Chapter 4 – Misha Everyne
74 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(1335 Mose, Suntrith, 32nd day, Noirmay)

(Myrd’s Main Camp)

(Misha’s POV)

 

When she awoke, the meeting already over and the sun had set.

Later, Misha found herself in Everyne’s family tent. In the tent, all Everyne’s family members who had come to war were gathered. Everyne's first son and daughter were also in the tent. Grandpa Jug was outside, guarding the tent with other knights.

Misha's sibling, Xelfas Everyne, is everyne's eldest son. He’s a man in his late twenties, he has a rather well-built physical, and his demeanor resembles his father. Meanwhile, Misha's older sister, Eliphes Everyne, is a woman in her late teens, she has a slim athletic body, and a calm and sharp demeanor. They both had blonde hair and blue eyes similar to other families, and their steadfast posture is a testament to their longstanding discipline.

Apart from Everyne’s second son, who cannot come because of his sickly body, all the sons and daughters of Everyne’s family gathered in the tent. A rather rare occurrence, considering that each of them was preoccupied with war.

At this time, Misha was kneeling upright, being lectured by her brother, Almer, for the umpteenth time.

"Have you hear me?"

"Yes, brother"

"Don't just ‘yes’ me! This not the first time you have endangered yourself! I always thought you were quite mature yourself. So, even though you were only eight years old, I thought you wouldn't be reckless. In the end, I was wrong."

"..."

"You not just young, you also very talented, many people will target you. Do you hear me?"

"..."

"Not only did you throw your guard, you even ran away from Mr. Hubert. Who do you think will protect you if anything happens, huh?"

"..."

"By the way, how did you manage to escape from that Hubert? Even with your little magic, running from that person is an impossible attempt."

"..."

He continued lecturing Misha in quick succession. Misha found she liked this brother when he just kept quiet.

Fortunately, help comes to her.

"Is it finished?"

"'sigh' Yes, father."

"Good"

Almer let out a sigh. He stopped his lecture, though the gleam in his eyes scared Misha.

The other two, Misha’s sibling looked at their interaction with a calm face, they were already used to the show they both did.

"Misha"

Her father called her.

"..!, yes!"

"I expected a lot from you"

"Ok"

Her face became complicated.

"Now"

Everyone turned to Duke Saffron, waiting for what he had to say.

"Tomorrow, all of us will enter Moored city"

It was quite a heavy notification, but no one was surprised by it.

Only Misha gave him a questioning look.

"Why is that?"

Misha asked.

"Yes, why father? Even though the gates have been breached, there are still remnants of enemy forces left. Tomorrow, it's still too dangerous to enter the city."

Xelfas added.

"King’s orders"

That's all he says.

"Understood"

But, no one questioned it anymore.

A direct order from the king was absolute.

"Father"

Misha raised her hand.

"Will I also go?"

She looked at her father, her father returned.

Then, Duke Safron answered.

"Yes"

"Understood"

Duke Safron little impressed by Misha's mature attitude has shown, then looked at his other children.

"There’s more?"

They shook their heads.

"Good, you can disband now"

That word mark the end of a family gathering.

Misha then hurried back to her tent.

She went to Grandpa Jug first.

Misha then found, someone already goes before her. Her older sister, Eliphes, was already in front of her, she seemed to be waiting for something.

"What's wrong, sister?"

"I'm waiting for you, Misha"

"What is that?"

Hearing Eliphes waiting for her, Misha was felt a little surprised.

"You ran away again, huh?"

"Uh? Please, don't lecture me again!"

Said Misha with a pitiful look, she stepped back.

"I am not going to"

Said Eliphes, smiling a little.

Misha thought she looked cool, even though her older sister was a woman.

"I watched you before. You still hate Father?"

Misha's face gets complicated.

"I no longer hate him. It's just that, I don't know?"

She said in a small voice.

Misha felt Eliphes pat her head.

"That's okay. Sorry, I’m just a little worried about you."

She felt Eliphes give her a gentle smile. Misha fell in love with her older sister.

"Till tomorrow"

“Bye”

Eliphes leaves.

Misha saw her back disappear before went back to call Grandpa Jug.

 

********************

**********

*****

 

Misha's tent is not far from there.

When she got to her tent, Grandpa Jug parted with her. He was then replaced by another guard.

In her tent, there two maids had been prepared to serve her. Because Misha was very young, Duke Safron has assigned Grandpa Jug, two maids, and other personnel to look after her and prepare all her needs and necessity.

"Young lady, the bath is ready"

A maid called her, hearing her calling made Misha felt delighted.

It’s necessary to know, it’s very difficult to take bath in the camp. So, Misha rarely takes a bath, and mostly, she only wipes her body with a wet cloth. For a reincarnate like her that was unbearable.

During the bath, Misha suddenly contemplating her status.

Misha Everyne

An eight-year-old girl, Everyne family's youngest daughter, an illegitimate child of the duke Safron.

Until there, she brushes away her thought, she then returned to enjoying her bath soak.

After taking a bath, the maid helping Misha get dressed. Misha sat in front of a large mirror, while a maid brushed her hair, and the other prepared her clothes.

Misha saw her mirrored figure. She saw a little girl, her golden blonde hair stretching down to her shoulder, her eyes blue like sapphires, her skin flushed white, and her lips a tiny cherry. The little girl was sweet and cute, she was sure that figure would become very beautiful once it grew up.

Although honestly, it annoyed her.

Because, according to the memory of her previous life, he was a man.

A man.

Being reincarnated is one thing. Changing gender is another thing. Moreover, an adult man becomes a little girl.

'I want to be approached by cute girls, not becoming one'

She felt hearing the sad cries of her former self.

Thinking about it, it depressed Misha.

However, even though she had her previous memories, those memories were incomplete. Some important parts of her memory were filled with holes, she could not remember her former name, family, occupation, nor how she lived in her former world. She could still faintly remember some of her former friends and acquaintances, but that didn't mean anything.

Memories from her previous life helped her to quickly become aware of her surroundings since she was 

baby, it helped her become more mature than children her age, as well as to make her know things that this world did not have.

Misha was lost in contemplation of her past.

In the moments of her death, she remembers being surrounded by burning flames without a way out. After that, her memories were cut off.

When she thought she was dead, she woke up as a baby.

Misha was born as the daughter of a village girl, without a father. She was raised by her mother. Their life is simple and sufficient, without much problem. Although the memories of her old life make her life as a village girl simply unbearable, with a few years of living like that, she adapts to her new life. Perhaps, because her memories were incomplete, it made it easy for her to accept her new environment.

Unfortunately, their time didn’t last for a long time. When Misha was 5 years old, her mother fell ill. Misha panicked seeing her mother's condition. Unlike her old world, fell ill in this world, with their scarce medicines and doctors, was synonymous with the dead.

Her mother's illness didn’t get recovered, it just getting worse making Misha despair. A month after she falling ill, her mother died.

Misha burst into tears beside her mother's body. She recalls the last moment with her mother.

(Misha… sorry… leaving ...you… alone)

(But… it's… okay)

(He… will… come… to you)

After saying that, her mother gave her a pendant.

Misha has no relatives, apart from her mother. So, after his mother was buried, Misha was entrusted to the village church.

A week later, Xelfas came to visit her village. He asked about the whereabouts of Misha's mother and found that she already been buried. Xelfas then came to Misha, asked her to show the pendant given by her mother.

After showing the pendant, Xelfas immediately brought Misha to Everyne's family.

That's where she met Duke Saffron, a father she never thought would exist. Misha immediately hated her father who just emerged from that absence.

Regardless of Misha's feelings, Duke Saffron adopted her. It made Misha feel complicated; on the one hand, she hated him, on the other she had no relatives other than him and his family. Without a choice, Misha reluctantly accept it

That's how Misha became a member of everyne's family

Thud

“…”

Suddenly, Misha woke up from her contemplation.

She found herself already dressed in her nightgown and lying in her bed. Her maid had rested nearby.

Seeing that, Misha rushed to sleep towards tomorrow.

Unaware of the fateful encounter she will have.

 

3