Book 1:Chapter 7 ♠ The Breakthrough of a Culled Hero ♠
579 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The manly esquire resolved himself to face everything like a man, such a heroic feat.

After being cornered in all sides, all he could do was resist with all his might. After all, the knight Levo pulled no punches even in drills.

He might really die if he does not protect himself.

Warily taking a peek in the nearby rooftop, the madame was the one he was truly worried about.

Suddenly, a crackling sound was heard below the ground where the knight as if his presence were to straining for the earth. It seemed like the knight would do his best to beat down the lowly esquire.

“K-knight, Madame, le-let this e-esquire give some acceptable explanation,” the esquire said, hoping to bullshit his way out of the storm. Unfortunately, the octaves of his voice never reached the knight. Though it reached the madame, he only heard a tundra-like riposte.

“Oh, Davin, which one do you wish to preserve the left or the right?” The madame said smiling, testing her sword hooks as it swished around her hands, wanting to see some blood.

Madame’s battle techniques always involved sinister plots. Dirty tactics were her style. If he does not take precautions, he might accidentally lose his two balls and become a eunuch. Unlike the knight which would only leave him in a half-dead state with a little more space for recovery.

The madame’s answer worsened the already blanched face of the esquire. A good old shiver writhes through his body as he murmured blankly, he remembered the manly title of the madame in the old days of the monster campaigns.

“Ba-ll re-reaper- , Gek. I mean beautiful reaper,” the knight softly whispered digging his grave a little more than 6 feet off the ground.

Though the madame did not totally hear the accidental slip up, she managed to lip-read the odd undertones of the esquire,  causing a mischievous grin to blossom in the madame’s charming facade.

Meanwhile, Ciera,  feeling a little loss of what was happening around her could not help but released a sad sniff.

Catching the odd sniff of his daughter, the eyes of the knight brimmed and burned with anger and disgust, it seemed like only through beating him up would it subside.

Feeling the suffocating aura slowly creeping up across the house, even the nosy villagers sluggishly took a step backed. Staying a few more meters would not hurt such a good view right?

Seeing this the esquire could not help but swallow his tongue, he stiffly got into a defending posture. Metallic sheen crept up his arms going unto his shoulders and chest. Taking a deep breath, he tried to keep his stuffy heart as calm as the sea lull.

Boom!

Davin!!!

With a thunderous roar, the knight dashed with his powerful fist towards the unlucky esquire, leaving the old granite floor beneath his feet crushed and shattered. The aura of the knight surged like waves in the shoreline.

Being part of the knight’s official punching bags, er, I mean as part of his daily training buddies. The esquire already managed to develop a general understanding of the knight’s disposition in battles.

The knight likes frontal assaults the most.  So the best thing to do in this situation was to negate the impact of his fist rather than face it. The daily beatings caused him and the others to list 3 rules when fighting the knight.

The first one was never lost focus when facing the knight, a tiny bit of loss of concentration would make you regret that you were born human.

Second, do not directly face or counter the knight's attacks. Disperse it’s strength to the minimum. Remember, an odd body shot from the knight would not only crack some bones but would also shift all your organs. If you could not dodge let him strike the sturdiest point of your body. In the case of Davin, his arms, legs, and shoulders were his best defensive measure against the knight.

Lastly, never lose track of madame’s whereabouts during battles and pieces of training. Madame always emphasizes the importance of being alert to the surrounding. So, she would definitely do some sneak attacks. Anyways, always keep your balls well covered, she was not called ball reaper witch for no reason.

The knowledge which was imbued in the esquire's mind was awoken from its slumber. His lifelong learning had borne its first fruit.

Keeping his heart and mind unruffled and tranquil, Davin received the knight’s fist with a palm. Instead of pushing forward, the esquire pulled as he matched the tempo of the knight causing the fist to lose its momentum.

It felt nice…

Keeping his senses in full-throttle, the esquire succeeded in catching a glimpse of the madame’s visage. The sword hooks swiftly dashed towards his precious jewels. The esquire could not help but grimace as he imagined what would happen if he was not able to detect the madame.

Clank…

Shifting his left leg and arm while keeping the knight busy with his right.  The echoes of metal striking metal were heard across the area. He successfully managed to keep the madame’s blade at bay.

The esquire’s heart leaped in pure joy as ecstasy enveloped his body due to his success.

It was enlightenment.

Unfortunately, the esquire did not notice it.

Nevertheless, the sharp mind of the madame and the instinct of the knight caught a whiff of the fortunate event. Grasping what was happening, they slowly mounted up the pressure on the esquire forcing his latent potential to bloom and burst.

The clash continued for more than seven complete rotations of the minute hand of a grandfather's clock.

All of a sudden, the esquire was alerted by the young lord Liszt who was trying to strike a sneak attack through his senses. Though, he immediately felled his caution after seeing him carrying a wooden sword.

He was going to let the young lord give it a go, he thought proudly.

Liszt wooden short successfully landed on the body of the esquire, though it suddenly splintered into pieces.

The esquire saw Liszt immediately letting go of the remainders of the wooden sword. But he also saw something weird in the young lord’s face. He saw a funny smirk in his face.

No, it was not only the young lord.

He saw Madame and the knight also grinning deviously.

…..

“…”

Trying to figure out what was that peculiar grin all about, the esquire’s eyes carefully veered around the area.

His eyeballs caught the little Klive behind the broad back of the young lord slowly walking towards him. His hands warily carrying a stale dagger, it was little greenish black and was emitting a disturbing aura pricking his senses of the danger it holds.

“Aspects! Spirits!, why have you forsaken me! He shouted in his mind

The dastardly couple suddenly unleashed an unprecedented assault putting-up a bigger pressure to the esquire, the two were definitely just playing with him, they weren't even serious.

Feeling the wretchedness of life, Davin could not help but laugh as dried tears fell from his eyes.

Haha, hehe...

It was as if he reached the top of a mountain yet discovering there was a bigger one at the top, the esquire’s eyes couldn’t help but popped-out in anguish.

Seeing the esquire’s eery laugh,  villagers could not help but send some pitying looks towards him while some of those who were part of the training silently rejoice. It looks like the training would be canceled.

Cheers to the Knight's family!

Step by step he witnessed the little lord walking towards him. The lad was holding the dagger with a shaking hand. Sweat flowed from his eyebrows after he saw the tip of the sinister dagger pointed at him.

He felt a little faint. In a few moments, he was going to see his ancestors. He bet they would laugh at him.

Bamm!

Abruptly, he felt his world spin sideways, up and down, left to right. Bah! Who cares, he felt spinning all over. He felt that he might accidentally puke his guts out. It seemed like all his organs were displaced.

With a blurring vision, he heroically fell towards the abyss. At the side of his eyes, he saw the glint in madame’s grin.

So, it was the madame...

Woooohh!

Did you see that! Damn!

Savage men! I tell you.

Awesome, Mom! Dad! I wanna release a punch like that...

Fading sounds of cheers from the villagers were heard by the esquire as if he was a demon fell by the hero.

He silently cursed them in his heart.

Just wait, I’m also going to let you feel what the Lord’s punch felt like.

Hehe…hehe...he

….

Slowly, he lost his grip towards his consciousness. 

Took some time editing and making it more interesting again. I'm Starting to think that I should probably make the released schedule at M-W-F. What do you think guys? Keep the favorites(Hearts)♥ and comments coming. Please click the heart button at the right side below or simply add my web series at your reading list. Thanks.

6