Chapter 1 – Crawl From Darkness
131 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(????, ???, ??)

(???)

 

It felt like he waking from a distant dream.

He woke up in a gloomy, wet place. Old pillars filled the place. A stone shining faintly illuminated the place a little. The sound of running water was heard in the distance. A little sunlight shone through the ceiling. It felt there insects roaming around that place. Old and abandoned, a ruin was an apt description of where he was.

Gloomy, sad, and confused feelings filled his heart. A single tear dripping on his face. He couldn't remember who he was, why he was here, why he was sad, all about him. Even so, he knew, he must live. Live toward another day. Living on the promise he made.

When he tried to move just a little, sudden sharp pain and convulsion enveloped his body. It’s as like he hasn't moved his body since a long time ago. He paused for a moment, just to get used to his condition.

After getting used, he sat up and checked his state. A worn-out cloth wrapped around his body, there many holes covering the cloth. There many scars all over his body, they were rather ugly and terrible. His body was thin and small as if he had not eaten in so long. He also feels a little discomfort, it’s like he getting smaller than he should be. Though, he not sure about that.

There was a sword lay nearby. It was just an old, plain sword. However, there something about that sword. It feels something familiar from it. It like he had been using that sword from long ago. Also, there a bond between him and the sword. As if the sword was a part of him.

He then saw what looked like a pile of human bones scattered around him. It made him doubt where he was.

There was only a little information he got just by staying still, it made him decide to leave the ruins.

He pushed up his body to his feet despite the pain and fatigue holding him back. He took the sword and used it as a support.

He goes and takes the shining stone which he saw first. Then, he looked around the ruins. The stone lights the way. Make it easy for him to look the way. He managed a door-like way out. Unfortunately, the path has been sealed with stones. It making him roaming the ruins, looking for another way out.

After roaming for a long time, he became tired. He then rested on the wall nearby, contemplating his next move. When he was resting, he heard some noises coming from the ceiling. When he faced the ceiling, he looking the slight light. He then noticed the slightest bit of sunlight he saw told him where another exit was.

That rather a problem. It bothered him with how high the ceiling was. However, there no other choice but to look for a way up for him.

He didn't know if there was a path up or if he should climb, but he had to find it first.

When he started looking.

‘boom!’

‘boomm!’

‘booommm!’

Suddenly, the sound of the explosions came from the ceiling. The whole room trembled, stones and rubble fell to the ground where he stood.

Dust rise flew across the room. There a huge hole formed on the ceiling. Sunlight poured in, illuminating the space. After the dust cleared, he stared at the hole.

Somehow, he managed to survive. Fortunately, before the rock and debris hit the ground, he found a large crack in the nearby wall and took shelter inside.

However, he still got injured. Some shards of rock and rubble flew at him, pierced his body. Blood flowed from the wound, a sudden intense pain enveloped him. A pain that shouldn't possibly come from his small wound tormented him. It was like the pain of his wound was tens of times more painful than it should have been.

Sweat poured out of his skin. His breath became heavy. He gritted his teeth. He in the world of pain. But, somehow, he managed to endure it. And, soon, the pain faded.

It puzzled him about how he could endure such excruciating pain. The pain he felt, it felt as he had always been live with it.

For now, he brushes off those things aside from his mind first. He must get out of that place. He felt that place would collapse. He had to quickly find a way out of it through the hole in the ceiling.

The wounds and pain he suffered made his body feel heavier than before. One of his legs went numb, making him unable to stand up. Even so, he still forced himself to move.

Then something miraculous happens. All of the dirt, rock, rubble, and pillar were piled up created a small path leading up toward the ceiling.

He saw the path leading to the ceiling forming. Even though he couldn't stand, he could still crawl. Using the will and determination to survive within him, he crawled.

As he crawled towards the path. A small rock fell, crashed into his head. He almost fainted from it. On the verge of losing consciousness, he felt weak and sleepy, and it was better to just give up. The moment he was about to pass out.

‘why do you give up so easily!’

An unknown voice appeared in his head.

'do not give up!'

It scolded him.

'Get out of there! You lazy man! '

It felt he should recognize the voice. However, he couldn't remember it.

It was screaming, cursing, pushing him up.

'Wake up!!'

And he listened to it.

He woke up from fainting. He felt something or someone had pulled him back. He disregards it and kept crawling back out.

'aaaa'

As he crawled, his hand hurt grazed by rocks.

'aaaA!'

As he crawled, his leg was hurt by the wound he suffered.

‘AAAA!!’

As he crawled, his body hurts scratched by rubble and rocks.

His whole body hurt rubbing against the rocks. Every step away, the rocks caused bruises all over his body. Even now and then small stones and debris fell on him.

He screaming. Forced his body to move, disregarding all wound and pain he felt.

Even with all of that, he did not give up he keeps on crawling away from the darkness.

Towards the light of freedom.

 

5