[49] Splitting
2.7k 8 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vander Slade remained dumbstruck as the three girls stared at his figure. Seeing him blink in and out of reality, they thought it better that they waited until he managed to calm himself.

Twenty seconds passed until he so much as spoke.

"No way. . ." He muttered.

"It can't be. I don't believe you."

His person shuddered back into a solid—though faint—form as he stood. He looked, azure eyes of flames glaring at the trio, but especially Via.

"There's no way my village was destroyed ten years ago," He said through gritted teeth. "That's rubbish."

She raised a brow, "So you think I'm lying?"

"I—"

"You think I'm mean enough to lie about something like that? Your village remains a destroyed, believe me or not. There's nothing more than a monument remaining on its land." She shook her head.

"I don't believe you!" His eyes flared and he gnashed his teeth.

For a moment, Claire watched, a bit amusingly, as the two, very different, eyes glared at one another. Then, sighing at the needlessness of the mess, she clapped her hand and brought their attention to herself.

"Isn't this a simple case?" She said, "Why don't we simply show him the monument, if it exists, and make him believe with his own eyes?"

In Claire's views, as her memory never failed her, there was no reason for Clara to have lied about the destruction of Tam. That being the case, it could only be true that Vander's village had, most definitely, been wiped out of the face of the earth.

Vander stood shocked for a moment, then nodded.

"Yes, I'd like to see for myself. . ."

Via shrugged, "That's a bright idea but, open your eyes and see that we're still in a dungeon."

The Ice Queen smiled.

"If I remember Albert's words right, spatial magic is able to allow you to escape a dungeon, right?" She asked.

". . .don't tell me you know Spatial Magic too?" Via narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"I don't."

The bunny sighed in relief.

"But I have an item that is, essentially, that."

"Motherfucker."

At that moment, two individuals led a small trio of people and walked towards the girls. One, Albert, the other, the figure of the fully armored Allen. Both of them seemed confused along with the 2 male adventurers and one female soldier behind them.

"Is this it?" Allen spoke in disbelief.

". . .we lost half our numbers." Albert looked around in mild interest. "I suppose I should have expected as much. Not many are able to actually enter the forest of illusions."

"You can say that again," The girl, who had a light-pink ponytail, and a long sword at her waist, nodded.

The two adventurers, who looked like spitting images of each other, nodded but did not speak.

"Well, the group is about to be cut shorter," Via replied.

". . .meaning?" Albert narrowed his eyes.

"I will be taking Vander here to. . .see his village with his own eyes."

"And that requires you leave us?"

"It's the village of Tam."

"Oh."

Albert placed a hand to his chin, stroking it moment by moment as he stared down at the boy with eyes of pity. His mind raced but he gave his attention to Claire.

"How will you be exiting the Dungeon?"

"Magic."

At that moment, the female in military motif widened her eyes. "You know Space Magic, really? Aren't you a bit too overpowered?"

Claire rolled her eyes, "I'm using an item with space magic."

"Oh, an artifact. . .that's quite rare."

"Indeed it is, Verra," Albert nodded then turned to both Claire and Vander. "I wish you a safe journey."

The boy nodded solemnly. Claire watched him for a moment, then spoke to Alicia as she pointed at the group.

"Just. . .protect them, would you?"

"Oi, do you think we're weaklings?"

"If that's the task you give me." The vampire nodded, disregarding Via's voice. "And once I smell your return, I will come back to your side."

"You can do that? No matter where I am in the dungeon? That's a powerful nose you have there, Alice."

The vampire grinned, showing off her fang.

"I've memorized your scent. Your smell is very unique. Irresistible to me."

Now, that, Claire did not know.

"Just exit Aclair and head straight of where the city faces," Via said, arms crossed, "You should be able to reach the Tam's monument on the other side of a river."

Claire nodded and tapped Vander's shoulder.

"Let's go." She said.

"O-okay."

The next moment, the two disappeared from the dungeon and reappeared within the Glacial Tower, azure surrounded them as an orb floated at their front.

[Oh, a new person!]

"Where are we. . ?" The boy looked around in wonder.

"No comment."

Claire placed her hand on the Crystal Globe and, remembering her ghost-mentor's words about its function, thought of the city of Aclair and the entrance she had once traveled.

She held onto the shoulder of the boy and wished to reach it.

The two disappeared.

[And. . .they're gone. She didn't even say hi.] The ancient voice sulked. [. . .am I just a side character?]

107