but whatever it is, it'll be my choice." She slowly inhaled through her nose and forced herself to continue. "My… Parents don't have any choice in the matter." Namida glanced around the empty cafe and said. "I was already taught everything when I was young…"

She sat up straight as she leaned on the backrest of the chair and crossed her arms, she said. "They'll let me experience my life until I'm fit to take over." The two of them moved their gaze onto Ketsueki who was lazily sitting on her seat. Ketsueki raised a brow and said. "What? Never seen a woman with big boobs before?" The corner of Namida and Sachi's eyes twitched as the door that was on the side of the kitchen opened. The waitress walked out with a small tray with three tall glasses of water with ice as she made her way to their table.

The waitress placed a glass of water in front of them on the table and said. "Your order will be out in five minutes." The waitress made her way behind the counter and placed the tray somewhere behind it. Sachi cleared her throat and said. "Your plan is?" Ketsueki leaned on the backrest of her seat while Namida took a sip of water. Ketsueki stared at the ceiling and said. "There is none, the only reason why I got this job was money…" Namida tilted her glass of water as an ice cube went into her mouth.

She treated it as an ice chip while Sachi gave Ketsueki an understanding and said. "I know how you feel since I'm in a familiar boat." Namida rolled her eyes at them and said. "What's with this heavy atmosphere? All I'm hearing is that the sadist over there gets to do what she wants while I'll eventually get to be the head of my household." She spun the water in her glass causing the ice inside to spin while creating a small vortex. Namida continued. "Funbags on the other hand schedule looks like a blank slate."

She placed her glass on the table as she felt the cold glares from Sachi and Ketsueki. Namida awkwardly coughed and said. "E-Even then nothing will change for us, we'll still be eating sweets while we prepare for our trip to the mainland." The cold glares on her friends vanished as Namida let out a sigh of relief. Sachi glanced at Ketsueki while she gestured at Namida and said. "I agree with the washboard." Ketsueki nodded as she ran her index finger on the glass feeling the condensation, she said. "This is one of those occasions where the doormat is correct."

Namida gritted her teeth while she tried to maintain the smile on her lips and said. "On a different note. Ketsueki, why didn't you order more?" Sachi's brows furrowed as she gave her an odd look while grabbing her glass, she said. "Don't tell me it's one of those fasting diets again?" Ketsueki shook her head sideways as her eyes had a hint of anticipation, she said. "No, Reiki gave me extra croquettes in today's bento. I also enveloped it with my mana so the cheese stays melted." Namida rolled her eyes at her and said. "I forgot that croquettes are your favorite."

The window was opened from the kitchen's side as the man said. "Order's ready." The waitress quickly picked up the tray she placed somewhere as she placed hot tea and plates on it. She carefully made her way toward them as she held the tray with her right hand, she said. "Hot sencha, potato salad, and tonkatsu sandwich." The waitress placed them in front of Sachi while carefully handling the white porcelain cylinder-shaped teacup. She continued. "Matcha, three orders of fries, and a large gyudon." She placed down a large plate with a pile of fries on it with some ketchup on the side.

Another cylinder-shaped cup and a big bowl of gyudon with some red pickled ginger on the top, the waitress said. "Egg sandwich with two large orders of fries and cider with ice." The woman placed down a large plate with two sandwiches cut down the middle with the crust cut off beside a pile of fries and a tall glass of cider with ice. Ketsueki gave her a polite nod and said. "We'll eat our parfait after this." The waitress gave them a slight bow, she said. "Understood, please enjoy your meal." The woman made her way behind the counter while Ketsueki took out a pouch from her pocket.

Sachi picked up a fork as she started eating her potato salad. Namida picked up a couple of fries and dipped them in ketchup, she said. "If there's anything I do know is that your chest will sag when they get bigger during pregnancy."  Ketsueki took out a bento and a pair of chopsticks from her pouch as she placed them on the table while Sachi gave Namida a pitiful smile. Ketsueki took off the lid of her bento revealing eight large pieces of croquettes with a generous amount of tartar sauce on each piece, half the amount of rice compared to Shiro's bento, a small side of pickled vegetables, and thinly sliced cabbage.

While chewing on some fries Namida noticed the smile Sachi was giving her which pissed her off. Namida said. "What's with that look on your face?" Ketsueki used her chopsticks to pick up a croquette as she softly whispered. "Itadakimasu." She took a big bite out of it revealing plenty of melted cheese in the middle as it stretched. The three of them paused when they saw a familiar individual from the corner of their eye. Ahma was suddenly sitting in the empty chair as she was holding onto a half-eaten croquette. She adjusted the melted cheese onto the croquette using her hands and said. "Let me in the conversation, what's the meaning of that smile?"

Ketsueki's eyes were glued onto the croquette in Ahma's hands as she ate the rest of it in one go and picked up a napkin to wipe her lips clean. Ketsueki looked down at her bento and saw six untouched croquettes and one half-eaten pinched between her chopsticks. Ketsueki gave Ahma a dangerous glare and coldly said. "Who told you you could touch my croquettes?" Ahma lazily waved her hand at her, she said. "Your boy didn't bother going to school." Ketsueki's pupils dilated as she tried to keep her calm, she said. "What do you-." Ahma interrupted her and said. "We'll talk about that later. Sachi, continue."

Sachi gulped down a mouthful of potato salad and said. "Nothing much, Namida didn't know about chest pills for the pregnant." Namida's brows furrowed as she was about to take a sip of her hot matcha but placed it back down, she said. "What are-?" Ahma interrupted her and said. "All it does is prevent your breasts from growing bigger from controlling your hormones." She glanced at Ketsueki's large chest as she ate some rice in her bento. Namida dropped some fries back onto her plate and with a hint of desperation in her eyes, she said. "What kind of invention is that?!"

Sachi was holding onto her tonkatsu sandwich which had a bite taken out of it, she took a sip of her hot sencha and said. "I can answer that for you, it was made sometime during the medieval period. Where surgery was nonexistent, a woman from a well-off family was worried about ruining her perfect figure." She glanced at Ketsueki eating a croquette and continued. "And gathered alchemists to make a pill to prevent her breast from growing during-." Namida's eyes looked like they were spitting fire, she said. "It was a rhetorical question!" She looked down at her flat chest and glanced at Ketsueki who was enjoying her bento.

Ahma raised her hand and turned her head sideways to look at the woman behind the counter, she said. "I'll order one of every food item on the menu."

5