Book 1:Chapter 16 ♠ Our Buddy ♠
442 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Okay, you can go now,” answered the madame, a bit of guilt showing in her eyes. “Let him rest first Levo, I think he overexerted himself a little.”

“Eh, okay, we will just talk later again. The knight said, his hands ruffling the hair of Lizst’s head. “Don’t forget to look after the training of the villagers. I’ll entrust those guys to you.”

The esquire walked towards the door, his steps a bit heavy, dragging his tired visage to the new home he was allocated with.

But after catching the words of the knight, an unnoticeable smile plastered its way to his face. He remembered the faces of the villagers who were cursing and jeering at him during the beating four days ago.

The sounds of roaring jubilation after he was struck by the knight resounded in his ears, packets of images was awaken from his slumbering memories, the events flashing in his eyes like it was just yesterday. Slowly, the sides of his eyes stretched and squinted, a genuine sneer appeared on his bruised middle-age man like face.

...

Oh, how can he forget those sweet guys?

The esquire then turned his body to the knight and his family again. His leer now hidden in the shadows of his lips. He then answered the knight with a serious look in his face..

“Thank you Milord for your trust. I will do my best.”

The genuine and loyal display of Davin made the knight happy and pleased. Perhaps, he should praise and look after the kid more, the knight thought in his head.

“Alrighty, shoo. I’m still going to discuss things with Anis.” The knight said, his wide shoulders now hoisting little Ciera who was playing with his hair and beard.

The esquire then saluted towards the knight and the madam, his hands on his heart just like how the village head had done in the breakfast meeting. He then dashed away,  the dark grin returning to his face. His thoughts now being filled up by the new plots, plans, and ideas for the training of the lucky villagers, especially for the faces he recalled.

 

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

The sun shone brightly as it claimed the highest throne in the sky. Its crown of warm rays dazzled as it fell from the sky, sharing its glory to the swaying flowers and trees,  the vast blue skies serving as its king’s mantle.

Old toiling villagers could be seen in the farm fields of the village of Lothar, their wrinkled faces covered with sweat and dirt, accompanying them nearby were their trusty hoes and rakes. Despite their grueling and tiring work, passion and hope could be seen in their eyes as they looked at the two members of the knight’s inner circle grinding the land with them.

Swishing his hoe towards the soil was a sun-kissed old man, solid muscles could be seen in his strong arms, his every strike filled with accuracy and efficiency. He was like an untiring golem capable of doing a month's worth of fieldwork in a single day.

Beside the tanned old man was someone they all knew. After all, the old guy spent his whole life in these very fields before retiring due to the nagging of his wife, kids, and grandchildren. He was one of the trusted elders of the village. He was also a notorious and well-known pervert, a thorn in the eyes of every village women.

The old man was the one pointing out which place of the fields should the tanned man plow through. Seeing the mind-boggling coordination between old Gazz and Uncle Sept, a newly found respect filled up the chest of the watching old timers. Of course, especially for pervy Gazz. No wonder that the lord knight and the beautiful madam even went to his house just to recruit him a day after their arrival.

After plowing through the farmlands, the villagers were tasked to sprinkle away the natural compost made from dried and crushed leaves from various plants as well as mixtures of animal manure prepared by the madam, aiming to help the very fields that feed them recover. They would then let the land stay still for a week before continuing the plowing and planting the crop seedlings they had prepared.

The process continued until the whole fields were done. The eyes of the village farmers were brimming with excitement and happiness, the side of their eyes and mouth shifted into an arc, who wouldn’t be in bliss if you see your work done in a jiffy with a bonus of being neat.

Despite that the face of old Gazz still looked serious unlike his usual countenance, his brows were meeting halfway, his thoughts falling in a deep well. The madame did introduce new ways of planting crops with the addition of the new type of fertilizer. Yet, he felt like it was just a temporary measure, his eyes were telling him that the new methods did increase the richness of the soil but only by a tiny bit.

“What’s wrong Gazzy? I am doing the job fine, right? Uncle Sept asked after seeing old Gazz frowning, glimmers of sweat covering his toned body, it seemed like age meant nothing to him. “What are you thinking anyway?”

“Ai, o’l buddy, I hate to say these to ya but I think what we are doing will not work.” Old Gazz answered, his gaze peering on the soil below his feet, his eyebrows scrunched together as his forehead formed wrinkles due to his age. “My eyes can see the life in the soil, it’s still dark yet a bit lighter as compared to before. I believe milord and madame already told you about my eyes right?”

A dark smile bloomed in the face of Uncle Sept after hearing what old Gazz had said. No one in the whole knight’s contingent dared to call him 'buddy' aside from the knight and madam. He remembered the last time he used his ability on this giddy old man, ah, the frustration he felt that time was so unbearable.

After seeing Gazz, Uncle Sept felt that after a long time he finally met his destined enemy. But what the heck? Never did he expect that it would be a perverted old dud, for the third time in his life, he once again found someone immune to his charm ability. He even felt he was being countered in his every move. In their first meeting, he asked Old Gazz to spill his deepest secret in front of the knight and the madame. He indeed spilled it willingly and with passion.

Yet, damnations! It was all about the secret voyeur spots in the village. What’s worse? Madame Annis was there. He felt he was the one being played with instead as a murderous aura rose from Madame that day. Along with old Gazz, he and the knight were not even spared from the nagging and punishment. He was chastened to plow the fields with old Gazzy as punishment while what happened to the knight was still unknown.

“Really?” Sept answered,  his ever-present smile twitching a little, he then grabbed a rake nearby before plowing again using it. “Alright we’ll just report it later to the knight and madame. For now, let’s continue.”

“Okay buddy, hey ya guys let's continue.”

“Aye.”

“Ya better work too o’l Gazz.”

“Quit yappin you’re mouth o’l fool and take the rakes too.”

“Fine, fine. Oh, where’s my hoe buddy? Did you see it?"

“It’s here old man. Get it already.”

“Oh, so that’s wher’e it was. Thanks buddy.”

“Sorry buddy, o’l man Jeff is suffering a bit from old age. Haha.”

“Buddy, nice muscles you have there. Do ya drink?”

“Damn o’l Bam don’t bother buddy.”

“Yer treating as if Buddy’s yars."

“...”

Buddy was frustrated. Buddy felt that he finally met his match.

Buddy thought that the madam definitely knew the best way to punish someone.

Sunset came, a month’s worth of work done in a single day. All thanks to Buddy.

Thank you for the wait. The second chapter out. Support me by clicking the heart button on the right side below. Comments and Grammar corrections are also extremely welcome. Stay tuned by following me or simply by saving my web series on your Reading list. Be my reader. A big thanks to you guys. 

5