Chapter 6ー Part 1: Dilemma
395 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Limoges Empire is a political entity that exists on the western continent. The Empire is a major power consisting of many different counties, principalities, dukedom,s, and kingdoms. The Emperor has the most power, and all of his subjects are obliged to follow and heed the Emperor's command. Even so, there's still a rebellious subject that opposes and ridicules the Emperor. The Emperor can choose to make them obedient by force or let it slide. Most of the time, the Emperor let it slide. Provoking them can also mean losing his standing and control over the Empire. As long as the Emperor has control of more than half of the nobles in the Empire, the Emperor will tolerate the rebellious nobles.

Darma Archil Limoges, the current Emperor of the Limoges Empire, usurped the throne by toppling his father. Because of the way he usurped the throne, most of the nobles were afraid of him and showed some sort of obedience. Even so, they still oppose him every now and then to see his bottom limit. The Heroes Summoning ceremony is one example of the Nobles challenging the Emperor. There is no need for the Empire to summon heroes. Does the demon king want to take over the world? That only happens in fairy tales. But the pope of the papal state issued a decree that the demon king was up to no good. There is no evidence, only god divination.

"The Evil Demon has a wicked plan to take over the world. Those their plan must be put into stop."

That's the divination. It is like the Empire has no plan to take over the world itself. The Emperor is confused with this divination. Was the demon king really a wicked being? The Emperor's response to divination is by sending an envoy to the east, where the demon territory. This secret Envoy was only loyal to the Emperor, not the Empire. No one knew its existence; only the Emperor knew about her. The Envoy was loyal to him long before he became Emperor; because of that, he knew the Envoy would not betray him. When the Envoy returns to him, she has been injured. She manages to convey a message before she collapses. It seems similar divination appears among the demon.

"The Evil Human has a wicked plan to take over the world. Those their plan must be put into stop."

The Emperor frowned upon hearing that. Before he could sort his thought to deduce all of this, the royal guard stormed in and apprehended the Envoy. His trusted Envoy has to be imprisoned for being suspected as the demon spy. The Emperor has to find a way to release her, but before he can do that, the nobles propose doing a hero summoning ceremony. A ceremony that has been passed down since ancient times. The Emperor feels there's no need to do a heroes summoning ceremony. But the pope urged him to do it along with ith the nobles. The Emperor has no choice but to give up on the pressure. That's why, even though he does not agree with the heroes summoning, the Empire still does it anyway.

The Emperor only believe in one god, a god that saves his and his sister's life back when they live in the slum. The god name himself Shullous; Shullous proclaimed himself as Evil God. The Evil God has since been silent after he saves him a long ago. But the night before the heroes' summoning ceremony was conducted, he has a dream of meeting the Evil God itself. The Evil God Shullous take the form of fog with no clear outline. The Evil God explains to him the truth of this world. This world is just a giant playing ground for the gods that reside in the god realms. After the rightful divine ruler is toppled by them, they rule every world to their liking and play with mortal life. Those gods don't deserve to be worshiped.

13