Book 1:Chapter 5 ♠Training and the Deviltusk Boar♠
596 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The village's ticking clock of aspects continuously turned, sounding rhythmic in its every beat and tap. 

It was already middle of the afternoon when the training of the villagers finally came to a halt. From the village outskirts, groans of tiredness and pain could be heard. You could even hear soft whimpers and sobs drifting through the wind.

At long last, the villagers were allowed to go home

Picking themselves up, the laborers... Erm, villagers,  slowly walk towards the village staggering to there homes looking like rags. Their eyes hollow, it seems like the light in their eyes were sucked away by a monster. 

The other villagers who saw them were dumbfounded. Just this morning, they saw them energetically grumbling about this so-called training. Now, they look like refugees from a war-torn kingdom.

Upon arrival to their homes, most of the unfortunate villagers all fell to their beds, tiredness overwhelmed them. Shoulder's stiff, legs-shaking, the villagers drowsily lied. Entrusting their whole being in the caressed of their beds.

Some even had nightmares, after waking up in cold sweat they cried due to the inexplicable experience. to the terror of Davin.

Though most of them want to speak up and tell the tale, no one dares, and no one will.

Davin's warning had done its work.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Continuous running to the hilly village outskirts, squats, crossing back in fourth through waters of the feet-deep stream, picking up different sizes of rocks then building it up like a wall in the riverside covered the villagers training menu. Drips of sweat fell ceaselessly to the parched grasses eastern outskirts, it swayed along with the whispers of the wind, asking for more.

Toiling like laborers with pickaxes and shovels, that's what the villagers felt like. 

Ain't this suppose to be training? What's with the running? Are we only playing? Damn that rock mountain!

Working out as if their life depends on it due to the vulgar taunts and threats of Davin.

Most of the duds didn't notice that the man had already sneakily gone to the Forest of Wilderness. Though some observant villagers witness it, thus slowing down there training to what they can feel as manageable and acceptable.

Later in the noon, they saw Davin again ferociously laughing as he slowly dragged a struggling gargantuan boar through its neck.

No...

It was actually the one dragging the esquire.

The beast was ginormous in size. Its tusk was the size of an adult man. Light abhors its hide like the night. Its teeth triggered a grating sound as if it's chewing on a hard rock. Its eyes were blood-red like the monsters of the night.

Roaring in anger the monster tried to trample Davin. Unblemished horror was expressed in the faces of the villagers. Most of the youth pissed their pants as they shake due to fright. While others paled and fled, screaming at the top of their lungs, they ran instinctively.

It was a Rank 3 Deviltusk boar...

The east village outskirts were covered in panic and terror. Witnessing such action pack event was their first ever since they were born in the village. They only heard stories of this devil spawn from a passing survivor from the nearby village.

The account of the lucky survivors was written by the old chief and was announced throughout the village. According to the man, these monsters are capable of destroying stone houses, ramming fields, and even tearing and eating a man whole. The monster rampaged in their village, thus their village was no more.

The old chief surmised everything in few words.

If you see one, run.

If you can’t run, hide.

If there is nowhere to hide...

Your great-grandparents were just going to get you sooner than expected.

Isn't that great?

The villagers both big and small bawled in grief as if it was the end of the world. Some lost consciousness while others played dead thinking it would make them safe from the beast.

The words of the chief never once entered their minds.

“Could you please stop mopping around! The little guys are panicking you see; ”Constricting the rampaging beast's air pipes like a snake, the Esquire Davin roared. “Just stay still and be part of the menu! Hahaha! Dumb pig! Be my Lord’s dinner die!

Davin’s stranglehold kept the beast on arm's length as he mounts its back. He then brutally struck the monster's back. With booming sounds, he steered his patella to the monster’s spine rapidly.

Bamm! Bamm!

The devil beast’s mouth frothed, pungent saliva sprayed as its tongue dangled to one side struggling to get a breath of fresh air. 

Crack...Uhoookk!

Thus, the once fearsome beast breathed its last, with a grieving sound it fell to the ground with a thud.

Its tough hides were no match to the amiable-looking esquire.

Releasing his deadly hold from the dead Deviltusk boar, the esquire gallantly stood straight and tall. Like a mythic hero in a story, he glanced at the unsightly villagers.

“Hey, guys doesn’t this pig look healthy and yummy? I bet the Lord would love to have a feast tonight.” Showing a heart-calming grin, contrasting his rugged appearance. Davin asked the kneeling villagers as if nothing happened. “Anyway, back to work!

After saying those words, pulled out a dagger from his armor vest. It was a time-tested dagger. Chips and cracks could be seen in it. Despite its look, the dagger emitted a mysterious glint of light on its serrations as if it's capable of cutting rocks like soft butter

Davin then glanced carefully at the eyes of the villagers, emanating intense after battle bloodlust which the esquire himself didn't notice.

With patience, he slowly  drilled the strange dagger at the mid-line of the neck of the beast. The monster's blood spilled on the cold forest ground,  spraying it red. The sounds of the knife tearing the flesh of the dead monster intimidated the men.

Looking at the dagger, the esquire,  and the dead boar; the villagers gulped in relief and fright.

“I hope no one would tell their family of what happen here until the Lord says so.” He then added seriously. “The next training would be held here again, at the same time, the day after tomorrow.”

Sorry for the mix-up. This chap was supposed to be chap 5. I already edited it.

Your every other day dose of Tryst is here at last. Thanks ladies and gentlemen for waiting. y(^_^)y. You can support Tryst: City of Scholars by simply clicking the heart♥ button at the right side below. I would love to see your comment and reaction. Thanks!

7