Chapter 2 – Great Tree Fallen
112 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even a great tree will fall.

A phrase used to mark the fall of something or someone from its throne.

It’s unknown who, when, where the phrase first appeared.

However, a story will begin from a true example of this phrase.

 

********************

**********

*****

 

(Moored the City of Freedom)

A long time ago, in the South-West of Alicia Continent, there was a peaceful fishing village. The people there are friendly and self-sufficient. One day, there’s a young ambitious man who is leaving the village to become a successful merchant. After decades have passed, he returned to the village as a successful merchant.

Upon his return, he did not retire from his job. He started a new business and used the village as a center for his trading operations. Incidentally, the village had a strategic place for traveling by land and sea. With the advantage of obtaining travel routes from that village, his business became more successful and took him to a higher stage.

Many people heard about his success. They came together to the village hoping to get the generosity and favor of the merchant. They then also making trade and business at the village and using it as a base for their trade. The village grew into a city, the inhabitants called it Moored city.

After becoming a city, more and more people, especially traders, came to visit Moored city. Trade grew rapidly, markets were crowded with people, vehicles in and out of the city, ports were full of ships. The residents are cheerful and energetic to warmly welcome the visitors.

After many years, the city continued to grow to make it a big city. Several towns and villages were built up around the city. Many large and famous merchants were born and gathered in the Moored city, making it a dream city for young men who dreamed of being traders. The large merchant of the Moored city then formed an association, an association which was created so that they could trade safely and freely.

On their way, they succeeded in doing something unprecedented, a group of merchants who were able to control the area around them through trade and money. As their influence grew, they eventually established a trade union, with the Moored city as its capital, the Greezoth community.

A free country where there are not many rules restricting the people in it. Merchants are free to trade their goods, visitors are free to buy goods that are sold as long as they have money. This situation is not only interested in many people, even neighboring and distant countries come to Greezoth country to trade.

At that time the peak of the country's heyday, the country was filled with peace and prosperity that made its people happy.

However, the situation did not last long. Some merchants are not satisfied with the prosperity they get, they are also greedy for wealth in their wallets. They look for other ways to gain wealth and find unexpected answers; Slave.

They started trading slaves in the dark, although some people tried to forbid it and stop it. The situation was not resolved, it was even more pervasive. Not just slaves, even, drugs, weapons, and other illicit goods spread into the dark side. It persisted, in just a few years the country changed.

Greezoth country was no longer just a dream, it was also a nightmare. It was no longer a place where good and honest merchants could live. The people there became accustomed to living greedy, cunning, and suspicious. The visitors became wary, distrustful of the people there. A free country without rules is the cause of the magnitude of the crime that occurs.

Many crimes happen in the darkness. Human trafficking, inhuman experiments, even dangerous drugs freely circulation in that city's dark side. A great gap between poor and rich was created by that. The poor doing everything just to survive. And, the rich taking great joy from the masses suffering.

For decades, the country has lived like that.

Until that incident happened.

The country was attacked by something unknown. Causing a lot of incredible damage, many people were killed, and destroyed most of the Moored city. After this case, Greezoth's nightmare happened.

The dark side of the country was exposed, many inhuman and barbaric crimes were seen by the world, making the country's reputation destroyed. All the leaders, except those incompetent ones, were killed in that incident causing the whole country to panic and freeze without a competent leader. The survivors' leaders either fled from the country with their riches or took the country's power for themself which caused much destruction.

The situation deteriorated leaving the whole country out of action. The few existing regulations crumbled turned the country into a lawless state, making Greezoth a great source of crime just a few years later.

The criminals gathered in Greezoth inflict cruelty on their people and those in neighboring countries, gathering hatred, resentment, and grudges from them. Make all who are hurt by them sought for their destruction.

The current state of Greezoth is a big and harmful parasite for its neighbors. However, the former wealth and influence that the country once had is a threat and a danger to its neighbors. Making it’s dangerous to attack it alone. Forced them in gridlock state. Until they finally agreed on an alliance to fight against Greezoth.

Thus, Greezoth destruction is coming.

 

********************

**********

*****

 

(1335 Mose, Suntrith, 32nd day, Noirmay)

(Plain around the moored city)

 

A great battle broke out before her.

Moored city, Greezoth country's last stand. Its army was only composed of criminals and mercenaries. Their faces were exposed to variations in expression, panic, desperation, tension, fear, and resignation. Their morale was low. It’s as expected from them, they were just a bunch of ruffians and scum whose existence only harmed those around them.

On the plains outside the city, an army with three different flags marched around the city. They invaded the city from all directions and ways. Some soldiers tried to break through the city gates, others tried to climb over the city walls. From distant plains and over walls, arrows, stones, and magic flew through the field, injuring or killing anyone they came upon. The weapon that looked like a cannon fired a blast at its enemy.

In the sky, an object that looked like ships and flying beasts flew over them. two or three of them have an enormous size, while the others are smaller than that. The airships were trying to shoot down the airships of their enemies. People are riding the flying beasts, trying to destroy their enemies, and now and then, they drop bombs on-field or city.

On the other side of the city, where the sea and the harbor are, the ships there fired cannons. Sank any enemy ships they find. Many wrecks had piled up there.

In the distance, on a hill far from the battlefield.

There was her.

A ten-odd little girl standing there. She has golden hair, wearing a white robe, and a staff taller than her in her hand. That girl looks out of place on the near battlefield.

As Misha watched the unfolded battle before her. While, using magic to enhanced her vision, so she could see the battlefield clearly from a distance.

A Whinnying sound comes from behind her. Without looking at it, she knew who had come to visit her.

She heard some footsteps a few steps behind her before someone called out to her.

"Here you are, Young Lady"

It was Hubert Alberto. He was an old knight and butler of her family. He’s someone being assigned to protect her. For Misha, he was a kind grandpa.

His voice was rather quite rough now.

The thing is, she escaped alone from her guard and went near the battlefield. It must be made the old knight feel sour. She felt a little guilty about it.

"Ahahaha. You found me, Grandpa Jug"

She smiled wryly.

"Young Lady. Please come back to the camp"

"Can I watch this just a moment? Please".

"No"

He said it firmly.

"Aww"

She dropped her shoulders.

"Please understand, Young Lady. It is very dangerous here"

"It's will be alright. Just look this"

She tried to convince him.

[Protect]

A wall of transparent light appeared around Misha. It was protection magic, magic to protect her from any attacks and harm as long it didn’t stronger than her.

"’Sigh’ As expected of you. The genius of the Everyne’s family. You've been able to use magic that takes many people a lot of time to use that, Little Misha. Congrats".

"Hehehe"

Grandpa Jug looks tired. He drops the formalities and congratulates Little Misha. It makes Misha a little embarrassed, especially coming from Grandpa Jug. He is someone who quite close to her at the moment. She then shook his head.

"No, I still have a lot to learn, Granpa Jug"

No matter how many times he has been looked at her. Grandpa Jug was still amazed by the mature behavior she occasionally showed up, considering her age. Nonetheless...

"Even so, what are you truly thinking? An eight-year-old girl, going adventuring near the battlefield is very reckless no matter how you look at it"

"Grandpa Jug..."

Now, she felt very guilty. Seeing a kindhearted person like Grandpa Jug scold her made her realize how ridiculous her actions were. And right, she just still eight years old girl. Even though she is a reincarnated person with the memory of her past life. She felt that her body had a profound effect on her thinking. Making her doing something childish or reckless no matter how her true age was.

"Sorry, Grandpa Jug ..."

Grandpa Jug smiled wryly, he patted Misha's head.

"Come on, we will back"

"Ok"

Before leaving, Grandpa Jug suddenly remembers something.

"By the way, I told you it’s Grandpa Hubert, Little Misha"

Hearing him say that, Misha giggles. She remembers the incident which made her call him Grandpa Jug.

That first time she met Grandpa, on the day Misha's father introduced him as her temporary bodyguard. On the first day, Grandpa Jug escorted her and they climbed the stairs. Suddenly, from the second floor, a jug fell on grandpa's head and got stuck. Misha laughed loudly seeing grandpa Jug trying to get his head off the jug at that moment. Caught so tightly, they had no choice but to break the jug.

It seems the incident still weighs on his mind.

As they departed, suddenly a loud cheer came from the battlefield. Misha found the Moored city gates had been breached and the troops rushed through them.

That marks the fall of the merchant union, Greezoth Community.

Misha took one last look at there before she followed Grandpa Jug back to the camp.

 

2