Prologue: Prelude to Chaos
112 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life...an ever fleeting ephemeral. Uncontrollable, yet almost planned. It's as if the events of separate souls were bound by fate, woven by the hands of tenebrific gods whose only pleasures resided in disaster.

Gods that created beauty solely for those to suffer at its destruction, gods that created happiness merely so one could experience sadness. Life and death always being at an unfair balance. Sickness and health, sadness and happiness...war and peace.

Amongst the greatest atrocities woven by the gods, the war of the scarred lay at the vertex of their cruelty. 100's of millions upon millions of men, women and children alike slaughtered and butchered like cattle, for a reason that could have easily been avoided.

The greed and hunger of a few men overpowered the will of the worlds and like-wise the course of destruction was wrought upon the young, weak, and the poor.

 

Priorly, the world was in a state of pure euphoric peace. Lead in part by 3 nations, Falk'rin- the giant empire, Soverin- The desert land to the east, and Hellios- a country that composed most of the southern continent.

These three super nations kept everything else in a state of balance, not allowing any threats to arise, yet keeping themselves away from a lock of power.

Though Falk'rin kept expanding throughout most of the northern and western continents, it made no move to encroach on Soverin, or attempt to spread out to the southern continent.

Should they have attempted to march into the deserts, they would have been taken out without a chance. It was Soverin's land, and they knew it better than anyone else. Though, Soverin made no move as well. They found the situation they were in to be favorable.

However, just before the first summit they were to have, a meeting where the three most powerful lords and minor nations gathered and spoke on their relations and attempt to reach a consensus in their policies, something that could only be described as divine intervention happened.

All 3 of the great lords vanished, disappeared without a single trace. No one knowing or understanding the circumstances of the enigma, the world was plunged into chaos.

The empire, Falk'rin began to break apart as dukes and nobles fought over land, and scurried to ascend to the throne. Hellios, the major trade nation reclined from world trade as the minor nations attempted to destroy it.

With Hellios focusing on the minor nation's onslaught, supplies and trade to both Soverin and Falk'rin declined, causing both countries to suffer. In the end, all nations began to tear away as war erupted. Men burned down land belonging to the empire, other's fought against each families as loyalty to the empire and loyalty to their old traditions clashed.

When food rations were down, many were slaughtered countlessly so that order could be sustainable. Never once did a cycle so viciously escalate.

The war lasted for 20 long years, being the very bloodiest at its peak of 8 years. Finally, it deescalated and order was gradually restored. However, the world never again was the same as it used to be. Everyone from the nobles to the poorest of beggars suffered.

It was said not a single person survived that war without a scar of some sort, be it mental or physical. A statement that was very much true, dubbing it the name "War of the Scarred".

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Subtly ...and silently fate weaves us all together. Embroidering a tale for the gods."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

3