Book 1:Chapter 17 ♠ The Esquire’s Sweet Revenge ♠
322 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I put double spacing after each paragraph?
  • Yes Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Should be single splace only Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Triple space anyone? Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Meh Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Meh too Votes: 1 10.0%
Total voters: 10
I'm back everyone. Woohoo. Vacation over. Sorry for waiting again. Do give me your thoughts and suggestions in the comment section and please give this novel your support by just clicking the favorite heart-shaped button and just simply being my reader. Thank you. 

It took two more days for Davin to heal and recover, just enough to participate again to the daily knight’s training session. His face recovered some of its loss vigor, now looking a bit healthier than before.

 

This was also the day that the training for the lazy villagers would be continued.

 

Once again, the knight ordered to start the training plan for the village after its initial postponement due to the unavailability of the esquire. The decision was met with less resistance this time. The story about the battle between the knight, madam, and esquire Davin was spread throughout the village.

 

Wishing to become like the knight and the madam, the lazy bums decided to put a bit of effort by actively participating in the training and drills.

 

Thanks to the old chief’s promotion that they would be training to become powerful warriors like the knight.

 

Of course, not everyone was keen and happy about the idea, those who jeered and booed the esquire during the battle felt a chill running through their spines when they heard that esquire Davin would still be the one responsible for their training.

 

Some of them even started to have nightmares in the middle of the night, losing some of their good night sleep, their eye bags getting darker and bigger as the date of the training came nearer.

 

Fearing the possible repercussion, they decided to hide in their house but was forced out by their own nagging parents and relatives to join the training.

 

The village chief even went door-to-door to deliver the news to all the families in the village of Lothar. No exceptions were allowed unless you’re sick of bedridden due to a disease.

 

The story evolved into gossips making the story more and more exaggerated as time passed. It was said that a hideous punishment would be waiting for those who would not follow the knight’s order.

 

♠♠♠ Village of Lothar’s Outskirts ♠♠♠

 

Standing straight under the rays of the morning, Davin stood like a ramrod in the middle of the training ground, his two hands hidden in his back. It seemed like there were more villagers today as compared to the last time. He scanned the crowd of villagers in front of them, there he saw familiar faces lowering their heads, trying to be as not eye-catching as possible.

 

Suddenly, the esquire’s eyes glimmered in excitement, a bit of bloodthirst appearing in his irises like a predator finally discovering his long-awaited prey, a grin arcing in his mouth. He counted the number of lowered heads one by one, stamping their faces on his mind.

 

“Good day everyone! It’s a ve-ry fine day.” The esquire said, his voice booming across the outskirts, mirth fleeting in his face. “I supposed everyone here knows why you are here. Today will be the second day of our training, some new changes will be applied to make things more interesting for everyone.”

 

Hearing that new changes would be implemented, the crowd before the esquire murmured about what it would be. While the old-timers, especially the guilty ones couldn’t help themselves but gasp in fear and anxiety. They knew something sinister was definitely waiting for their butts.

 

“I will divide every one of you into two camps. The first camp will be called Iron Blood while the second camp will be called Weeping Blood.” The esquire added in a gentle voice, his smile leaking some nefarious vibes.

 

“There will be two different training regimens prepared for each camp and I will be the one choosing who will be part of each camp of course. I will assure everyone that every tick and tock of the clock will be not wasted, so don’t worry. Alright, any questions?”

 

Suddenly, one of the villagers raised his hands in the air.

 

“I-I…”

The gazes of all the villagers in the village outskirts flailed the brave man who was raising his hand in curiosity. In turn, the man sweated more, his face a shade paler than before.

 

“Yes?” The esquire replied in kind.

 

It seemed like the man wasn’t good at dealing with stares that landed at him. Experiencing a bit of stage fright, the man couldn’t help but bite his tongue and stutter.

 

“I-I love the id-dea Sir,” he uttered, the words and questions that he was supposed to ask now lost in the wind.

 

The esquire walked step by step towards the man, his steps light and free. He tapped the shoulders of the man as if trying to relax the nerves of the man.

 

Davin slowly approached the man's ears and in a gentle tone, he uttered a few words audible only to the man.

 

That’s good then, I think you will be very much suited at the Weeping camp.”

 

“I remember your face,” Davin added in whispers, a crack emerging from his mouth. “Haha, you’re really a lucky man, smile a little for me, can you? I’ll ask your trainer to ease your training load a little if you do that.”

 

The words coming from the esquire's mouth affirmed some of the man’s questions. His pale face turned even whiter as an unsightly smile loomed at his mouth. His gaze landed towards a few of his peers.

 

Seeing the face of the brave man, some of the villagers who jeered the esquire when the knight had beaten him to a pulp had made up their minds. They decided to sneak away. Acting life expert thieves which they were not, their figures receded from the crowd of villagers, slithering to the edges of the crowd which would make them harder to spot as they try to escape.

 

Unfortunately, their funny actions were already seen and flagged down by esquire Davin.

 

“Oh, I forgot to add. According to the Lord, those who will try to escape from the training will stay with me for three days and three nights straight for another session of training.” The esquire said with a sweet smile, his tone soft and gentle to the ears. “They will join me day and night in my training sessions as sparring partners as punishment. You see, I really love taking care of others.”

 

The words that came from the esquire mouth struck the minds of the sneaking villagers, their hearts grip by helplessness and fear. Their feet now rooted on the ground, gritting their teeth they decided to endure a day of hardship rather than spending a three-day marathon with the esquire.

 

The irises of the esquire glittered in glee, his eyes squinting a little in the process. He promised to himself that he would make this day ve-ry worthwhile for the villagers especially for the selected few.

 

“Okay everybody, it’s time to select your team. Hehe.” The esquire said as he strode and looked at each of the villagers that would participate for this day. “The first one will be for Iron Blood camp, the remaining ones will be joining the Weeping Blood camp.”

 

One by one, Davin chose and divided the villagers. The majority of the members of the Iron Blood camp were the ones who would just be starting today along with some few old timers from the last time. Excitement and curiosity covered their faces as they grinned and murmured to each other.

 

The new timers were beyond excited, wondering when they would be able to throw those swishing punches of the knight.

 

Meanwhile, the villagers in the Weeping Blood camp were mostly composed of the villagers who participated in the first training. Most of them were the individuals who partied after the knight felled the esquire. Their faces were the exact opposite of those in the other camp.

 

Their visage burdened by anxiety, fear, and vulnerability. There were few streaks of tears building up in the sides of their eyes as they threw an envying gaze towards the other camp.

 

“Attention! The Iron Blood camp will undergo the same drills and exercises done last time. They will be guided by a few of our men.” Davin said in a serious tone, an aura of authority cloaking his body. “The Weeping Blood camp can be considered as the cream of the crop so they will undergo special training. I invited someone to take care of them. Let me, introduce to you --”

 

“Bah! No need for that I will introduce myself. Just deal with old Gazzy already.” A sun-tanned old man said, he waltzed slowly towards the Weeping blood camp, his face wearing a thin smile. “Shoo, Shoo. Go now and do your patrols with Gazzy, don’t disturbed me here.”

 

“But-bu-”

 

“...”

 

“No buts kiddo. Don’t wait for me to kick your butt away. I left the old dude just outside the forest. So do your job already.”

 

“A-alright.”

 

The esquire also wished to enjoy the sight but was not given a chance due to the new task the knight had given him. Pouting like a kid, Davin trudged towards the place pointed by the old man. It seemed like that the sun-kissed old man already couldn’t wait to get rid of his perverted archenemy.

 

Yet before leaving, Davin didn’t forget to cast a wicked gaze towards the villagers in the weeping blood camp before leaving the area. He turned his back in haste, a light grin swaying on his mouth as he strolled away from the area worry free.

 

The villager's eyes lighted up, rays of hope shone in their eyes after seeing the esquire getting kicked away by the Uncle Sept.

 

They sighed in relief in turn after seeing the esquire’s back getting further and further.

 

The Iron blood camp was then assisted and escorted by the men of the esquire towards another area. The camps would meet again later before sunset before going home.

 

“Good day everyone from the Weeping Blood camp. My name is Septhalion Auburg, you can all call me Uncle Sept.” The muscular old man said.

 

“I will be the one responsible for your training today.” The white-haired Uncle Sept added, his eyes gazing at each of the villagers. “Oh, don’t worry we will not do those boring and tiring exercises. We will just play some good old Othello and chess. I already brought and arranged the board and pieces nearby. So who will be the first one? Haha.”

 

All of a sudden, the villagers felt indebted to the tanned old man, as if he was already the savior of their lives.

 

After looking at his eyes, the villagers thought Uncle Sept was the best human in the world. A lot better than their fathers, mothers, children, and even their wives.

 

 

Later in the day, the member of the Iron Blood camp returned to the meeting place. The tiredness they toiled the whole day felt like it reached their every bone, every part of their body aching in pain.

 

Glistening sweats and bruises now covered their bodies. All they could wish for right now was to slump their fatigued bodies into their pillows and beds.

 

A few moments later, the Weeping Blood camp also arrived at the area, leading them was Uncle Sept who was whistling as he strode towards the meeting place, a grin forming from ear to ear.

 

The faces of the villagers Iron Blood camp turned pale as their gazes landed on the villagers in the other camp.

 

There were no sweat nor bruises that could be found in their bodies. Yet, their mouths were frothing like beast their eyes crimson colored excessive weeping, they were like the necromancer’s walking zombies that the roaming bards sang about during their travels.

 

Some of them even were crawling in the ground as tears fell from their eyes, their leg kneeling on the soil as they punched the ground continuously. There were villagers banging their heads on the soil as if they were trying to forcefully forget something.

 

In their hearts, they felt like they had just lost something very very important, frustration blackening their faces as they gaze at the tanned old man named Uncle Sept.

 

“It’s already late guys, time for you to go home,” said uncle Sept as he stared back at the villagers from Weeping Blood camp. “Davin’s attendants will all lead you back to the village. It has been a really fun day. Let’s play again la-ter everyone. Hahaha.”

 

“...”

 

 

3