Chapter 6 – Their Fateful Meeting
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(1336 Mose, Merkutrith, 1st day, Roumay)

(Moored City)

 

(Misha's POV)

 

After that incident.

Misha and others headed North-West the Ruin of Moored City. The North-western part of Moored City was the land where big merchants or wealthy people living.

Misha toward one of those land. Captain Otto had informed her, her family had taken one of the mansion there as a base. The mansion already empty before her father came to take over it. It’s owner  either was fled from masion or get killed.

When Misha got there. Her sibling worriedly checks on her condition. Apparently, they already heard the news of Misha being attacked. As soon as they heard the news, they immediately started an investigation and tightened security.

Now, Misha sits with Almer and Eliphes at the mansion's dining room table. Grandpa Jug goes to report to Duke Safron. Meanwhile, her maid went to prepare her room.

Misha tells her story describing what happened to them both.

"That's how happened"

Both of them seriously listened to Misha's story.

"..."

"..."

After a brief pause. Almer speaking.

"Misha, listen to me. After investigating your case. We found you weren't actually attacked."

"Huh?"

Misha was shocked doubtfully

"What do you mean I wasn't attacked? I was clearly attacked with explosions!"

Snapped Misha in high tone.

"Calm down Misha. Listen to my explanation first"

Almer explained, while raising his palm.

"You weren't attacked. Instead, you fell into trap."

"What?"

"It seems, it’s the remains of traps left by the enemy."

Misha shocked to hear this discovery.

"Then! How about that second explosion!?"

She asked in shrill voice.

"Misha"

This time, Eliphes replied.

"Remember the falling tower you have told?"

"Yes, what's about that? Could it be ..."

Eliphes nodded.

"It looks like the tower is an explosive storage area"

"What? If so, what about the mens attacked me"

"Ah, they’re just mobs. They have nothing to do with explosion."

"Eh?"

Her head gazed. There so much unexpected information. Misha was tired with consecutive shocks.

'So, not only am I fall into the remaining enemy traps. A storage room filled with explosives fell on her. and, she chased by group mobs not related to it by chance '

Misha thought.

It feels like-

"You're really unlucky huh, Misha"

Said Almer in pity.

"Oh, Shut Up !!"

Said Misha. She was annoyed to discover her true situation.

"Hahaha, he's right, Misha"

"Sister Eli, that's not funny!"

"By the way, Misha. I don't know if you were lucky or not. However, it seems like all of those explosives are type that throw fly their target rather than kill them"

"Huh? Why do they create such explosives, Sister Eli?"

"Come on, Misha. You know how ineffective ordinary explosives are against Warriors and Magists. So, it's more effective to use explosives that throw fly their target than trying to kill them"

"..."

Right, Misha had already seen how strong the people of this world were. They are immune to fire, and normal explosives. In fact, Misha was started to doubt that the firearms from the previous world worked against these people. Especially, a group of people called Warriors and Mages.

Warrior and Mage. They are the names of the martial artist and magic users in this world. A rather typical story for another world.

There’re nine known power ranks for Warrior and Magist rank. Misha is a first rank Magist. For a child her age, being a first rank Magist could be said to be a genius and talented child. And, when it’s come to healing magic, she can straight use third rank healing magic despite being first Magist. That making her rather a freak when comes to healing.

Back to story.

When Misha watched carefully the war or the incident she encountered. She discovered that, unless you used magic-enhanced explosives, they would not leave significant injuries to warriors or magists.

As for example in Misha; she is able to block the shock of explosion using her magic. even if it hit her, she can healed from it quickly.

"But, what about so-called mob. They managed breaking my barrier."

Eliphes scratched her head. Avoid meeting in eyes.

"Well, even though I call them a mob. They're actually a bunch of second rank Warriors, you know?"

"..."

Misha didn't know what kind expression she wore. She felt  her lips twitched.

At this rate-

"You're really unlucky, huh"

Almer said once again.

"Can you just stop saying that!?"

Misha get angry.

"Misha, even we forgeting all your reckless atempts before in our part. Just try to remember"

"..."

Misha looks at him. Wondering what he trying to say.

"When you are at home, just how often you getting unlucky"

"..."

"You also forced to participate in this war even though you are just an eight year little girl. That's because, your healing magic"

"..."

"You stepped into the trap unexpectedly"

"..."

" Lastly, you a first rank Magist, forced to face off against a group of second rank Warriors."

"..."

After Almer saying that much Misha Remembering all that, she then...

"We won't talk about this again, please."

..Forcef- she mean politely stopping the discussion.

Almer and Eliphes looked at each other. They felt Misha having vexation toward her fortune.

They finally stopped discussing Misha's misfortune.

(...)

After their discussion, Almer and Eliphes returned to their posts. Unlike Misha, both of them have their own troops and responsibilities to managed. So, they’re quite busy with the tasks they have.

The day turn to afternoon.

Misha went to mansion yard along with Grandpa Jug,  Grandpa Jug who has finished giving his report immediately goes to Misha. The mansion was very spacious. not only the house part, even the yard part was so wide. Wide enough to set up a few troop tents inside.

Misha noticed, one of the tents was different. There was a lot of cooking utensils inside it, and there soldiers inside were wearing chef uniforms. They are seen cooking some soup. Misha remembers if she not mistaken, that’s a military portable kitchen.

Seeing them, Misha's stomach felt empty. She then remembers has not yet taking her lunch. All the rioting made her forget about that.

She watched them. Then, She noticed something again.

"Hey, Grandpa Jug"

"Yes, Little Misha"

Now, there weren't many soldiers around them. So, Grandpa Jug relaxed around Misha.

"Why are they here?"

Misha pointed to the portable kitchen.

"hn, it's obvious. They're cooking for the troops"

Grandpa Jug is confused by Misha's question.

"That's not it. I mean, why set up a tent out here? Isn't there a kitchen in this mansion? It must be more comfortable there to set up."

"Ahh, that"

Grandpa Jug then raised his hand. He pointed to the mansion burnt down part.

"It looks this mansion kitchen was destroyed by fire of our attack"

"... Why still choose this place, then?"

"I hear because this place was most strategic for our operations."

“Ooh”

Misha nodded.

After hearing that. Misha goes towards that tent.

She calls the chef there. Ask for a bowl of soup from them.

At first, they were hesitant to give their soup. They weren't sure if daughter of the Everyne family would have an appetite for food made for soldiers.

After Misha convinced them, she managed to get a bowl of soup from them.

Misha then looked for a place to sit nearby.

Misha took a spoonful of soup to her mouth.

"it's quite tasteless"

That's her rating. However, her hand didn’t stop.

"What do you expect, Little Misha"

Replied Grandpa Jug. He too eating soup beside her.

"'sigh' Nothing. Just became aware just how different my daily food is from the soldier’s"

"You say like that. But, aren’t you eat that quite voraciously"

"I'm used to the taste of commoners, Grandpa Jug"

Grandpa Jug nodded. he did not reply to her comments.

"Hnn?"

Misha then noticed a little commotion outside the mansion.

"What is wrong?"

"There"

There’s several soldiers gathered. Misha couldn't see what was going on there from her place.

She wondered what was going on.

"That..."

Looks like Grandpa Jug can see it. However, Misha wanted to see it herself instead of hearing it from Grandpa Jug.

Immediately, Misha ran over there. She still held the half-eaten soup bowl.

"Wait, Little Misha!"

immediately, he reached the crowd

Misha pushed the soldier in front of her, to give her a way.

"Hey, move aside. Make way"

"Ah, Young Lady!"

The soldiers finally noticed Misha's existence.

"Young Miss, it would be better if you stay away from here"

"Why?"

"That.."

The soldier's face became complicated.

Looks like the soldier can't explain why

"Young lady!?"

Grandpa Jug caught up with her.

Misha then saw the reason why the soldier gather.

She found ...

A small child with very pitiful state standing there.

His body was covered in wounds and blood.

See the boy's condition. Misha felt something hot explode out of her.

She glared at the soldiers around her, and yelled.

"WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING?!!"

 

********************

**********

*****

 

(1335 Mose, Suntrith, 32nd day, Noirmay)

(Moored City)

 

(???)

 

After he’ came out from that dark place.

He’ found himself still not free.

Now, He’ found himself in madness. The sky has already dark. There was fire all around, coming from the surrounding burning buildings. The surrounding people cheered in anger, they were screaming to kill. Hitting, angry scream, sword slashing, spear stabbing, hammer slamming, body being cut, wound bleeding, blood splashing, explosion everywhere, mens falling, people being killed, corpse piled up, destruction as far he saw.

A rhythm of madness and death enveloped the place.

War, that fitted picture of the events he’ saw.

'Thud'

He’ hears something falling nearby.

It's a human head. Apart from the damaged eye area which exposed it’s wide opened eyes, it’s entire face was covered by a helmet and face shield.

Despite seeing that, he’ was strangely calm.

"Look there!"

"That, just a child?"

"Idiot! Everyone be careful with that child. Who knows he is one of the explosive slaves"

"Explosive slave! Don't let him come near you"

He felt people in uniform armor pointing at him.

"Oii! Who owns fucking slave there!?"

"Whoever fucking owner, just fucking order him to obstruct shitting soldiers there!"

"Hurry up and fucking act you shit!"

"You fucking slave there! Stop the soldiers there!"

Now a group of mismatch people also pointed at him.

He’ felt they were all saying something. However, all the noise and tiredness he’ felt made him unable to clearly hear what they were saying.

He saw people in armor pointing something at him.

Feel a bad feeling. He hurriedly left from the place and them.

He’ feel hearing the group mismatch people shouting something at him.

But, he’ ignored all of them, continued to leave the place as soon as possible.

He’ limped, apparently still injured from that dark place. He’ used the sword he had brought from there as a support.

He’ kept going. Occasionally, he’ passed the people in armor. At first, they were wary at him when they encounter him. However, seeing that he just ignore them, they also ignoring him.

He’ was looking for a way out from that place. In that moment, he’ felt a chill behind him.

He’ saw. A single bright pillar light was heading his way. He felt very bad premonition from the light.

He’ hurried move away from that place. Somehow, he managed just barely left that place.

The light arrived.

'BOOM!'

The ground it hit and nearby were exploded. Sent flying all that was nearby, including him.

"Ugh!"

'Thud!'

After that, he’ was bounced down to alley. Wounds and bruises covered his entire body.

"Hah Hah Hah"

Exhausted finally catching in.

He’ fainted there.

(...)

When he’ was unconscious.

A faint light appeared over his wound.

Healing the wounds covering his body

Even if just a little.

 

********************

**********

*****

 

(1336 Mose, Merkutrith, 1st day, Roumay)

(Moored City)

 

(???)

He’ woke up and found himself in the same alley last night.

The battle was already over.

The traces of last night's battle are still visible. Some buildings were seen still burning, or emitting smoke. The corpses were scattered or piled in one place. Debris littered around street.

He’ checks his condition. And, fell little surprised by what he’ found. Although his body was still covered in bruises and blood last night, all of his heavy wounds had healed.

It's a mystery. He’ didn't know whether something or someone had treating his wound. But, He’ can’t let it dwell in his mind for long. He’ didn't know whether he was still safe. He’ can't just stay do nothing.

He’ stood on his two feet, his feet was healed, hugging his sword he’ started down the alley.

When he’ was end of the alley.

He’ heard.

'Thud Thud Thud'

'Kratak Kratak Kratak'

He’ heard a loud crowding step approaching him.

A group of riders and a carriage passed in front of him.

As the crowd passed him. He’ saw them.

All of them were riding lizard-like mounts, it stood on two legs. In the middle of that group, there was a carriage. He’ stared at the carriage. And, he’ saw it.

That group continued to drove away from him.

{A girl?}

For a moment, he’ thought he saw a little girl in that carriage. and, for that moment their gazes met.

He’ didn't know whether it was just his imagination or not.

He’ just kept looking at the direction the group was leaving.

Not knowing what else to do, and not knowing what possessing him

He’ stepped following the group.

(...)

The day turned to evening.

He’ was still walking.

Unfortunely, when he’ found the carriage he was following it was crushed under building. There  wasn’t single body or person there. So, he’ think they might fine.

Thanks for that, he’ lost them.

He’ kept walking for several hours until he reached a mansion.

From there he’ smelled something good.

'Kruuk'

His stomach rumbled. He’ realized he hadn’t eaten at all since waking up from that place. Smelled it made him realize just how hungry he’ was now.

Without thinking he’ went there.

When he’ got there a armored man stopped him.

"Stop there!"

The armored man looked him for a while before saying.

"A child?"

Confused exposed on his face. However, his vigilance didn’t diminish.

"What’s wrong?"

"Look there"

"Huh? A child?"

"Yah, what to do?"

"You.., just do as usual"

"Can you do?"

"That..."

"What are you two doing there?"

The armored men began to gather one by one.

Now, he’ was surrounded by them.

He’ just stared stupidly at them. Not sure what to do.

"You there! Take the child from here"

"But, what if that child turns out to be a trap"

"Just see it! if that kid was a trap, he already be exploded!"

"That's right, still ..."

"... That child so pitiful ..."

Their gazes fell on him. one of them muttered how pitiful his condition was.

He’ tries to talk to them. He’ wanted to ask for their food.

"AAa..aAAa..aAaA"

But all that came out from his mouth just a dry, coarse voice.

"aAa..AAa"

He’ tried several times. However, words couldn’t form from his mouth.

It like he hadn't spoken for very long time.

He’ felt their gazes become strained.

"..I can't do it .."

"..This is too pitiful .."

"That Greezoth animal. They truly cruel."

"Yes, they even make such child so miserable"

They became sympathetic for the child's condition.

Things got weird because no one moved.

Until...

"Hey, move aside. Make way"

"Ah, Young Lady!"

He’ saw a little girl barging between the armored men.

"Young Miss, it would be better if you stay away from here"

"Why?"

"That.."

The girl then looked at him.

Their gaze met.

He’ and the girl looking at each other.

And..

"WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING?!!"

For some reason, she get mad to the armored men around him.

 

********************

**********

*****

 

Neither of them were aware this fateful meeting.

Something will be remember for the rest of their life.

The beginning of the end

The beginning of everything.

The beginning of their tale.

The meeting will bond them with their precious ones.

For Eternity.

2