Chapter 213: Chocolate
65 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sachi’s ears perked up when she heard the word trade as she glanced at them from the corner of her eye. Reiki pretended to be clueless and said. “I already gave everything to you girls.” Mio slowly peeked behind the backrest of the couch while chewing as she hold onto an eclair. Shiro did the same as she was eating a millionaire shortbread like a hamster using both her hands. Yuki had her right arm on the backrest of the couch while half an eclair dangled from her mouth as she watched. Namida grabbed her friend's arm as the two of them made their way to the couch.

 

Ketsueki shook her head sideways and said. “No, you promised me one more thing.” Namida spoke in a whisper which got the three girls sitting on the couch attention, she said. “No one says anything that could hinder our chance.” Reiki stared at his older sister, he said. “The only answer I got from you was, surprise me.” Shiro had some crumbs on the corner of her mouth as she looked up to Namida and spoke in a soft one. Shiro said. “Why, Namida-nee?” Namida placed a hand on top of Shiro’s head as she slightly messed up her white hair and said. “If Ketsueki plays her cards right we’ll get elven chocolate.”

 

Shiro’s eyes lit up like stars while Yuki had a hungry look on her face. Ketsueki placed a hand on her little brother’s shoulder, she said. “Reiki, if you give me what I want. I’ll consider letting you off this one time.” Reiki kept a straight face and thought. Not until you finished chewing me out. Yuki quickly finished the eclair dangling in her mouth while Shiro still had some crumbs on her mouth. Shiro said. “So we also get to eat elven choco?”

 

Sachi wagged her index finger sideways and said. “Eat? No, Shiro. Reiki is going to give us our box of chocolate.” Ketseuki crossed her arms as she repeatedly tapped the front of her foot on the floor in intimidation and said. “Why do I get the feeling you’re thinking something I would give you another round of scolding again.” Reiki quickly took out his tattered pouch in his pocket and placed his right hand inside of it. Mio’s eyes slightly widened as she glanced at Reiki who was rummaging through his pouch as she moved her gaze back onto Namida and Sachi.

 

Mio said. “Is that fine? I still haven’t gone through half of the first box.” Yuki wiped her mouth using the back of her hand, she said. “I’ll shamelessly take my share.” Shiro and Mio turned their head toward their friend as Yuki returned the gaze and continued. “What? I already ate more than half of the first one.” Reiki took out three rectangular wooden boxes, he was about to pass them to his older sister as Ketsueki’s right hand blurred as the boxes he was holding vanished into thin air.

 

Ketsueki pretended to be upset as she stopped crossing her arms and placed her right hand on her hip, she said. “Only three?” Reiki quickly placed his hand back inside the pouch as he took out another two boxes of elven chocolate as it vanished in front of his eyes. Ketsueki placed a hand on top of his head as her lips curled into a smile, she said. “Now how about you go get something to eat-.” From the corner of her eye, she saw her two friends staring a hole through her and noticed Mio and Yuki’s innocent eyes on her.

 

Ketsueki saw the hopeful expression on Shiro’s face as she looked at her older sister. She moved her hand away from her little brother’s head and used her thumb to point at the girls by the couch and continued. “But first, give them some two.” She felt a slight tingle down her spine and thought. Is that how I look to Reiki when I’m scolding him? Reiki gave her older sister a nod, he said. “Yes, Onee-chan.” He made his way to the living room under the excited gaze of the girls were giving him as Ketsueki walked behind him.

 

Namida gave him a smile as she held out her right hand and said. “How many are you giving me?” Reiki stared at her for a couple of seconds, he said. “Does it even matter?” He placed his hand back into the pouch while Namida maintained the smile on her face, she continued. “Come on, technically speaking I helped your sister raise you.” Shiro gave her an odd look with furrowed brows while she finished off the millionaire shortbread in her hands. Sachi elbowed her in the ribs as she spoke in a slightly sarcastic tone, she said. “Didn’t you ignore all the kids you encountered when you were younger?”

 

Yuki placed more eclairs on her small plate as she picked up a millionaire shortbread, she inspected it while holding it between her index finger and thumb. Mio stole glances at Reiki while finishing off an eclair while Shiro wiped the crumbs on her mouth using the back of her hand. Reiki took out five boxes and balanced them using his right hand as it immediately vanished from his grasp, he thought. How are they doing that? Namida gave him a thumbs up and said. “Next time your getting scolded I’ll take your side.”

 

Reiki rolled his eyes at her, he said. “If you were going to make a false promise, at least make it somewhat believable.” Namida made her way to the coffee table while waving her hand dismissively at him as she picked up another eclair. Sachi let out a scoff as she pointed at her while keeping her gaze on him, she said. “Reiki, can you believe how rude that guy is?” Reiki placed his hand inside the pouch and said. “I don’t mind, the boxers he’s wearing are probably in the wrong size.” He took out five wooden boxes.

 

Sachi snapped her fingers as they vanished from his grasp, she gave him a smile and said. “In my book, you're the most generous.” Reiki thought. I think you meant, biggest sucker. He returned the smile, Reiki said. “Thank you.” Shiro watched Namida chewing while she was holding an eclair, she said. “Namida-nee, where’s your small plate?” Sachi made her way to the coffee table as she placed another millionaire shortbread on her small plate along with a couple of eclairs. Namida waved her left hand as a clean small plate appeared in her palm, she said. “I don’t see the need for this when they’re finger food.”

 

Sachi made her way around the forest as she shook her head and slightly shook her head sideways, she said. “It’s called manners, something I think you need plenty of.” She sat on the armchair on the right of the tv. Reiki was standing on the side of the couch while Yuki finished off an eclair while staring at him, she said. “Five boxes of elven chocolate, please.” Reiki gave her a helpless smile and said. “Coming right up.” He placed his hand inside the tattered pouch and took out another five boxes.

 

Yuki quickly took out a pouch from her pocket as she stretched it wide enough for all the boxes to easily go inside. Reiki watched Yuki casually shoving the boxes into her over-stretched pouch and thought. Can my pouch do that? Yuki pulled on the string wrapped around the neck of the pouch as it slowly went back to normal, she gave him a big smile and said. “Thank you, Reiki. Your the coolest.” She pocketed the pouch while Reiki placed his hand back into the pouch, he said. “If you don’t mean it, might as well not say it.”

 

Yuki let out a shameless laugh as she reached out and grabbed another eclair. Reiki took out another five boxes and said. “Pass these to Mio.” Yuki grabbed them off his hands with one hand as she stared at them and glanced at Mio from the corner of her eye, she moved her gaze onto Reiki and said. “Mio said she doesn’t want these, can I-.” Before she could finish the boxes in her hands flew into the air as Mio took a pouch out from her pocket while giving her friend a disapproving look, she said. “I was only worried he didn’t have enough for us.”

 

The five boxes were floating in mid-air as Mio placed the small plate on her lap as she opened her pouch. Namida was holding onto a half-eaten eclair as she made her way beside Ketsueki who was standing behind Reiki while staring a hole through him. Namida elbowed her friends shoulder and said. “What are you doing? You’ve been staring at your little brother for a good three minutes.” Ketsueki raised her hand at her as a slightly irritated expression formed on her face, she said. “I’m trying to see how many boxes he has on hand.”

 

Sachi’s eyes perked when she heard the word boxes as she appeared on Ketsueki’s right. Sachi said. “So Reiki does have more.” Her lips curled into a greedy smile while Reiki who was standing right in front of them pretended not to hear, he thought. Knowing these three they might even rob me. Reiki tried to point in the direction of the kitchen but ended up pointing at his older sister, he said. “That’s all for the boxes.” Shiro's eyes widened in disbelief as she placed her small plate onto the coffee table that had a half-eaten shortbread and an eclair that had a bite taken out of it.

 

She quickly stood up from the couch and made her way toward Reiki as she wrapped her arms around him, she looked up to him and said. “O-Oniichan, what about Shiro?” Reiki stared at his little sister as he pinched her nose, he said. “You also have five boxes.” He saw Shiro’s eyes lit like stars as she spoke in an excited tone and said. “Then can I be the one to hide them?” Reiki moved his hand on top of his little sister's hair as he slightly ruffled her hair.

 

Ketsueki’s eyes slightly narrowed as she spoke in a whisper. “He gave away a total of thirty…” Reiki gave Shiro a smile and said. “No.” Shiro looked at him as if he was a stranger, she started stomping on the floor and flailing her arms around. Shiro said. “WHY!!!” Sachi had a curious look on her face as she slightly leaned closer to Ketsueki and said. “How many do you think he has?” Reiki picked up his little sister by placing his hand near her underarm as Shiro’s breathing was slightly out of breath.

 

Mio stared at her friend, she thought. It’s that easy to stop her? Yuki had some chocolate on the corner of her mouth as she stared at Shiro with a hint of shock and said. “Wait, that’s all it takes to stop her?” Ketsueki crossed her arms as she glanced at Sachi from the corner of her eye. Ketsueki said. “Now, I’m eighty percent sure he has more on him.” Namida pointed an eclair at her as the whipped cream inside slightly dripped down, she said. “We always have another way to find out if he has more or not.”

 

Reiki gave her little sister a helpless smile and said. “Better?” Shiro let out an exaggerated sigh as she went limp while being carried by her older brother, she said. “This is cruelty.” Ketsueki turned her head sideways and said. “We are not going to point a blade at my boy’s neck and suddenly start negotiating.” Reiki thought. What? He kept a straight face and slowly placed his little sister back on the ground, his gaze wandered onto Shiro’s belly which was slightly protruding. Reiki placed a hand on her stomach and said. “I think this.” He moved his hand away from her stomach and pointed at the sweets on the table.

 

Reiki continued. “And those are reason enough.” Shiro stared at her slightly inflated stomach while Yuki wiped the chocolate on the corner of her mouth using her thumb. Sachi’s eyes had a hint of instability in her eyes and said. “I mean, it’s not like we’re going to cu-. I mean harm him.” Mio was about to take a bit of the shortbread in her hands and saw Yuki reach out her hand to feel her friend's slightly pudgy belly. Mio almost dropped the shortbread onto the floor as she gave her friend a wide eye look, she said. “Yuki?!”

 

Yuki poked her friend's stomach a couple of times and said. “Yep, that is one big gut.” Shiro softly tapped her belly a couple of times, she said. “This is considered big?” Mio stared at both her friends with disbelief all over her eyes while Reiki was standing still. He thought. Now… How do I get out of this?... Ketsueki noticed the hint of frenzy in her friends' eyes, she thought. This girl takes her sweets too seriously. She shook her head sideways and said. “You two are insane.”

 

Reiki tried to take a step to the left as Ketsueki quickly placed a hand on his shoulder which made him jolt. He felt three pairs of gazes piercing through his entire body while slowly turning his head sideways, Reiki said. “W-What is it, Onee-chan?” Ketsueki stared into his eyes and said. “Reiki, how many boxes of chocolate do you have?” Reiki tried to keep a straight face, he said. “I already-.” Before he could spew out a sentence Ketsueki interrupted him and said, “None of us believe that excuse, Reiki.”

 

Mio scooted over closer to Yuki who was still poking Shiro’s protruding belly. Mio said. “How soft is it?” Reiki tried to escape from his older sister’s grasp and said. “I-.” He saw Ketsueki’s gaze turn cold as he quickly turned his head away and stared at the wall. Yuki glanced at her friend and said. “It’s similar to a rubbery marshmallow.” Mio slowly reached her hand out as she touched Shiro’s pudgy belly and thought. It’s… Oddly relaxing to poke… Ketsueki didn’t believe her little brother and said. “I don’t buy it, take out everything sweet the elves give you and place them on the table.”

 

Reiki didn’t say anything which confirmed Sachi’s and Ketsueki’s suspicions of him as their eyes had a hint of delight in them. Ketsueki tapped her little brother’s shoulder a couple of times, she continued. “I’m just making sure you don’t get any cavities.” Sachi moved Ketsueki’s hand away from Reiki’s shoulder and said. “Reiki, don’t worry. I’ll make sure she won’t take it from you.” Reiki glanced at Sachi from the corner of his eye and thought. Not unless you steal it first. Namida gave him a slight smile, she said. “Think of it this way, Reiki. The sooner you show us, the sooner you eat.”

 

Reiki’s stomach let out a loud grumble which made the two girls touching Shiro’s belly turn their heads onto him. Shiro had a hint of worry on her face and said. “Onii-chan, are you okay?” Reiki gave her little sister a nod, he said. “Yeah don’t worry. I still have Yuki’s fried chicken on me.” Mio had a hint of embarrassment on her face as she faked a cough and said. “Speaking of food, I did bring some cream puffs from my favorite cafe but we already ate them all.

 

Reiki gave her a smile, he said. “That’s fine, I don’t have much of a sweet tooth.” Sachi pretended to clear her throat as Reiki let out a sigh as he placed his hand inside the pouch and took out a large rectangular shape that was neatly wrapped in tinfoil. One of the edges was crumpled as it look like it was lazily placed back on, Ketsueki smelled the faint scent of the item her little brother was holding. She thought. Dark chocolate! She reached out her hand as Reiki placed the large silver bar behind his bag, he said. “Onee-chan?”

 

Sachi’s eyes were glued onto the large rectangular bar Reiki was hiding behind him, she kept her gaze on him and said. “Ketsueki… Was that what I think it was?” Ketsueki nodded, she said. “Yeah, dark chocolate and a lot of it.” Ketsueki maneuvered her way as he stood on his little brother's right while Sachi suddenly appeared on Reiki’s left. Reiki looked at them both with wary eyes and said. “Whatever happened to no touching?” Ketsueki slowly slid her right foot closer to him, she said. “We never said anything about that.”

 

Shiro stared at her two friends who were poking her stomach through her clothes and said. “How long are you two going to poke my belly for?” Mio moved her hand away as her eyes slightly widened, she said. “Sorry about that, It’s not every day your friend grows a stomach.” Sachi was slowly inching her way closer to Reiki as he took a step back every time either of them make a move. Yuki moved her hand away as she grabbed an eclair and said. “Shiro, are you planning on keeping that?” Shiro molded her pudgy belly with both her hands, she said. “No, I don’t think being weak and gaining a few pounds is a good idea.”

 

Namida watched her two friends trying to corner Reiki and thought. It’s moments like these I question her authority. She made her way to the armchair while she passed by the two large plates on the coffee table and grabbed an eclair and millionaire shortbread. Yuki grabbed an eclair and said. “Yeah, you already struggle in physical education already. I can only imagine you trying to drag around weight.” She let out a laugh, Yuki continued. “You might pass out from the heat.”

 

Namida turned the tv off using the remote while Yuki gave her an odd look and said. “Namida aneki?” Namida casually threw the remote toward the coffee table as it stopped a few inches above it and softly landed on it, she gave Yuki a smile and said. “Trust me when I say this.” She used her thumb to point at her two friends who were trying to corner Reiki and continued. “Those three will give us a better show.” Yuki had an unconvinced look on her face as she glanced at Reiki with his back slowly being corned against the wall as he tried to protect the large bar of dark chocolate wrapped in tinfoil. 

 

Mio was holding onto a millionaire shortbread as she watched Ketsueki and Sachi slowly moving closer to Reiki. Mio thought. Oh, that means I don’t have to pretend to watch tv. Shiro stared at the two plates still filled with baked goods as a hint of drool dripping down the corner of her mouth, she reached out and picked up an eclair while Yuki’s gaze. Yuki watched her friend happily taking a bite out of the eclair and said. “Shiro, at this rate you will gain weight.”

 

Shiro’s entire body slightly jolted as she gulped down a mouthful of food, she said. “D-Don’t worry, Onii-chan will make me a special diet for dinner.” Yuki was about to say something when Mio who had a hint of excitement in her eyes quickly tapped her friend's shoulder and said. “It’s starting.” Yuki turned her head sideways as she moved her gaze onto the two who were cornering Reiki’s back against the wall. Shiro sat back on the couch between her two friends as she also watched by looking above the backrest. 

 

Reiki was hiding the large bar of chocolate behind his back with his left hand extended to keep Sachi and Ketsueki away from him, he said. “Onee-chan, Sachi. If you two calm down I can-, no I’ll make milkshakes for everyone with elven chocolate being the main ingredient.” A hint of a gleam appeared on Ketsueki’s eyes as her lips curled into a smile, she said. “That just confirms you have more on you.” Sachi’s expression had a hint of frenzy on them as she gave Reiki a piercing gaze, Reiki thought. … Fuck… Yuki was holding onto a half-eaten eclair as she slightly tilted her head toward Namida while keeping her gaze on them.

 

She said. “Namida aneki, how many seconds do you think he’ll survive?” Namida waved her hand as a shortbread flew into her palm as she glanced at them and said. “Fifteen seconds at most, those two are addicted to all things sweet.” Shiro gently waved the eclair in her hands, she said. “Sweet food is good.” Mio let out a chuckle and said. “Yeah, sweets are delicious.” Reiki showed them the large bar of chocolate and said. “Stay back! I’m warning you two, I will break this in half!” Sachi wasn’t even fazed, she said. “That’s fine, it’ll make it easier to split it between the two of us.”

 

Namida raised her voice and said. “Three people!” Reiki let out a nervous chuckle and said. “H-How about we talk this over with a hot cup of hot chocolate-.” Before he finished he tried to dash toward the staircase. Ketsueki pointed at him and shouted. “Get him!”

3