Chapter 2: beginning
100 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a joke right? This quote was the most generic word I have ever heard did the GMs reset the server? I already know that I have to defeat the domon lord,that's the ultimate quest of Alternia, even if after that there are a shit ton of subquest even one or two that require to beat god.

I already beat the demon lorad. Don't tell me I lost my main character.

I quickly checked my status, in game by touching in the middle of my chest I can access my character status, inventory, skills, option and quit button. Of course it's deactivated, this must be a cutscene. 

 All my stats, weapons, skills, money and objects are as I remember them, nothing seems to be missing.

 

"Heroes listen to what this poor, sad king has to tell you. Vanmian, no.. the entire human race is in the brink of being annihilated. We ask you all powerfull heroes to help us defeat the demon race."

"What is going on?" voice caming a  bit further from the guy next to me.

"W..where are we?" The girl is shacking in fear.

Her bluish eyes start to cry, her petite body is trembling like a dog wich arrive in an unknown place. 

"You are currently in my palace situated in Arthern, the capital."

"W..why are we here?"

"Has I have said earlier we summmoned you, me, the church of light and high magicians made an anciant ritual, a very old tome, as old as this kingdom. We had to use a lot of mana, magic stones and artifacts to bring you here. All the magicians who helped for the hero summoning are currently out cold. The whole continent has no mean to defend itself, even with higly trained knight and our most powerfull magician it is not to protect everyone and so we request your help?"The king bow is head again.

"So we are in another world?"another female voice but with a more stern tone. 

"Yes, you are."

"Can you please explain us what is going on, i'm sure the other three people here as well as me, we can't understand whas going on, can you please elaborate further?"

.....................

"Of course. My name is king Endal the third, I'm the king of all the continent of Vanmian and it is my responsability to protect my people.But as time passed the Demon lord of Avarice , Aargam, jealous of the riches that humanity had, in the demon kingdom not many crops or greenery can growth. He and his minion attacked our once peacefull kingdom.Today the last rempart,in the north of the continent,was destroy and monsters are invading, looting, killing and raping, no village has been spared from their attacks."

 

 

Damn.So this is another world. I didn't expect it to be so....cliché. Everything that the king said is like so many novels,games,anime generic plot for isekai. It's always the same, the demon lord wants to destroy/conquer the entire continent/world, humanity is always at risk with no one who can match the demons and then someone with great power will summon some random guys to become heroes, then they'll try to deafeat the demon lord and live happily ever again.

deep sigh.

 Man i'd do anything to be somewhere else right now. They're gonna give us this super complicated quest that will take forever and I also am sure that I can't go back home.

Then the king asked again for our help.For a second I tought that he was a NPC.

 

"Can i ask you one thing first? Can we actually go back to our original world?"

Here it is the omnious question that every isekai has and it's alway met by a...

" I am very sorry, but we cannot send you back, it take a lot of mana to summon heroes and sending you to your previous location takes  even more"

"What? How can this be?" says the blonde guy

"What are we going to do?"says the brunnette girl with a frighten look

 

"Again I am very sorry. We will do everything to help you during your stay, don't lose hope, there may be a way to send you back. The tome doesn't say that there is no way back."

 

"You're majesty...I will help you defeat the demon lord!! If he is killing people we have to stop him and I won't stay here doing nothing, I want to help the people."

"M..e too!"

"Mmmmh, I guess I have no choice, if i can find a way to return home I will help you."

"Thank you everyone, thank you very much..mmh?OOh!!!"The king was a bit taken aback,he didn't see me for the entirety of the conversation.

"I didn't see you there, young  man, w.who are you?

Everyone lay their eyes on me and the confused look is pretty funny to watch. During the entire chat I haven't said a single word and I wasn't going to answer the king when the question is so stupid.

"Y..you must be another hero i presume, will you also help us defeat the demon lord and save humanity?"

 

I close my eyes for a second, gathering my though and trying to come up with the best answer I have right now in this type of situation.

...........................

...........................

"No."

..........................

Silence filled the room very quickly and the confusion on their face is seriously going to make me burst out of laughter.

"Escuse me? What is Mr heroes saying?"

"sight. No,I'm not gonna help defeat the demon, why should I do it?"

"B..because you are a hero sent our godess of light to save us."

"And because we're heroes we should risk OUR life for you, don't make me laugh. You basically kidnapped us, I didn't wanted to be here, you think just because you've summon me like in one of those gacha games that I'm going to follow what you're telling me to do. You can dream fatty."

"W..what? 

The king didn't know what to respond and start to mutter some words, but fail to make a sentance.

"Earlier you said that you're going to help us defeat him, but what can you do?Just looking at you it's clearly obvious that you didn't move a finger, did you help the people?How? Did you leave the palace or maybe you just went on a stroll with your luxurious carriage waving your hand at the poor people who has to fight in your place."

I was very sarcastic in  my remarks, i didn't care that he was a king, he ruined my day so I'm not gonna be respectful to someone who force me to come here.jJst looking at him tell everything he has done. It's laughable to think have sacrified their life for a king that ask other people to fight for him.

 

My personality, word and body. Everything changed,I wasn't Izuki anymore, I was my Alternia persona.

I was Zero. I created my character to be cruel, that doesn't obey to no one and more importantly only respect those who are strong.

 

the silence was soon to be broken.

"How can you say this to is majesty, he help us all during harsh times, he showed ospitality to you and didn't treat you bad. Why are you badmouthing him when you don't know a thing about his majesty."

A random guard burst out of rage, underneath is helmet i could see a faint angry face.

The knight look very young, I could tell because of his voice. The kid has a full metal armor and a lance in his right arm, a metal sword on his sheath, glove in both hand and leather boots.

 

"True he did show ospitality..."

"Then..."

I interrupt him mid sentence.

"But I don't care, I didn't choose to be her in the first place.Your king summon me without my consent and I will no show any respect torward a man that tell others to fight in his stead."

"I..I"

"I'm leaving."

I take my leave , nothing will make me stay one more second.

 

"Wait!!"

The blond guy grab my left arm

"We got to help them, can you see that we're the only people who can fight against the demon lord, they're basicly begging us"

"What does it have to do with me, go die yourself if you want, because I'm sure the demon lord and his minion are very powerfull if no one in this continent can beat them and I'm not risking my life for someone i don't even know.I don't trust them."

"But.."

" Let me go or do you want to die." Has I say it, bloodlust appear out of me

The guy quickly let go of my arm and back down a few step, he is shaking in fear, it looks like his legs are about to give.

 

I continue to walk to the double door made of wood, the two guard posted there gave mea looks of anger while i exit the throne room.

Finally I got out, the door shutting close. Not a single sound could be hear in the castle.

 

"Now what do I do?"I say with it having no freaking idea.

"Well, no point standing around, let's just find an exit and then I'll figure out what I'm going to do with my new life.

I start to walk taking the left corridor. The castle is pretty quiet and the sound of me marching thru the hallway echoed everywhere.

6