Book 1:Chapter 1 ♠ Arrival at the Village of Lothar ♠
1.1k 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The thin flickers of light signaled the cry of the new day. The chirping of the birds and the boisterous noises coming from the running kids heralded the coming of springtime for the Lother Village.

The Lother Village was buzzing with sounds of laughter and whispers from the chattering of the villagers. A mixture of anticipation, hope, and nervousness could all be seen in the eyes of the men, women, and even children.

“I heard that the family of the Knight Brooks would be transferred to this village today.” The lanky village carpenter Zaan spoke: “I believed he was given a task by the Baron to further develop the wilderness.

"The forest of wilderness, though full of danger, was also full of unique plants, animals and monsters."The village carpenter added. "When I went to the town, I tried selling a unique plant that I found in the forest and it fetched quite a nice price there. I also overheard that this village will be the knight's fee from Baron Gisvon."

Suddenly, a young child shouted; “Daddy! I was the one who picked that plant up”. Inviting the laughter of the villagers.

“Hahaha, Brat! What's yours is mine. I’m your father. You hear that young’un!” Zaan said embarrassingly, his thick cheeks reddening a bit. “ Just wait, hmmp, you're gunna get beaten with my wooden stick latter.”

Hearing what his father said, the little child immediately pouted and ran after the group of children playing nearby, apparently trying to avoid further angering his petty father.

Clak... clakk,clakk. Clack.

The sound of horse hooves suddenly clamored around the street. It invited the expectant gazes of the people nearby. Sitting on the strong horse, was a muscular bearded man. He has brownish hair, blood-red pupils, and a manly face. His gaze was sharp as an iron, but upon looking closely it was also full of passion and warmth. The knight’s posture resembled the noon itself, firm and fiery.

There were almost 30 horses in the knight’s contingent; 10 horses were used to transport provisions, 8 horse for the wooden carriages behind, and the rest were ridden by esquires and the knight’s family.

The villagers were enamored after seeing their new lord and the knight’s escorts. It seemed like they were curious and a bit intimidated by the appearance of the knight. Although the knights were one of the lowest ranks in the nobility, a noble was still a noble. Their appearance could still be considered rare; they could mostly only be seen during wartime, territorial campaigns, and in big cities.

“Halt! Halt!” shouted the knight in a booming voice. “Haha! At last after a week of the journey. We already arrived at this fief of mine. See this darling, this land is ours as promised by the Lord Baron.”

Behind the proud knight, was a beautiful lady. The lady had unique silver hair draping down her slim waist. She had an oval-shaped face that would seem to fit a man’s palm. In the eyes of the villagers, she was like a goddess. Though the lady’s attire was like a knight, it only made the lady more charming and endearing.

Sounds of choking and pain could be heard from the men of lother. It seemed like the pinches of the village women have awoken the men from their stupid stupor. They lowered their heads because of the sheer embarrassment and excitement.

Seeing her husband’s playful grin along with the word “darling”, triggered a little tiny bit of embarrassment from the lady. Setting it aside, the lady chastised her husband while giggling a little.

“Levo, stop that. Introduce yourself to the villagers properly.” The charming lady said. “Look at them they are already gawking at us. Please explain to them what we came here for, introduce our little guys along the way.”

“ Villagers of Lother! Hear me. I am Knight Levo von Brooks! Knight of Baron Gisvold and your new lord. The village of lother was awarded to me by the baron upon my merits.” The knight announced loudly. “Behind me is my wife, Madame Annis von Brooks, and the 3 behind her are my children bore of her. Hey, little guys do introduce yourself!”

Hearing the words Madame and wife, many of the men gulped hard in fear and lowered their heads. They never thought that the lady was actually the madame. Meanwhile, the eyes of the women dilated then rounded upon hearing the words bore and children, they also never thought that the madame actually managed to bore three children and still look like that.

“I am Liszt von Brooks, the eldest son of Knight Brooks! I’m 10 years old. A pleasure to meet you.” The grayish haired child said. It seems like the little guy with baby fats in his face managed to inherit his father's sharp red gaze.

Then a little silver-haired girl, firmly walked near towards the madame’s side and said;” I’m Ciera von Brooks, firstborn daughter of Knight. I’m 8 years old. A pleasure to meet thee acquaintance.”

The little lady resembles her mother more. The villagers believed that she would definitely be a beauty when she grows up.

Lastly… The villagers tried to look at where the third one was but to no avail. Then suddenly, a little one shyly strutted at the front of the villagers. Mumbling a little, the little boy said.

“I ’m, I’m. hmm. My name is Klive and I’m the youngest! I’m..hmnn wait let me count.”, counting with his tiny fingers he proudly added; I am 6 years old. The boy had a striking grayish hair and blue eyes, seemingly inheriting both his parent’s looks. He looked rather clever, witty, and full of life.

Seeing the funny little lord, the tension in the air slowly dissipated into nothingness. There were gawking and weak giggles coming from the villagers. Hearing the peals of mirth in the air, the little lord pouted and hid behind his mother again.

“Lord Knight!, we are at your service!”, said the villagers in a loud and clear voice.

Looking at the villagers, the Knight grinned and said

“Bring us to the village head. Lead us to his house!”

Thus, signaling the arrival of the family of Knight Brooks.

Yeah! Chapter 1 is out people and it needs hearts to keep the blood flowing to the next chapter. You can support Tryst: City of Scholars by simply clicking the heart button at the right side below. Comments and reviews are also much appreciated. Thanks!

16