1
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“017 get over here!” Kahlani rolled her eyes, “You realize that just because you're a Tyui doesn’t mean I have to listen to you.” She paused. Then she said “And you’re not even a real Tyui.” Her sharp tone of voice made her Tyui’s apprentice jump. Her words hurt. “Just get over here,” he paused, then said, “Please?” Kahlani looked at the boy and studied his face. He looked tired and nervous. He had a thick lab coat and underneath that was a solid black t-shirt. In his hand was a rusty clipboard. She sighed, “Fine, fine, but only because you said please.” The Tyui sighed and tried to stand up straight, as if he was in charge. “Good thing you listened to me I could have-” just then Kahlani bursted out laughing. “Oh my gosh Tyson I just- pfft” She just stood there laughing. Tyson looked mad, crossed his arms.  “Hey I can be stra-ong!” he said, his voice breaking. 

Kahlani stopped laughing and said “Wait- You were trying to look strong? Pfft” She bursted out laughing again. Tyson rolled his eyes. “Mr. Holt needs you,” he said, hoping Kahlani was listening. Tyson couldn’t have Mr. Holt mad at him yet again. He knew he was already a disappointment as a Tyui apprentice and as a son. Kahlani looked at him “Why don’t you call him dad?” she asked curiously. Tyson got mad, he knew Kahlani was his friend but she had brought up that question too many times. He repeated, yelling this time, “I said, MR. HOLT NEEDS YOU!!” Kahlani was taken by surprise and stumbled backwards. “Tyson are you- AHH!” Kahlani fell to the ground as the black tight necklace with a deep red inlaid painite stone surrounded by silver lining began to vibrate on her neck. 

Tyson was holding a remote that had the numbers “017” printed on the top and he was pressing a green button which hurt Kahlani just enough so that she would listen. Kahlani was shaking on the ground but she wasn't showing much pain, still Tyson couldn't bear to see her like that. He turned off the remote and sighed. The necklace stopped shaking. “You know I hate doing that,” he said in a tone of voice that he didn’t usually use with Kahlani. She looked at him with  concern on her face. After a long pause she said “What does Mr. Holt need?” Tyson smiled weakly and said “He needs another blood test.” Kahlani rolled her eyes. “Ugh fine.” She walked out of her cell. Tyson was relieved, he didn’t want to hurt Kahlani. Even though he was her Tyui’s apprentice he didn’t feel like she needed to be hurt. She was mostly cooperative and she usually listened. At least to him. Tyson then realized he should probably go check on everyone else’s cells before he got in trouble for taking too long. He couldn't get in trouble again, he couldn't take another punishment. At least not from Mr. Holt. 

He walked into the cold empty hallway of the cell block. Alone it was easier to think, yet there was not much to think about. He heard a scratching noise from above him. He jumped, “Who is it?” He looked up to see a half-boy half-fish above him. He looked sad yet it was kind of hard to tell since the boy didn’t have a face. ***describe faceless fish boy “Whoa” breathed Tyson “I’ve never seen you before. Are you new here?” The fish boy gave a gesture that looked like a nod but Tyson wasn’t even sure if the fish boy could understand him. Tyson was eager to figure out what the faceless fish boy could do and other things about him. The fish boy seemed to be looking at Tyson’s clipboard, well he would be if he had eyes. The fish boy cautiously walked forward and took Tyson’s clipboard. Tyson would have usually yelled at someone who touched his clipboard but he was so fascinated he just stood there motionless, studying the creature. Then without warning the fish boy jumped high and turned upside down in the air. Tyson braced himself for the fish boy to fall back down...but he didn’t. His feet were...sticking to the ceiling! Then when the fish boy looked like he had a good grip, he bolted, running like lighting. He jumped off the roof and hit the ground and ran around the corner out of sight. 

Tyson snapped out of his trance in an instant and took off running after the fish boy. But as soon as he got to the corner he realized, thinking to himself quietly, “That thing was so fast I didn’t pay attention to where he went. Oh I’m such an idiot!” Then he heard a big bang down one of the numerous hallways. He groaned “Kahlani...”  He ran down the hallway so fast he missed a sharp turn at the end of it, bashing into the corner. His arm was punctured by a rod sticking out of the wall. He pulled his arm off of the pearly white rod, which was now stained with his red blood. He held pressure on his arm and continued to clumsily run though the now bright blinding walls. 

Smack! He ran right into someone.  Boom! Together, they crashed to the ground. He squinted his eyes trying to make out who it was without getting blinded by the walls. Then he realized it was Kahlani. Behind her was the faceless fish boy still clutching Tyson's clipboard! Tyson, still holding his arm, was furious, but he didn’t have a remote for the fish boy. Tyson turned to Kahlani and said, pointing to the boy, “Why are you with him!?” Then he paused and muttered “No!” Kahlani looked at him. “You ok?” Tyson could see that she looked mildly concerned. “I’m fine,” he murmured. Then he paused again and said firmly “Kahlani stop stalling. I asked you a question!” Kahlani looked at him carefully and said “Tyson, I need you to promise not to freak out.” Tyson nodded “Ok…” “Tyson,” she said almost in a whisper that he could just barely make out, “He’s my brother.”

0