Chapter 5 – Incident in Ruined City
60 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(1336 Mose, Merkutrith, 1st day, Roumay)

(???)

 

(Misha's POV)

The sky was bright. Sun moving right to the crown of the head. Hot air filled the field. And, the breeze is not cool at all.

"So hot ..."

Misha standing in a field outside the camp, feeling hot from sunburn.

Misha together with Grandpa Jug and other servants who were behind her was waiting for a vehicle to moored city.

"Be patient, Little Misha"

Grandpa Jug whispers to her.

"But! Where is our vehicle? We've been waiting for long, it will be noon"

Misha complains.

She and her maid had packed all their belongings since morning. And, they had waited for their vehicle for over an hour. Her father and sibling had gone first to the city.

"That ... oh, look, Little Misha! That's our vehicle"

Said Grandpa Jug, not realizing his voice grew loud from joy.

Misha looked in the direction Grandpa Jug was staring at. She saw their vehicle, it’s a magic vehicle called Trans-Gaffore, for short T-G. It had the body and size of a bus. Except, there are three crab-like legs on each side of T-G in place of a car tire. While its shape is a little strange, according to Misha, the magic vehicle is as fast as a normal bus.

T-G came and stopped in front of them, it then lowered its body.

Misha and others get on to T-G.

Misha sits on a nearby seat and checking the inside of Gaffore. She was always amazed by it every time she climbed, even though she often rides T-G.

Misha little confused by the state of technology and civilization of this world. It felt very unbalanced, some of their civilization is way to inferior compared to Misha's previous world, like swords and mounts this world still using. And, some other of their civilization is more advanced than her old world, like this T-G.

Misha decided to just brush of it as expected from another world.

During the trip, Misha chatted with Grandpa Jug. Occasionally, she chatted with her maid. She also saw several other magic vehicles resembling T-G on the field.

There’s Arma-Gaffore and mini Arma-Gaffore.

Arma-Gaffore, in short AG, has a round body rather than a rectangle, It has many cannons attached on the front face of AG, and a pair of crab-like claws as hand.

mini Arma-Gaffore, m-AG for short, as the name suggests it was a mini version of AG.

(…)

Ten odd minutes passed, they reached Moored city gate.

"Hnng! That's weird, It wonder why I never feel shock every time I ride that thing"

Said Misha while stretching her body after getting off from T-G.

"It's because there’s Gravity magic installed in that thing, Little Misha."

Grandpa Jug answers her.

"Oh, Gravity magic? I'll learn that someday"

Said Misha excitedly

"By the way, why do we stop in front of the gate, Grandpa Jug?"

Misha tilted her head.

"That's because T-G's size is too big to fit into the ruins of the Moored city, Little Misha."

Grandpa also explained.

"Ruins?"

Misha then noticed. The gate in front of her was the gate she saw yesterday. The gate, together with the building behind it, had been destroyed beyond her recognition.

Grandpa Jug was right. The city streets were a little narrow for T-G to pass through. And, much of the debris covering the streets made them feel narrower.

"Then, how we go inside?"

"After this, there will be a group that will take us using carriage and mount. Didn't your sister tell you, Little Misha?"

"Ahh, right"

Misha couldn't tell Grandpa Jug, that she fell asleep during her sister's explanation.

This time, they didn't wait long for their transport to arrive.

Seeing the mount they using, Misha felt little hesitation. If T-G had made her feel the uniqueness of another world. Then, a mount with dinosaur-like appearance made her feel like she was in a strange world.

The Mount is Velophia, nicknamed Velo. The beast has the appearance of a Velociraptor. It's just that, instead of eating meat, they prefer to eat plants. They are vegetarian.

Still, Misha didn't want to ride a Velo. Fortunately, she didn't have to ride that beast, she would get on the carriage they were pulling.

One of the riders gets off from his mount. He salutes Misha.

"Lady Misha, I presume?"

"Right, and you sir?"

"I'm Otto, the captain of this group. I was assigned by Duke Safron to escort you, Miss Misha"

"Well, where’s my father anyway, Mr. Otto"

"Miss Misha. Now, Duke Safron is in the north-west of town"

"I understand, how about us?"

"We at east gate of moored city"

Misha nod.

She then found the people around her saw her like she was a rare animal.

Seeing a little girl discussing with a man older than her in a mature manner, giving them an odd feeling. However, Misha didn't know that, so she ignored their gazes.

Misha and her two maids got into the carriage. She saw Grandpa Jug riding one of Velos. He riding beside the carriage.

They all leave.

(…)

In the Carriage.

The room is quite spacious. The window is covered with a curtain. And, unlike T-G, the whole train shook as it is in motion.

Misha got car-sick over it.

"I hope they put spring on carriage"

She muttered.

"Are you fine, Young Lady?"

ask one of the maids. she was worried about seeing Misha's pale face.

"It's okay, just motion sickness, Drylis"

Said Misha convinced her maid.

Feel bored, Misha opened the carriage curtain, saw the scenery behind it, -

"Ah, Young Lady!"

- and view the horrible scene beyond it.

Apparently, Misha heard one of her maids trying to warn her. Though, she didn't bother because shocked by the sight she viewing.

Building destroyed to rubble. Corpses scattered on the ground. Blood and intestine splattered in several places.

The sight might have felt gruesome if only Misha were just a normal little girl.

"So, this’s war, huh"

"Young lady, it’s better to close the curtains back"

Misha glanced at her maid's face. And, found they're rather calm.

"Drylis, Nisself, are you all right after seeing that?"

"We are fine, Young Lady. We were knights before we became maid"

Nisself replied.

"It’s"

Misha looked out again.

Their Carriage passed a turn, it slowed down.

Just for a moment, Misha saw something in the alley.

The carriage drove back, leaving that place.

{a child?}

At that time, Misha thought she saw a child figure and felt their eyes meet each other for a moment.

Misha shook her head.

She may just be imagining it.

Even so, she has a hunch something would happen.

(…)

Ten minutes after the ride on the carriage.

'Boom!'

Misha was shocked by the sound of the explosion.

"What!?"

She and her maids hurried looked at the outside carriage.

"Young Lady, watch out! It's an attack!"

Grandpa Jug warned her.

'An attack' hearing that word, anxiety, and fear envelop Misha.

"Where did it come from!?"

"Someone! stop the explosion!"

"Shit! Quickly find the assailant!"

"Protect Young Lady!"

She watches Grandpa Jug and the guards were panicked, they unable to respond to the attacks. No assailant was seen, but many explosions took place around them.

"Young lady, just take cover into the carriage!"

Nisself rashly pulls Misha into the carriage.

'Boom!'

{What!?}

Suddenly, a large and tall tower slanted towards them.

"Everyone, watch out! The tower is falling towards us!"

"Shit. Someone, take young lady!"

"Little Misha, get out of there, right away!!"

Drylis lifted Misha's body.

However, it’s too late.

The tower fell towards them, dust rose and rocks flying.

Another series of explosions occurred around the group.

(…)

Misha wakes up in some alley.

She found herself after she was blown away by the explosion, was passed out for a moment.

Fortunately, Misha had time to spell protection magic on her and her two maids before the explosion occurred.

There are bruises on her body. But, it's not a problem for Misha.

[Heal]

She casting healing magic onto herself. Her bruises disappeared. And, her body recovered. Only her clothes were a little torn here and there.

The path from which she flew was deadlocked by a pile of rubble. Seeing it made Misha worried and panic.

{I just hope, I can use levitation or flying magic}

She thought regretfully.

Apart from her healing and protective magic, all of her other magic ability was still low. Misha just can only use basic magic from other elements.

Misha then, with her voice enhanced by magic, shouted at behind the pile of rubble.

"Grandpa Jug, Drylis, Nisself, anyone! Can you hear me!!?"

There’s no reply, that making Misha even more worried.

Misha couldn’t just stay still. She was afraid of her assailant will come. She decided to find another way.

She hurried. Hoping to be reunited with grandpa jug or her other allies soon.

After taking many turns in the alley, Misha came to a city square.

Soon, Misha felt the presence of many strangers. She then looks towards them.

They wore tattered clothes, there are various weapons in their hands, and bloodthirst in their eyes.

"Look, there is a little girl there"

"Damn, just a little girl. Bring a woman here!"

"Wait! Look carefully at her clothes. That little girl may be one of the noble’s daughter that coming"

"What! Is it true!?"

"Hwa ha ha ha, aren’t that means we can use her as hostages? We can free!!"

"What are we waiting for? Get her!"

Hearing them, Misha was scared and disgusted.

They seemed the remnant of moored city army. The situation became risky, with her small body, Misha unsure she could run off from them.

However, She couldn't just be their hostage.

"Stay where you are!!"

Misha pointed her staff toward them, she decided to fight.

"Whoa, shit. That little girl has staff"

"What? Is this little girl a mage? good joke"

"Come here, little girl. Brother here have candy for you"

Seeing their mocking faces made Misha feel angry.

"Don’t come closer!!"

Once again Misha shouted a warning.

That people ignored Misha's warning.

[Fireball]

Misha saw there seven people, and she made seven fireballs for them.

Seven head-sized fireballs appeared above Misha

"Wha-"

They were caught off guard, each of them hit by a fireball before they could react.

"What!? Hot! Hot!"

"That little Shit. It turned out she a real Mage!!"

"Where's that little bitch!?"

"There !!"

[Barrier]

After firing the fireball, Misha built a barrier around them.

Misha was sure the fireball will only annoy them. As expected, after being taken hit by fireball they just suffered a slight burn before they charged towards Misha in fervor.

'Bhug!'

"Ouch!"

"What now?!"

"There’s a barrier in the way!"

Look like the barrier managed to hinder them.

Misha thinks she could just hold them up until help comes. Until...

"Just destroy the barrier, damn it!"

They attack the barrier she made.

'Crack'

{They strong!}

Seeing large cracks forming at the barrier. Misha realized the barrier wouldn’t last long.

She then decided to run.

After building a barrier around them once again. Misha strengthened her physique with magic. And, She ran down Alley, hoping to escape from them.

'Crash'

"Where is she?!"

"She's there!"

"Hurry, catch her!"

"Don't orde, -gyaa!"

"What’s wrong?!"

"Watch your step!"

"Argh!"

"Be careful! That little shit create traps with magic"

"Ugh!"

"Damn! You cunning little bitch!!"

While Misha ran. She occasionally creating traps with her magic. Making the path slippery, holed, or barbed.

However, that still not enough to escape from them. They're really persistent to chase Misha.

Misha is now tired. She can’t be running or using her magic. At last, she ended up stuck at a dead end.

"Now, where are you going, little bitch"

"Hah hah. You little devil"

Her pursuers said in low voices.

She saw them. after being hit by her traps, their appearance was quite ridiculous.

Misha has already run out of ways. She felt hopeless about her situation.

"Aah? You think you can still run, bitch"

"Just hurry! This shit already giving enough trouble!"

"Teach this little bitch a lesson!"

See their angry faces.

Misha smiled. She thought to give them one insult at least.

"What's wrong with all of you, you weird uncles? Chasing a little girl like me. Are you guys trying to violate me!? Please, don't get turned on by a little girl. You're bunch fucking pedophiles!"

Their faces turned red with anger.

{what a low-temper man}

She thinks.

"Bitch!!"

One of them threw a fist at her. Misha has run out of mana to use her protection magic again.

Misha closes her eyes.

She was waiting for the blow to arrive.

'Bugh!'

A beating sound was heard.

"Guhak!"

Come from the attacker.

"Eh?"

Misha opened her eyes wide. Surprised to find Grandpa Jug was in front of her and kicked fly her attacker.

"Grandpa Jug!"

Misha was so happy to see grandpa also in front of her.

"Little Misha, sorry being late"

He smiles slightly at Misha.

"Gyaa!"

"Guaa!"

She finds not only Grandpa Jug here. Drylis and Nisself have also appeared in front of her. The two of them attacked their assailants.

"Excuse me for a bit, Little Misha"

After that, Grandpa Jug went and swing his sword toward the enemy.

"Argh!"

The swing of his sword cut the enemy in half.

"Aaah!"

"Monster!"

"Please forgive me!"

Grandpa Jug stared coldly at them.

"Kill"

Without mercy.

Misha watches it, she was shaking. She felt like to vomit.

She is already used to see wounds, blood, and intestine while she working in the medical tent.

However, seeing people being killed, blood gushing out, limbs being cut off and their intestine coming out of them was truly terrifying.

After all of them were killed. Grandpa Jug and her two maids come and kneel before Misha.

"Young lady! Forgive us can’t protect you!"

““Forgive us””

"Grandpa Jug!? You two!?"

Misha was shocked to hear their heartfelt apology.

Grandpa Jug said with his head hanging down. He even said in a formal tone.

“Please, stop!”

“But”

"Never mind! I'm fine"

"Young Lady"

"Just please, stop doing that. At least, tell me the situation first"

With that, they raise their head.

Granpa Jug explained the situation to her.

"Yes. After the explosion, there were no other attacks."

"Nn"

"Most of people from the Escort team were thrown away and scattered from the team like you, Young Lady"

"Nn?"

"Now, apart from Young Lady. The whole team has regrouped. They currently looking for your whereabouts, Young Lady."

"Eh?"

"Yes?"

Misha felt there was something peculiarly strange about hearing Grandpa Jug's explanation.

"How is the condition of Guards?"

"Aside from some that receive some minor injuries, the rest is fine."

"What?"

Misha felt incredible hearing Grandpa Jug's explanation. There’s no one was died in explosions like that, something surely impossible in her previous world.

Misha shook her head. Not think deeply about that.

From Grandpa Jug's explanation, it looks like all of them are fine. Even so, Grandpa is still being formal, maybe he still feels guilty because of her dangerous situation earlier.

"Let's go back to regroup first"

Said Misha.

'Thud'

Who then suddenly leaned on Grandpa Jug.

"Little Misha!"

‘He stop being formal now’

Misha think

"It's okay, I'm just a little tired"

"It’s that so?"

"Grandpa Jug. Please, carry me"

"... 'Sigh' Fine"

Grandpa Jug carried Misha.

They regroup with the escort team. And, returned to continue their travel.

 

2